Pierce Brosnan's wife

I have no idea if Keely is risking her health. I am not her doctor nor do I think we have heard from her doctor.

She is the usual bikini wearer!!

I live on a beach and let me tell...... I mean like... Every day I see people wearing bikinis who maybe should NOT.
But ON the otherhand.... If you feel comfy then go!!
I am happier that people do not worry about what others think.
this is so what I think-
when I moved to Florida 10 years ago- I bought a 1 piece- then after spending the first 2 weekends at the beach- that suit hit the trash, and have worn 2 pieces ever since- and I am now 47--I always figure there will be alot that look better than me and alot that dont, so I am happy ! besides, not out to impress anyone but dh, and he says it is good ! :)

ANY doctor would tell you that Keely is NOT doing her health any favors by being that size.

And yes, I'm overweight. Not as much as Keely, but I am probably 25 lbs heavier than I should be and I'm working to change that.

Saying Keely doesn't look healthy isn't being prejudiced, it's being realistic. She is still beautiful, but she IS risking her health.

Actually I am a physician and I would not even begin to venture a guess as to whether or not Keely is doing herself any disfavour by being her size. It would be based on many things about her lifestyle, medical workups etc not one of which is how she looks in a bikini. As a general statement I would say yes being overweight leads to eventual health problems, however, there is a good size of the population who suffer from no ill effects of being overweight and are in fact healthier than their thin counterparts. Lumping all overweight people into an unhealthy category is not only a generalisation it is misinformed.

I'm not fat by any means, but I could lose a few pounds for my height. Still, now that I'm about to turn 40, I am becoming more aware of my health and trying to eat better...I get plenty of exercise at work b/c all I do is run all day long pulling charts for doctors....but it pains me to see someone that heavy, it really does. That's why I mentioned it. I would hate to see something happen to Keely.
I also think she is hippy and WAY too heavy. I am betting that she is at least 75-80 lbs overweight.
:eek:

i see her as having quite an hourglass figure but just bigger than normal. she looks muscular too. i think it's apple shaped people who are alot more at risk for health problems than her shape (pear).

i wonder if she is on medication? like antidepressants. alot of people gain big pounds on those babies.

Actually I am a physician and I would not even begin to venture a guess as to whether or not Keely is doing herself any disfavour by being her size. It would be based on many things about her lifestyle, medical workups etc not one of which is how she looks in a bikini. As a general statement I would say yes being overweight leads to eventual health problems, however, there is a good size of the population who suffer from no ill effects of being overweight and are in fact healthier than their thin counterparts. Lumping all overweight people into an unhealthy category is not only a generalisation it is misinformed.

I want to add to this that my hubby is a skinny dude, but he by no means is healthy. For example his cholesterol is through the roof (yes I cook healthy but unfortunately cannot force feed him), I'd really hate to see the inside of his veins. On the other hand you have my grandma. She has been heavy, probably obese all her life and now at 82 years old still is healthy as a fish, never saw a hospital from the inside (as a patient ;)) and cholesterol, blood pressure etc. are great.

Chloekins nailed my mother's situation; :blowkiss:

on the rare occasions she changes Dr's they will council her to do something regarding her weight, but with knowlege of her they let it go because she just seems meant to be this weight. She walks at least 2 miles a day and does yoga 2-3 times per week at 68. I take after my Dad in that I am tall but small boned, but received my Mom's metabolism....slow, slow. Not a problem until I had my last child after 40 and just can't seem to shake that baby weight, now that he is 3 lol. Funny, traditional BMI charts indicate I am normal, but with bones as small as mine, I really need to lose about 20 pounds so for the first time have signed up for a traditional diet-Nutri-system, btw. Slowly but steadily we will see how it goes-i don't have the capacity to be a gym rat any more, but I can still do cartwheels even above my ideal weight, so there!!! Tmi, i know, but that is why I think Keely is lovely with no reservations.

i see her as having quite an hourglass figure but just bigger than normal. she looks muscular too. i think it's apple shaped people who are alot more at risk for health problems than her shape (pear).

i wonder if she is on medication? like antidepressants. alot of people gain big pounds on those babies.

A lot more risks for health problems would be something she and her doc would need to review. Is she on meds? This question confuses me. I don't assume someone who is not the weight I think they should be is on antidepressnats. I also know that people who are very small suffer depression. Depression effects those of all sizes and races.

Well I am not advocating for obesity (and not saying keely is obese) but skinny-so-called-healthy people keel over from heart attacks every day...they can have high b.p and clogged arteries just like a heavy person.
I have read SO many articles/stories where people had heart attacks and such and they were shocked because they were thin and assumed they were healthy.
Still, I know the risks overweight folks suffer as well.
I just wanted to say, just b/c someone is skinny doesn't mean they're healthy.

I think it's very difficult for a middle aged woman to look great in a bikini - more power to her to be unselfconscious. (I, myself, am thinner but I'd have to wear one of those OPTICAL ILLUSION type suits over the "tummy" area)

To be fair, as a rule; we have a doc here so I won't argue with he/she, but I know that I read that it's "best" not to be more than 20% over your "ideal" weight, which is usually in those charts.

Ideal weight can vary according to your bone size, etc. Sometimes photos can be deceiving and make you look larger than you actually are.

I have several friends that are just built large, and so far I think I've had more health problems than they have, even though I exercise every day.

I think she looks overweight, and maybe even obese, but I think alot of the stars look SCARILY TOO THIN.

I most definitely see someone her size as obese (or at least borderline), and the lady on the thread-- she's what you call morbidly obese.

One thing I find alarming in the U.S. is this whole 'it's OK to be obese.. perfectly normal, sexy, wonderful....etc....' I think there's a lot of people trying to justify it to themselves. And many of these same people will look in disgust, or criticize someone for being very thin,, go on & on about how they are anorexic, and how unhealthy they must be!! Even if being bony/skinny just their normal body shape/size! The pendulum has definitely swung the other way! It seems very hypocritical to me and smacks of jealousy than anything else. (not saying anyone here's doing this... it's just a trend i've noticed!) I think we all know obesity is (in most cases) a health risk. And morbid obesity,, unless there was a previous medical condition that caused it (and no, I don't mean a condition caused by the obesity itself!).. there's just no excuse for that. But many morbidly obese people want to fight for their rights to be treated like everyone else, not be stared at, they want everyone to think it's normal and OK to be 5-600 lbs. As in, demanding 2 seats on a plane and so on.
Sorry,, but it's never going to be accepted as normal and healthy!!! Not that you shouldn't treat the person like a human being with compassion.. but I don't think this should ever be considered OK! The human body is NOT made to carry around all that weight. and, at some point it becomes a public health issue and your condition becomes EVERYONE'S problem. There's something seriously wrong with that....

If I woke up one day and found myself morbidly obese, I would not be trying to convince everyone to accept me as I am.. I would be desperately trying to change with every cell of my being, and hoping everyone would support me every step of the way. I don't know if I buy the excuse of 'my genetics won't tell me that I'm full'. Is there really proof of this as an actual condition?
The thing is.... the fact that America grew up with the automobile- and most living areas are positioned so that we have to drive everywhere... is the single #1 cause of our weight gain. Take most of these folks who think they have a so-called 'glandular problem', put them in a small village in Italy where they have to walk everywhere, where there's no drive-through fast food, and take away their TV... and I guarantee you they will shed those pounds in no time. This is why you hardly ever see obese people in places like that. (different diet too.)

All this being said, for all those of you struggling with weight.... more power to you and I hope you are able to be healthy, or get to a healthy size! Everyone deserves to feel OK!

And good point, whiterain, about how those who are at a 'perfect' weight and healthy can drop dead too... (however .. I don't see this as justifying being grossly overweight... in general, it's still bad for your health.)

I put on extra weigh when I gave up the smokes...I was stick thin while I was smoking but I feel alot healthier now then I did while I was still choofing smokes.....fat butt and all:)

I most definitely see someone her size as obese (or at least borderline), and the lady on the thread-- she's what you call morbidly obese.

One thing I find alarming in the U.S. is this whole 'it's OK to be obese.. perfectly normal, sexy, wonderful....etc....' I think there's a lot of people trying to justify it to themselves. And many of these same people will look in disgust, or criticize someone for being very thin,, go on & on about how they are anorexic, and how unhealthy they must be!! Even if being bony/skinny just their normal body shape/size! The pendulum has definitely swung the other way! It seems very hypocritical to me and smacks of jealousy than anything else. (not saying anyone here's doing this... it's just a trend i've noticed!) I think we all know obesity is (in most cases) a health risk. And morbid obesity,, unless there was a previous medical condition that caused it (and no, I don't mean a condition caused by the obesity itself!).. there's just no excuse for that. But many morbidly obese people want to fight for their rights to be treated like everyone else, not be stared at, they want everyone to think it's normal and OK to be 5-600 lbs. As in, demanding 2 seats on a plane and so on.
Sorry,, but it's never going to be accepted as normal and healthy!!! Not that you shouldn't treat the person like a human being with compassion.. but I don't think this should ever be considered OK! The human body is NOT made to carry around all that weight. and, at some point it become a public health issue and your condition becomes EVERYONE'S problem. There's something seriously wrong with that....

If I woke up one day and found myself morbidly obese, I would not be trying to convince everyone to accept me as I am.. I would be desperately trying to change with every cell of my being, and hoping everyone would support me every step of the way. I don't know if I buy the excuse of 'my genetics won't tell me that I'm full'. Is there really proof of this as an actual condition?
The things is.... the fact that America grew up with the automobile- and most living areas are positioned so that we have to drive everywhere... is the single #1 cause of our weight gain. Take most of these folks who think they have a so-called 'glandular problem', put them in a small village in Italy where they have to walk everywhere, where there's no drive-through fast food, and take away their TV... and I guarantee you they will shed those pounds in no time. This is why you hardly ever see obese people in places like that. (different diet too.)

All this being said, for all those of you struggling with weight.... more power to you and I hope you are able to be healthy, or get to a healthy size! Everyone deserves to feel OK!

And good point, whiterain, about how those who are at a 'perfect' weight and healthy can drop dead too... (however .. I don't see this as justifying being grossly overweight... in general, it's still bad for your health.)

I don't think most of us think it's OK to obese....but rather that we feel glad that someone can be over-weight and still have self confidence in themselves, and still find a loving partner who will stand beside them...
like me for instance, I'm not obese but I weigh more than I would like too...and I HATE meeting new people, even members of hubby's family that I have never met. I have convinced myself people are not looking at me, but my weight...and like I said, I'm not even obese.
And I'm not trying (not being rude Reb, just saying) to justify ANYONE being over-weight...just wanted to get out there that just b/c someone is slim and/or a healthy weight doesn't mean they ARE healthy.
Like I said, I am over-weight, though not obese, and I hate myself, my body, etc....I just wish I had keely's confidence and could shop at a store w/o feeling like I am the fattest person in the world, and hit the beach w/o a t-shirt cover-up, and all eyes are on me.

Sorry,, but it's never going to be accepted as normal and healthy!!! Not that you shouldn't treat the person like a human being with compassion.. but I don't think this should ever be considered OK! The human body is NOT made to carry around all that weight. and, at some point it become a public health issue and your condition becomes EVERYONE'S problem. There's something seriously wrong with that....

The things is.... the fact that America grew up with the automobile- and most living areas are positioned so that we have to drive everywhere... is the single #1 cause of our weight gain. Take most of these folks who think they have a so-called 'glandular problem', put them in a small village in Italy where they have to walk everywhere, where there's no drive-through fast food, and take away their TV... and I guarantee you they will shed those pounds in no time. This is why you hardly ever see obese people in places like that. (different diet too.)

What a great post!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

With self-awareness and self-esteem comes the desire to be healthy, including being a healthy weight. KKS is 5' 8'' tall. She is obese by ANY standard of measurement.
At her height, and looking at her from her face, her arms ( which are almost as large as one of my legs), and the rest of her body, I would estimate her weight to be at least 250 pounds.

As far as this " some people are supposed to weigh more than others" that I have read here, no way in her case. There are many photos of her before she gained and gained and gained, and she was a normal sized adult woman until she had children.

What a great post!!:clap: :clap:
Anyone who says KKS is not obese is in a state of denial themselves or doesn't know the definition of obesity.
With self- awareness and self- discipline comes self- esteem. Something is lacking in her life, IMO.

At 5' 8'' and judging by the size of her face, arms, and rest of her body ( there are more shots at the beach which weren't posted here), I'd say she weighs at least 250 pounds.
A healthy weight would be 150 and even then, she would not be thin, just normal and average sized.

I find it sad that fat is the new scandal- it used to be that movie stars and public figures were deemed wicked when they drank, drugged, or fornicated. Now everytime someone gets chubby, it is presented as some awful offense against the public. Get real, Daily Mail, People, National Enquirer- not everyone is going to stay stick thin, nor is it anyone's business if they don't!

An acquaintance of mine was making catty fat lady remarks the other day- I asked her if she approved of the portly figures of the women who were taking care of her mother in a nursing home.

My own dear (southern lady) mother told me it was not genteel to make remarks about other people's physical characteristics.

I hate it too, Morag - more than I can say. Fat is the new smoking - all done under the cover of "concern" for people's health. I'm not buying it.

I don't have much invested in the issue personally - I'm average weight - up some here, down some there - and my body and weight have been relatively the same since I went through puberty.

But this woman - Keely - looks beautiful. Is she on the bigger side of beautiful for the "medical" community's comfort? Yeah, probably, but who cares. People come in different shapes and sizes. People are beautiful in different shapes and sizes. There was a time in our past where Keely's rubenesque figure was the coveted look.

Obese - I don't know - maybe, by some chart in a sterile office...but wow - she looks full of life and smiles to me. If I were a heterosexual male, I'd take Keely over these other grown women with early adolescent boy bodies that are forced into our every waking moment any day of the week.

Oh, for God's sake, ANY doctor would tell you that Keely is NOT doing her health any favors by being that size.

And yes, I'm overweight. Not as much as Keely, but I am probably 25 lbs heavier than I should be and I'm working to change that.

Saying Keely doesn't look healthy isn't being prejudiced, it's being realistic. She is still beautiful, but she IS risking her health.

Every single person in America takes calculated risks with their health.

<just wanted to get out there that just b/c someone is slim and/or a healthy weight doesn't mean they ARE healthy.>

I totally agree!! You certainly can be 'too' thin/skinny for many unhealthy reasons as we all know.. not just anorexia/bulemia but drug addiction, eating the wrong foods, stress, parasites, or it could be a medical disorder that is very painful for them... you name it! And of course you can be 100&#37; 'normal' weight and shape and still be unhealthy.. whether you work out diligently or not.
But then again, let's not forget-- just because someone IS unusually bony/skinny does NOT mean they are necessarily anorexic or they have anything wrong with them- they could be perfectly healthy and it could just be genetic. Many skinny people also have to endure a lifetime of taunts and criticism... or endless jealous comments of "ohmigod, I *HATE* you!! You are soooooooooooo skinny!"

awwww... WR, don't say you hate yourself and your body. <:( we love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ((kisses!!!!*advertiser censored*) I know it's difficult and it screws with your self-esteem..... and if seeing the confidence of women like keely makes you feel better than that is fantastic. I do admire her confidence and courage too. Remember you gotta love yourself no matter what. And if you feel you'd be happier and healthier with some self-improvement (and I'm sure all of us would!) then that's what I wish for you. You can do it, and in the meantime, just love yourself and always keep a vision for what you want to be.. and in the meantime, make the most of yourself! All women are taught to be so critical of themselves... whether too thin, too fat, too this, too that & the other.... it's up to us to be healthy and happy and play up our unique features and break out of that 'barbie doll' mold that most people can't live up to (and most people who do, are overrated anyway..... LOL!!!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back