IL - Katie McCarron, 3, autistic, murdered, Morton, 13 May 2006

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.pjstar.com/stories/011108/TRI_BFF9S16O.007.php

Maybe I could fix her this way, and in heaven she would be complete," McCarron told police during the interview May 15, 2006, two days after she allegedly killed 3-year-old Katherine "Katie" McCarron by suffocating her with a plastic garbage bag.
McCarron, 39, described the killing in her own words and gave a first-hand account of what took place the day she drove to her mother's empty Morton home a few blocks away from her own. There, she wrapped a garbage bag around Katie's head while she played with toys on the floor.

I have been following this story as the woman involved was a fill in pathologist at our hospital sometimes. At first I thought she had to be insane to do this, which is what she is trying to plead to but now that I know the whole story as the trial started a few days ago and all the deails are coming out, I think it was definitely premeditated and she knew exactly what she was doing. Just wanted to see what others thought.

As the mom of a little boy who has autism this really makes me angry. I hope she recieves the punishment she deserves and I am sorry that her little girl was unfortunate enough to have her as her mother.

Same here, cali. I don't understand it. :mad:

I wonder if this is one of the mothers that Steve Huff wrote about a long time ago? There was a mother that had an online presence and had written articles about autism, etc. I wonder if this is her.

I couldn't open the news link. :( It keeps messing up my pc for some stupid reason!! argh

Thanks for the info, imthemom.

yes-it was premeditated...if she wanted to be "kind" to her child, kill her painlessly...she SUFFOCATED her? Throw away the key, then we all will feel as complete...

yes-it was premeditated...if she wanted to be "kind" to her child, kill her painlessly...she SUFFOCATED her? Throw away the key, then we all will feel as complete...

I am not sure if it is in the article linked above but she made many statements to family about how she hated autism and she wanted Katie to be mainstream by the time she started school. She also told people she would rather have a child with cancer. That statement made me especially sick. The grandmother wanted to know if Katie suffered and Karen answered that not at first but the last minute was horrible.:furious: She is acting crazy in the court room and the judge has advised the jurors not to base their decision on her behavior. I can't say if she is insane or not but I do think she is smart enough to fake it. She was a doctor.

Same here, cali. I don't understand it. :mad:

I wonder if this is one of the mothers that Steve Huff wrote about a long time ago? There was a mother that had an online presence and had written articles about autism, etc. I wonder if this is her.

I couldn't open the news link. :( It keeps messing up my pc for some stupid reason!! argh

Thanks for the info, imthemom.

http://www.hoinews.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=83632

Heres another link, hope that one works for you.

In news article Karen stated that thoughts of killing Katie started a year prior to actual slaying, but that she had put those thoughts out of her head. Obviously not! I'm appalled at her statement that she'd rather have a child with cancer. To me this was premeditated, IMO.

If she was a doctor, I clearly remember Steve writing about her then.

If she had these thoughts a year prior she should have sought help. :mad:

Thanks for the new link, imthemom. That worked.

It made me cry reading that it was "a spur of the moment decision". Do you know how long it takes to suffocate someone? It takes a long time. That poor little girl probably struggled for quite a few minutes with that bag over her head and her mom struggling against her. :( :(

I would like to do the same to her.

The statement she gave police regarding her attempted suicide really ticked me off. "I tried to do one slice against my wrist, but didn't like it. I didn't know if I could go through with it". Perhaps she should have used a garbage bag! Can anybody tell I'm outraged!! I hope she gets the 100 years.

Well, this mother "fixed her" daughter ... real good. She'd been thinking about doing this for the entire last year (from what I read.) She "didn't like" how the knife felt when attempting suicide? Imagine that.
The saddest part is that she didn't do this :bang: instead.

Yes ... these crimes are really starting to get to me. Between this one and the animal who murdered the 6-month old baby because he "wanted a son" ... too much to think about.

Well, this mother "fixed her" daughter ... real good. She'd been thinking about doing this for the entire last year (from what I read.) She "didn't like" how the knife felt when attempting suicide? Imagine that.
The saddest part is that she didn't do this :bang: instead.

Yes ... these crimes are really starting to get to me. Between this one and the animal who murdered the 6-month old baby because he "wanted a son" ... too much to think about.

Yeah and I bet she treated her daughter with the utmost respect during the year she had those thoughts.:furious: People like this make me sick. I can say autism or not I would have taken this child. I know children with autism can and do progress. You just have to enjoy every single hard earned step, :) no matter how small.

Yeah and I bet she treated her daughter with the utmost respect during the year she had those thoughts.:furious: People like this make me sick. I can say autism or not I would have taken this child. I know children with autism can and do progress. You just have to enjoy every single hard earned step, :) no matter how small.

People like this make me sick as well Spaz. My little boy is has autism so I know what life is like and I am so angry about this. I take joy in every hard step he takes. It sounds to me like this woman was all about her. The child didn't live up to her impossible expectations so she had to go. I am sure she treated this poor child terribly and I hope she is thrown in jail for the rest of her life.

People like this make me sick as well Spaz. My little boy is has autism so I know what life is like and I am so angry about this. I take joy in every hard step he takes. It sounds to me like this woman was all about her. The child didn't live up to her impossible expectations so she had to go. I am sure she treated this poor child terribly and I hope she is thrown in jail for the rest of her life.

She did treat her badly, testimony about how she never hugged her or kissed her and how the father had taken Katie to a treatment facility for many months leaving her with the other child. She felt her life would be perfect without this imperfect child.

She did treat her badly, testimony about how she never hugged her or kissed her and how the father had taken Katie to a treatment facility for many months leaving her with the other child. She felt her life would be perfect without this imperfect child.

That is my opinion of this "mother" also, It was all about her and how her child wasn't perfect. I hope the jury is able to see this and will throw her under the jail where she belongs.

My youngest is in the autism spectrum and she's not real lovey-dovey. Sensory issues, I guess. :( Therefore it may look to some that we don't hug and kiss her a lot, when really she just doesn't want it.

So I don't know if that should be used against this woman. I'm certainly not making excuses for her AT ALL, but kind of wanted to point that out. IMO :blowkiss:

Yes, she deserves to rot in hell.

If things were intolerable for her...she should have put her up for adoption. To kill is never, ever justified cenasangel.

My youngest is in the autism spectrum and she's not real lovey-dovey. Sensory issues, I guess. :( Therefore it may look to some that we don't hug and kiss her a lot, when really she just doesn't want it.

So I don't know if that should be used against this woman. I'm certainly not making excuses for her AT ALL, but kind of wanted to point that out. IMO :blowkiss:

Yes, she deserves to rot in hell.

No understood Taxi, I have a 1st cousin and a 2nd cousin with autism. Most don't like a lot of stimulation. Some are very mild, some severe. According to the family little Katie was not severe and they were the ones sayin the mother did not show affection. So to me that seems like other people in the family did show her affection, just not her mother.

In link that Imthemom posted yesterday, article stated "If convicted McCarron could face up to 100 years". Perhaps I chose the wrong words in my post yesterday. I hope she gets the maxium sentence, she murdered an innocent child.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for killing a child. I don't care what trials or tribulations a person goes through or how difficult it is to raise a child...that doesn't give a person the "RIGHT" to kill a baby or child. Sure all of us who have children KNOW at times it can be tough for a number of reasons; be it medical, financial, emotional but we all have problems but that doesn't give any of us the right to hurt our kids. This of a woman is wacked. She wanted the perfect child but it didn't work out that way, so she took it into her own hads to eliminate that poor baby. What about the baby? Didn't she have the right to live? But her so-called of a mother took that away. I hope she burns in hell for all eternity.
Rest in peace angel...you are in the LORDS ARMS NOW & FOREVER!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back