GUILTY IL - Rajesh Arora, 30, Monika Rani, 22, & Vansh Kumar, 3, die in arson fire, 29 Dec 2

White Rain

Reaction score
What a cruel, STUPID, disgusting for a dad. I hope he ends up in a fire....in hell.

MARKHAM, Ill. — A suburban Chicago man is accused of setting an apartment fire — killing his pregnant daughter, her husband and their young child — because the son-in-law didn't ask permission for the marriage, prosecutors said.
Subhash Chander, 57, of Oak Forest was ordered held without bond Tuesday on three counts of first-degree murder, one count of intentional homicide of an unborn child and one count of aggravated arson.
Prosecutors allege Chander used gasoline to start the fire late Saturday. The India native told police he disliked his son-in-law because he belonged to a lower caste and had married his daughter without his consent, said Cook County First Assistant State's Attorney Robert Milan.
"His son-in-law was beneath him in his opinion," Milan said.
But Chander's sister, Kamla Devi, told WBBM-AM that her brother is innocent. She said that relatives approved of the marriage and that the caste system was not a consideration for her family in India, nor is it a consideration now in the United States.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319409,00.html

My gosh! This is terrible. Just because the husband didn't get the approval of the father to marry the daughter! The couple had one child already and were pregnant with another so the marriage didn't just happen yesterday. Wonder why he waited so long if he was that bothered by it?

Oh he will burn in hell...no doubt. If he doesn't believe in hell he is in for a rude awakening...soon I hope.

I was wondering if fire has a significance in Indian culture. This is the third crime by fire by Indian people in our area alone- recently. It's very sad. How could a grandpa kill his 3 yr old grandson & pregnant daughter?

I was wondering if fire has a significance in Indian culture. This is the third crime by fire by Indian people in our area alone- recently. It's very sad. How could a grandpa kill his 3 yr old grandson & pregnant daughter?

See sati. A lot of people are cremated in India and other countries, it is considered cleaner, and really with how many people live in those areas it is, consider that so many corpses decaying would pollute the groundwater. Also, it is not uncommon for a young wife to die in an "accident" with the cooking stove in India. It is not uncommon, for the MIL to be the true cause of the accident, if she takes a disliking to her son's wife. I believe the U.N. and Amnesty International have addressed this, and there are laws about it too.

Bones were discovered Wednesday at the site of the deadly Oak Forest apartment complex fire that killed a pregnant woman and her husband Saturday night.

Unknown bones were found in the charred apartment complex at 15859 Le Claire Ave. Wednesday, according to a spokesman for the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office . Whether the bones are human or those of an animal has not been determined, the spokesman said.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14967069/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

See sati. A lot of people are cremated in India and other countries, it is considered cleaner, and really with how many people live in those areas it is, consider that so many corpses decaying would pollute the groundwater. Also, it is not uncommon for a young wife to die in an "accident" with the cooking stove in India. It is not uncommon, for the MIL to be the true cause of the accident, if she takes a disliking to her son's wife. I believe the U.N. and Amnesty International have addressed this, and there are laws about it too.

OMG!! How horrific. Guess this practice was what the Doors were singing about when they sang about a " funeral pyre".

This man is obviously guilty without a doubt and then his sister vouches for him. How and why do you bring gasoline around with you, spill it on the floor while fighting with your son in law (since you just happen to have it in your hands at all times) and then you light it since you're mad?? No way. This guy is guilty, still believe in a caste system and killed an innocent family. I hope they get at him in prison.

From May 2015:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...oak-forest-killer-st-0515-20150514-story.html

An Oak Forest man was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without parole for setting a December 2007 apartment fire that killed his daughter, son-in-law and 3-year-old grandson.

A jury in March convicted Subhash Chander, 65, of three counts of first-degree murder for pouring gasoline outside the Oak Forest apartment of his 22-year-old daughter, apparently following an argument, and setting it ablaze.

Monika Rani, who was pregnant with her second child; her husband, Rajesh Arora, 30; and their son, Vansh Kumar, 3, died in the Dec. 29, 2007 fire that destroyed the 36-unit building at 15859 LeClaire Ave.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back