Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
wish we could discuss on the other "possible victims" threads, but since we can't.....i found this video from another link someone posted regarding Cayle...new lead

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/15006544/index.html
We can simply start a new thread for Cayle to discuss it or keep it on the thread already started elsewhere on WS, Close. No problem!! :D

That link is about the woman who turned in Hilton at the Chevron station. I don't think it is the one you wanted. : )

I think he may have kept Meredith in control with threats of hurting Ella or something like that. Meredith seems like she was level headed and wouldn't try anything rash. Maybe she bargained with him to release Ella, we don't know..

In that type of circumstance, I honestly don't think I'd be bargaining with my captor to RELEASE MY DOG. Let's be real here! I'd be begging and pleading for MY life! To hell with the damn dog!

In that type of circumstance, I honestly don't think I'd be bargaining with my captor to RELEASE MY DOG. Let's be real here! I'd be begging and pleading for MY life! To hell with the damn dog!

You might not do that; yet we don't know if Meredith would or not. She may consider Ella like a daughter and may have tryed to have her release and then people would spot Ella and figure it out (he had her until Friday; She had to know people were looking) and figured she would work her way out after? It's not like she could predict he would kill her; she sounds like she was a sweet girl, so maybe she was giving humanity the benefit of the doubt?
Nobody knows how someone else would react in that situation; it's hard to imagine how i would, myself as it's such a horrible situation..

I think she probably tried to make all kinds of bargains with him. Such as he could have anything, she would give him her pin number for her ATM, wouldn't identify him to the police or whatever she thought would get her out of the situation alive.

How you could keep a grown physically fit woman subdued and a dog calm under the circumstances is something I cannot not even begin to figure out.

You might not do that; yet we don't know if Meredith would or not. She may consider Ella like a daughter and may have tryed to have her release and then people would spot Ella and figure it out (he had her until Friday; She had to know people were looking) and figured she would work her way out after? It's not like she could predict he would kill her; she sounds like she was a sweet girl, so maybe she was giving humanity the benefit of the doubt?
Nobody knows how someone else would react in that situation; it's hard to imagine how i would, myself as it's such a horrible situation..

Hilton reportedly carried tweezers in his pocket and every mile or so hiking would stop to check Dandy's (his dog's) paws for stones and thorns...as he told hikers he met on trails when hiking... He said he 'hated' dog owners who inconisderately put a backpack on their own dogs and made them carry it, stating that they had no idea the pressure and pain it caused the dogs paws....

Talking kindly of her dog may indeed have bought her time.......

If you were going to outside ATM's at banks..but the bank card wasn't from that bank..would the ATM still work? I didn't think that it would. I am thinking that this man has it togather in some aspects and not in others. Like he thinks every bank ATM will accept every card, yet knows to change car plates and dismember bodies to throw off ID. He really is a very scary person, half sane and half very insane.

I think he simply didn't kill the dog because he likes dogs that are well mannered and thought that dog would not betray him.. Again I don't think he realized the extent to which people were looking for him..the time spent in the Huddle House, the time spent at the gas station/convenience store.

He just isn't all there and so he in no way thinks like we think.

EVERY bank's ATM will accept every ATM card, so long as it is an actual ATM, debit, or credit card.

A foreign bank's ATM may charge the ATM card holder an additional fee for using their ATM. Just an FYI.

Hilton reportedly carried tweezers in his pocket and every mile or so hiking would stop to check Dandy's (his dog's) paws for stones and thorns...as he told hikers he met on trails when hiking... He said he 'hated' dog owners who inconisderately put a backpack on their own dogs and made them carry it, stating that they had no idea the pressure and pain it caused the dogs paws....

Talking kindly of her dog may indeed have bought her time.......

Maybe she figured since he was an obvious animal lover towards Dandy, that if she appealed to him as loving her dog, also, and got him to either let Ella go, or Ella slipped out, that she, too could talk him into sparing her life. Even most typical serial killers have tortures animals abuse in their profiles, Hilton's not a typical one. Normally one can judge people by the way they treat their pets (and children) and since Hilton was so nice to the dogs, it gave Meredith a false hope he wouldn't kill her. That fact that he loves dog so much he even didn't harm Ella would have throw Meredith off into thinking maybe she could talk him out of whatever he had planned.
He's the first serial killer i've heard of that has this dog obsession and traveled with his dog.. I wonder how he trained her not to bark in certain circumstances when he was stalking people?..

You guys aren't going to believe this but they are looking at Hilton for another mutilation in Lagrange (Troop County). A woman was found decapitated with hands and feet cut off. She is unidentified but they found a coupon from a Chamblee Domino's Pizza in the bag. LE believes she was killed in the metro Atlanta area and dumped in Lagrange. Hilton's address was Clairmont Rd. in Chamblee.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...merson_0109.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

I totally believe it. They need to look into the Atlanta murder about 10 years ago of Melissa Wolfenbarger, too. I believe she was beheaded, as well.

Steve/Mr. A

We can simply start a new thread for Cayle to discuss it or keep it on the thread already started elsewhere on WS, Close. No problem!! :D

That link is about the woman who turned in Hilton at the Chevron station. I don't think it is the one you wanted. : )

that'll work, SS:)

but yes, it's the right link....click on the video for "Search For Missing Athens Woman Turns Up New Leads"...on the left

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/15006544/index.html

Maybe she figured since he was an obvious animal lover towards Dandy, that if she appealed to him as loving her dog, also, and got him to either let Ella go, or Ella slipped out, that she, too could talk him into sparing her life. Even most typical serial killers have tortures animals abuse in their profiles, Hilton's not a typical one. Normally one can judge people by the way they treat their pets (and children) and since Hilton was so nice to the dogs, it gave Meredith a false hope he wouldn't kill her. That fact that he loves dog so much he even didn't harm Ella would have throw Meredith off into thinking maybe she could talk him out of whatever he had planned.
He's the first serial killer i've heard of that has this dog obsession and traveled with his dog.. I wonder how he trained her not to bark in certain circumstances when he was stalking people?..

This is very possible...and I agree that he is not your 'typical' serial killer...

I have a call into my son's girlfriend in Athens. She frequents the dog park there with their Golden, Callie. I hope and pray that she has never run across this monster...but if she has I want her to tell authorities. (My son is getting her pepper spray for her to carry with her from now own, but I would prefer that she just walk Callie in our very quiet neighborhood, for safety sake, even though this nut is locked up.

I think she probably tried to make all kinds of bargains with him. Such as he could have anything, she would give him her pin number for her ATM, wouldn't identify him to the police or whatever she thought would get her out of the situation alive.

How you could keep a grown physically fit woman subdued and a dog calm under the circumstances is something I cannot not even begin to figure out.

it can be done...Joseph Duncan subdued two adults & a 13 yr old, killed them & kidnapped the two younger children, by himself... (Groene family in Idaho)

eta....the Groene's had two pitbulls IN the house too...

EVERY bank's ATM will accept every ATM card, so long as it is an actual ATM, debit, or credit card.

A foreign bank's ATM may charge the ATM card holder an additional fee for using their ATM. Just an FYI.

Not always, I have different accounts at the same bank...2 of those accounts can ONLY be accessed by my banks ATM's at the branches, going to just any atm will NOT work. Seeing when we moved there are no branches up here, well, I'd be pretty much SOL, The nearest branch is over an hour away :) The card? Is a visa/atm card. All of their accounts are like that of this particular kind it's not anything "special" abut my personal account, and yes, the accounts are considered "checking" accounts.

I just started a new thread for possible victims in Arkansas, I came across the case at Huffs site:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58345

FORT SMITH - A murder in Georgia making headlines around the U. S. is also drawing the attention of Fort Smith Police.
Investigators are checking to see if 61-year-old Gary Michael Hilton, the man suspected of murdering 24-year-old Meredith Emerson in Georgia's northern woods, could be connected to the 1994 murder of Melissa Witt.
"There are similarities between the victim and Melissa Witt," says Sergeant Jarrard Copeland of the Fort Smith Police Department. "The physical characteristics, the age was close, and there was the possibility he may have done this to others." (more at link)

http://www.kfsm.com/global/story.asp?s=7603348

I just posted this in the media links thread, but thought I'd pop it over here too:

note - this is Ducktown, TN they're talking about... so it looks like he may in fact have been outside of GA and NC (not that the suspicions weren't already raised).
Does Gary Hilton Have Ties To Ducktown?

Nordia, Detectives in Ducktown are investigating the possibility that Gary Hilton has connections in this area.

Detectives suspected from the start that the man in this yellow rain coat had some kind of tie to the Polk County area.

http://www.wdef.com/news/does_gary_hilton_have_ties_to_ducktown/01/2008

Not always, I have different accounts at the same bank...2 of those accounts can ONLY be accessed by my banks ATM's at the branches, going to just any atm will NOT work. Seeing when we moved there are no branches up here, well, I'd be pretty much SOL, The nearest branch is over an hour away :) The card? Is a visa/atm card. All of their accounts are like that of this particular kind it's not anything "special" abut my personal account, and yes, the accounts are considered "checking" accounts.

hmm, that's odd...my atm/visa debit card can be used in any ATM all over the country, BUT my acct is charged a fee for using an ATM that's not affiliated with my bank....

One good thing that has come from this sorry excuse for a human's murder of such a lovely young lady is that he has been stopped. And, perhaps other murders he may have committed may finally be solved. May he rest in hell.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member