Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The affidavit accompanied a warrant to search Western Union records.
Authorities said in the affidavit that Laurean and his wife, Christina, received a transfer of money between December 10 and January 12. It gave no further details.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/17/missing.marine/index.html

Money to help with the run? Wow, unless some family member was in a habit of sending them money, this looks like getaway money! Maybe it will lead to someone who is helping him hide....

There was also mention of Maria sending/receiving money from Western Union during that time.

You are right tho...it might be a good lead to find him.

It's list him and his wife. The wife has to be in on it....:rolleyes:

if christina knew a day before about the murder shouldn't she be in custody for obstruction of justice or something??

If their atty advised him to turn hisself in, would they have let him return home to get things in order (knowing he wouldn't get out on bail) and then turn himself in, or would they suggest they do it right away?

The affidavit accompanied a warrant to search Western Union records.
Authorities said in the affidavit that Laurean and his wife, Christina, received a transfer of money between December 10 and January 12. It gave no further details.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/17/missing.marine/index.html

Money to help with the run? Wow, unless some family member was in a habit of sending them money, this looks like getaway money! Maybe it will lead to someone who is helping him hide....

Well now that is very interesting. I bet it was to help fund his escape. It is quit a coinicence if not.

There was also mention of Maria sending/receiving money from Western Union during that time.

You are right tho...it might be a good lead to find him.

This had to have been a way to try to uphold the ruse that Maria was still alive.

This makes me even more suspicious that someone (you know who I'm looking at) bought the bus ticket posing as Maria. Somebody had to go down and pick up this money personally. I think you have to show I.D., too, to receive funds from WU. Wonder if Maria's driver's license and/or military I.D. are missing.

This had to have been a way to try to uphold the ruse that Maria was still alive.

This makes me even more suspicious that someone (you know who I'm looking at) bought the bus ticket posing as Maria. Somebody had to go down and pick up this money personally. I think you have to show I.D., too, to receive funds from WU. Wonder if Maria's driver's license and/or military I.D. are missing.

I wish we had a picture of Christina to see how much she looks like Maria. I can't believe one hasn't gotten out yet.

[
QUOTE=STEADFAST;1919165]This had to have been a way to try to uphold the ruse that Maria was still alive.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, Are you saying that the Laurean's could have sent money to Maria and then picked it up to make it seem like see left town.

About her Militay I/D, I have heard atm card and I have also heard ID card
was found in Durham. I wonder which one is correct. I think LE should make sure they did not wire money to Durham and he had it pick-up when he got there.

if christina knew a day before about the murder shouldn't she be in custody for obstruction of justice or something??
Greta mentioned earlier on Fox that in all her years as a lawyer, she never saw anyone actually brought up on the charges of aiding and abetting (which is what it would be) when they were going after the one that actually committed the crime. She also further said that was ONLY if Christina knew NOTHING before that time (24 hours before she told LE) of the crime. If it is proven she knew anything before then...she will be charged with accessory to murder before or after the fact.

I wish we had a picture of Christina to see how much she looks like Maria. I can't believe one hasn't gotten out yet.
I know! It seems like we should be able to find one from an old year book or something!! I wish one of those marines on base would slip one into their cam phone and post it.

I know! It seems like we should be able to find one from an old year book or something!! I wish one of those marines on base would slip one into their cam phone and post it.

Don't public libraries usually have yearbooks for their local schools? Wish someone in OH could get one..... If we knew where she went to school

"According to the police affidavit, Laurean and his wife, Christina, also a Marine, met with an attorney in Jacksonville, North Carolina, on January 9. The lawyer told Laurean he could be looking at the death penalty."

So, if he tells this story to the attorney that Maria committed suicide like he said, he wouldn't be looking at the death penalty. If he just buried her, that wouldn't warrant the DP. So in my mind, he must have admitted killing her to this attorney, right? Otherwise, why would this attorney bring up the DP.

I can't believe it either! It hasn't been so hard to find a picture of someone involved in a case since . . . really since last week when everyone was looking for a picture of the arrestee in the Seattle Christmas family murder. But, still, usually some outstanding poster on WS locates a picture right away.

I am sure a picture will surface soon..I found what I think is her sister's myspace page and I am trying to get into her pictures but apparently since posting my link last night someone has disabled my hacking abilities LMAO!

"According to the police affidavit, Laurean and his wife, Christina, also a Marine, met with an attorney in Jacksonville, North Carolina, on January 9. The lawyer told Laurean he could be looking at the death penalty."

So, if he tells this story to the attorney that Maria committed suicide like he said, he wouldn't be looking at the death penalty. If he just buried her, that wouldn't warrant the DP. So in my mind, he must have admitted killing her to this attorney, right? Otherwise, why would this attorney bring up the DP.

Or the attorney didn't even dignify his ridiculous story by pretending to believe it.

Don't public libraries usually have yearbooks for their local schools? Wish someone in OH could get one..... If we knew where she went to school

On one of these threads. Someone found out where she went to High School. Just can not recall what thread.

Until today, most on here did not want to consider her to be anything except another victim in Maria's murder and weren't really looking to post her photo, imo.

On one of these threads. Someone found out where she went to High School. Just can not recall what thread.

Christina grew up in Prospect Ohio. I think her father still lives there. If you google him there is an address for Bruce Shifflet in Prospect. I think she would have gone to school there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie