Oprah Winfrey getting her own TV network

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
Oprah gets her own tv network:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080115/ap_en_tv/tv_oprah_channel

NEW YORK - Oprah Winfrey is getting her own TV network. OWN — for Oprah Winfrey Network — will debut next year in nearly 70 million homes with cable and satellite, part of a deal announced Tuesday with Discovery Communications. It will replace the Discovery Health network. (more at link)

I guess Oprah won't stop until she has complete world domination.

Not liking that it's replacing Discovery Health.:mad:

Yeah, I thought that part was strange, shopper. I like Discovery Health. :(

I guess instead of being educated on interesting health subjects, we can learn how to change our accents, lose and gain weight back, whine, brag, and whatever. I won't be watching the channel, because I think Oprah is a big old power hungry phoney. I hope she doesn't ever try to run for some office.

Let's see, Oprah has her own tv show, her own Sirus radio show, her own cookbooks and weightloss books, her own magazine, her own private school, her own TV network and if all goes her way, she'll have her own president.:rolleyes: :p

I guess instead of being educated on interesting health subjects, we can learn how to change our accents, lose and gain weight back, whine, brag, and whatever. I won't be watching the channel, because I think Oprah is a big old power hungry phoney. I hope she doesn't ever try to run for some office.

Ditto!
:clap: :woohoo: :clap:

This so sucks! Replacing one of my favorite channels with her crap. Sucks I say!

Queen Poprah runs half the free world. She frightens me.

Let's see, Oprah has her own tv show, her own Sirus radio show, her own cookbooks and weightloss books, her own magazine, her own private school, her own TV network and if all goes her way, she'll have her own president.:rolleyes: :p

LOL. :clap: :clap:
And like someone said earlier..I thought Oxygen was Oprahs' network?

Queen Poprah runs half the free world. She frightens me.
Shes never really taken off down here..I dont know why but she is not big news here like other well known Americans are.

Oprah gets her own tv network:

NEW YORK - Oprah Winfrey is getting her own TV network. OWN — for Oprah Winfrey Network — will debut next year in nearly 70 million homes with cable and satellite, part of a deal announced Tuesday with Discovery Communications. It will replace the Discovery Health network. (more at link)

Discovery owns 13 networks in the United States, including Discovery, TLC and Animal Planet. Discovery Health is one of the least successful, and company President and CEO David Zaslav was looking for ideas about what to do with it when his wife handed him a copy of Oprah's magazine.

Well as long as Animal Planet isn't taken off.
I'm not sure I've ever watched discover health that much.
Wonder what she's going to put on, as a show.

I think the only thing I dislike about Oprah is that book club of her. She gives a thumbs up on a book and all of her mindless drones just HAVE to HAVE it. At some point the club becomes so powerful that she can singlehandedly make or break a book, and in my opinion that becomes dangerous because she can have a grudge against a person who writes a wonderful book but can say that it sucks and kill the person's sales.

Discovery owns 13 networks in the United States, including Discovery, TLC and Animal Planet. Discovery Health is one of the least successful, and company President and CEO David Zaslav was looking for ideas about what to do with it when his wife handed him a copy of Oprah's magazine.

Well as long as Animal Planet isn't taken off.
I'm not sure I've ever watched discover health that much.
Wonder what she's going to put on, as a show.

--->>>GREAT POST Pharlap!!!!! IF David Zaslav likes the idea, and we liked what he did for us before, wellllll. I am willing to sit tight and just see what the new ownership does for us. I love the health channel as well.

I feel certain that Dr. OZ will be present, and that will be a very GOOD thing. I do believe the new ownership will provide a great TEACHING CHANNEL for those of us that are OPEN and able to learn something.

WE need to be taught how to care for our bodies, since the harang about health care in America. We do CREATE and impose the lions share of our health problems to OURSELVES.

Even Don Adams, old star of TV show "Get Smart", would talk into his spy shoe phone and say, "Restrict judgement and action, til you see for yourselves".

AT least, Government money was not used to provide us a teaching tool for having better health. Nor will Government money be used for printing lopsided FDA information and or mailing it to us on HOW to take care of our health.

Drug companies probably won't like the new network either. MOO

Didn't think of that.
She'll choose what commercials that are shown....right?

Wow I am the odd one out, LOL I love her and was happy to hear this. Not happy about my new fav channel being replaced. BUt I do love me some oprah, even tried to tie her name into a baby name...LOL

I will tape Oprah's educational shows (like with Dr. Oz or Bob Greene). I won't be watching any her other shows. ;)

Beth Holloway Twitty is on Oprah show today. Comes on Denver, 4 PM Mountain time. Wednesday the 16th TODAY.

I love Dr. OZ!!!

I love seeing the story's of REALLY REALLY FAT People!!! Feel so sorry for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back