GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

Friday, afternoon, unless there are holdouts and mistrial. I personally, am so tossed up on this, I wouldn't really be stuck on one side or the other. I would go ahead and vote with majority. But definitely on the lowest charge.
I see a lot of people saying something to this effect about this trial, i.e. they are kind of "on the fence." The truth is that if the jurors would be "on the fence" about this case, the only legal and correct verdict is NG.

?? Then why did teens and adults tell him to lease...GO...20 or more times?
Because they thought they were big and bad enough to boss people minding their own business around?

They floated toward him originally, he wasn't paying any attention to them and he didn't go over to them. It shows very plainly in the first video.

They spoke to him first. Then because they found him "weird" they decided to bully him.

Because they thought they were big and bad enough to boss people minding their own business around?

They floated toward him originally, he wasn't paying any attention to them and he didn't go over to them. It shows very plainly in the first video.

They spoke to him first. Then because they found him "weird" they decided to bully him.

Tubes float down river....Miu stated he was snorkeling back and forth by them. They asked him what he was doing close to them, and then why did he RUN towards them and grab their tubes and legs? Because they were yelling at him? Very weird to me. His group had agreed to stay away from noisy teens but Miu chose to swim over to them. When your whole group decides to stay way from teens....why go over and engage with them?

Bbm.
Really ?

I thought he came over to them , with his snorkel and face mask in hand in the first video.
At some point he seems to drop the items in his hand after grabbing onto the inner tubes; at which point the younger people start haranguing him.
Curious to see how this will conclude.
I do agree with above poster who mentioned the possibility of civil suits.
Omo.

Tubes float down river....Miu stated he was snorkeling back and forth by them. They asked him what he was doing close to them, and then why did he RUN towards them and grab their tubes and legs? Because they were yelling at him? Very weird to me. His group had agreed to stay away from noisy teens but Miu chose to swim over to them. When your whole group decides to stay way from teens....why go over and engage with them?
Red bolding mine.
I didn't know he'd grabbed their legs !
Holy cow.
Why, though ?

I keep learning something new in this case, and I've read nearly every post in the threads about this senseless slaying.
Omo.

Red bolding mine.
Holy cow.
Why, though ?

I keep learning something new in this case, and I've read nearly every post in the threads about this senseless slaying.
Omo.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe he had said that he thought they had the phone or something.

Red bolding mine.
Holy cow.
Why, though ?

Omo.

This case has so many important details. You almost have to watch every second, because so many things are taken out of context by defense in this trial. And important to watch the two videos from beginning to the end. Miu laid hands first on boys and stabbed Ryley and hit Maddie before boys did anything.

I think he initially ran and grabbed them because they were yelling at him to leave and calling him names. And if you watch Eric William's testimony (a man from Miu's group), they had been watching the teens and agreed as a group NOT to go by them. Miu went over there anyway...his group did not approve of a bunch of drunk and loud teens on the river.

And the boy's were right in the end, this man was dangerous.

I see a lot of people saying something to this effect about this trial, i.e. they are kind of "on the fence." The truth is that if the jurors would be "on the fence" about this case, the only legal and correct verdict is NG.
I fell off the fence in the last several days. Maybe there are others who have seen their own light. Verdict, please.

I was glad the defense attorney made that clear in his closing. He presented that very well.

It’ll definitely be interesting to see where this lands. No outcome would surprise me at this point.

I don’t think the guy needs to be put away for ages or anything, but I will confess to still not understanding at all HOW it could be that this situation, as it appears on the video, was “so frightening” and imminently life-threatening that it came to this, and that that was a reasonable reaction to the Drunk Idiot Loudmouth Parade that was going on on that river that day. If I were on that jury there is no WAY I would acquiesce to agreeing that it was fully justified use of deadly force on all of those people based on what I saw and heard. His rampant lying definitely didn’t help.

Overall, no matter what it sure looks like the whole thing was SO STUPID and it’s absolutely tragic that a young man is gone forever because of it.

Who knows? I guess we’ll see. Like I said, I think it’s anybody’s game now.

So the jury came in because they wanted to rewatch the video. They watched the whole thing (both videos) and one of the jurors (sounded like an older woman) asked to play it from the part where he runs up to the tubes and starts grabbing at them until after the stabbings.) Any thoughts?

So the jury came in because they wanted to rewatch the video. They watched the whole thing (both videos) and one of the jurors (sounded like an older woman) asked to play it from the part where he runs up to the tubes and starts grabbing at them until after the stabbings.) Any thoughts?
What is the other video? I thought there was just the one. Link?

Reactions: IDK
What is the other video? I thought there was just the one. Link?
There is the very first video it is only about 6 seconds long where they first see him and start yelling to him. I don't have a link to the video, but here is a link to the video from the courtroom where they come back in to play the videos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back