Ringo Starr walks off 'Regis and Kelly'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Ringo Starr is known for being the amiable Beatle, but the rock star showed his tough side Tuesday when he walked off the set of "Live With Regis and Kelly" rather than cut short one of his songs.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/22/people.ringo.regisflap.ap/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

I heard about this today on my local news. Our commentator was discussing it with the Sports Guy about to do his piece. Anyways, the sports guy asked the newsreader if he'd heard the song. Apparently Ringo was on Letterman or Leno last nite. He said the song was absolutely HORRIBLE. So maybe we didn't miss much.

That's happened before with artists. I think James Brown walked off rather than editing the song. Limiting a song to 2:30 is silly. This isn't 1960's radio, it's a TV show! Take a minute or two off the opening chatter if you have to. Rachel Ray let him perform the entire song, BTW.

He's a Beatle, a living legend - he should get to perform his entire song, no matter how bad :)

IMO, it was Ringo that tried to compromise and the show would not. I really hate the "my way or the highway" mentality and am glad that Ringo chose "the highway".

I really liked her when she first came to the show. I haven't been able to watch in a couple of years...she drives me nuts. :crazy:

Me too. But, I really like when her and Mark (her hubby) are on together.

I really liked her when she first came to the show. I haven't been able to watch in a couple of years...she drives me nuts. :crazy:

I know what you mean browneyes.The same happened with Kathy Lee when she was on the show.Kathy Lee from he beginning was funny,and the banter between her and Regis was entertaining,with time she became arrogant,not funny,and the show was all about her and her family,even the banter between her and Regis became more tense than amusing.Seems the same is slowly happening with Kelly.

Ringo is great--He made a funny movie called Caveman back in 1980--check it out if you get the chance

I didn't quit watching because of Regis, Kathie Lee or Kelly. I quit because Gellman is an irritant. It was his rule of time constraints as producer that caused the whole fiasco. He just comes off as so smarmy to me. I'd equate him with used car salesmen, but I wouldn't want to insult used car salesmen. What a goober to do that to ANY legend that comes onto his show.

ETA: Reminds of the Frank Sinatra thing years ago. Someone needs to pull a Billy Joel. . . tick tock. . .advertising dollars. . . tick tock.

I didn't quit watching because of Regis, Kathie Lee or Kelly. I quit because Gellman is an irritant. It was his rule of time constraints as producer that caused the whole fiasco. He just comes off as so smarmy to me. I'd equate him with used car salesmen, but I wouldn't want to insult used car salesmen. What a goober to do that to ANY legend that comes onto his show.

ETA: Reminds of the Frank Sinatra thing years ago. Someone needs to pull a Billy Joel. . . tick tock. . .advertising dollars. . . tick tock.

I agree with you about Gelman. I can't take that arrogant, scrawny p****.
Every show, just about, he has to make it known somehow that he's in charge.
FlMom, did you happen to see him demonstrate his fitness regime of running, yoga and pilates?lol He has no personaility.

I don't blame Ringo.

I can't stand Kelly just like I couldn't stand Kathie Lee. I wish Regis could get a non-irritating co-host.

I don't blame Ringo.

I can't stand Kelly just like I couldn't stand Kathie Lee. I wish Regis could get a non-irritating co-host.

I totally agree with you. Maybe he should just have a guest host, a different one each week.

He's a Beatle, a living legend - he should get to perform his entire song, no matter how bad :)

Exactly. Gellman was given a little power and through it revealed an unfortunate lack of substance.

Crypto6

I was a big fan of Regis and Kathie Lee way back when. I know Kathie irritated alot of people but I liked her. It was Gellman who I never liked. If you watched the show then, you would often see Gellman and Kathie arguing on air.
I thought it was disrespectful of Gellman not to have Kathie back on the show from time to time after she left and when she had something to promote. It was clear from things she said that she blamed Gellman for those decisions.
I would watch the show from time to time after Kelly joined but it was never the same IMO. Kelly just doesnt "get" Regis. They are from two different time periods. Nothing in common. I always thought Joy would have been the perfect host after Kathie left. I love Joy. She's classy and entertaining.

When I read about what happened to Ringo, I immediately thought, "Gellman again".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back