Whaling ship attacked

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
A Japanese whaling group has accused the Sea Shepherd activist group of attacking a second ship in the Southern Ocean.
It also accused the Australia of giving "limousine service" to Sea Shepherd activists Benjamin Potts and Giles Lane, who were detained on the Yushin Maru No. 2 before being handed over to the Australian customs vessel, the Oceanic Viking, on Friday.
"The Australian government has rejected and thus spoiled the International Whaling Commissions' efforts to ensure safety at sea and protection of the environment with its desire to give limousine service to two illegal Sea Shepherd intruders," he said in a statement.
These two violent pirates have been provided a first-class delivery service straight back to the Steve Irwin via Australian customs.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=367982

Japanese Whaling illegal....court says.

An Australian court has ruled that the activities of the Japanese whaling fleet are illegal and ordered it to halt its operations.

It is not clear what effect the ruling will have, as Japan does not recognise Australia's Antarctic claim.

The court orders that the respondent be restrained from killing, injuring, taking or interfering with any Antarctic minke whale, fin whale or humpback whale in the Australian whale sanctuary," he said in his ruling.

An Australian patrol ship and an aircraft have already been sent south to assemble photographic and video material of the fleet for a possible legal challenge in international courts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7188674.stm

They dont care mate....they are still going to kill the whales regardless..we are doing what we can but its not making much of a difference........its only us that reconigise the waters as a santuary :(.
From your link Pharlap.

Australia is free to do whatever it wants, send planes or a ship," said Ryotaro Suzuki, director of the fisheries division at Japan's Foreign Ministry. "We have no immediate plans to lodge a protest against the Australian action, as long as they don't use force to stop the Japanese whaling .

I wish we could use all of our forces to stop the whale killing.

I'm so glad the Sea Shepherd is being aggressive. They're doing a great job. I can't understand wanting to just slaughter the whales. Making them live with that stinky butyric acid for a couple of days is perfect!

It really made me smile to see the ship was named the "Steve Irwin" :) .

I'm so glad the Sea Shepherd is being aggressive. They're doing a great job. I can't understand wanting to just slaughter the whales. Making them live with that stinky butyric acid for a couple of days is perfect!

It really made me smile to see the ship was named the "Steve Irwin" :) .

Its bitter sweet Tielbird.

They dont care mate....they are still going to kill the whales regardless..we are doing what we can but its not making much of a difference........its only us that reconigise the waters as a santuary :(.
From your link Pharlap.

Australia is free to do whatever it wants, send planes or a ship," said Ryotaro Suzuki, director of the fisheries division at Japan's Foreign Ministry. "We have no immediate plans to lodge a protest against the Australian action, as long as they don't use force to stop the Japanese whaling .

Me too. I admire you guys for taking this stand. If it takes force to stop what you (and most of us in the US) believe is wrong, then so be it.

Crypto6

Thankyou crypto.......I think its time to stop all the talk about the Japanese and the slaughtering and actually do something...they are hunting and killing in an Australian whale santuary and they couldnt care less....unfortunalty the ship our goverment has sent to keep an eye on them is unarmed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back