GUILTY UK - Eunice Spry for abusing foster children, Gloucestershire, 2007

Jessiebell

Lizard Catcher
Reaction score
(Warning! Graphic images of child abuse injuries on news site.)

From The Evening Standard, London.

A foster mother was found guilty today of subjecting three young children to a "horrifying catalogue of cruel and sadistic treatment".
Eunice Spry, 62, routinely beat, abused and starved the youngsters in her care over a 19 year period. The devout Jehovah's Witness forced sticks down their throats and made them eat their own vomit and rat excrement...

:furious:

What a horrible woman......why would she take in foster children just to treat them that way......seems to me she enjoyed torturing those poor children:(

OMG, This made me cry. I cannot get over how horribly those kids were treated and made to suffer. Surely someone had to have suspected something!! I wish I could watch the witch burn at the stake.

I can't even get through this. What an evil woman! Why?? Why in the world are there people like this? I know it's such a juvenile question, but how in the world can this lay their head down at night??

I agree with you GlitchWizard. The homes that these children came from must have been better.

I can't even get through this. What an evil woman! Why?? Why in the world are there people like this? I know it's such a juvenile question, but how in the world can this lay their head down at night??

I agree with you GlitchWizard. The homes that these children came from must have been better.

I don't think it's a juvenile question, Kris. I think we all wonder that and probably always will. Why, indeed?!

What a horrible woman......why would she take in foster children just to treat them that way......seems to me she enjoyed torturing those poor children:(
Its sad to know that there a people out there just like her, probably even in your neighbourhood, its sickens me. Sounds like she was doing it for the money.

I don't think it's juvenile either - I can't help but ask myself HOW WHY why do they do these things.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=510457&in_page_id=1879
How I survived being starved, beaten and tortured by my Jehovah's Witness foster mother
By ALLOMA GILBERT Last updated at 19:01pm on 25th January 2008

"You look nice, Alloma. Very smart." DC Martell is smiling encouragingly, as the car nudges through the heavy morning traffic towards Bristol Crown Court, where I will shortly be giving evidence in a child abuse case against my foster mother of ten years, Eunice Spry.
The detective is a reassuring presence. But in my mind I am still remembering Eunice's scrawny hands around my throat, trying to stop me from speaking out, squeezing the very breath from my body.
Then I remember that the owner of those terrifying hands is now safely in police custody, and I finally find my voice. "Thanks," I say to the detective. "But are you really sure there'll be a screen?"
DC Martell's face softens. "I'm sure, Alloma. She'll be brought into court after you've arrived, so you really won't see her face. I promise." I nod slowly, trying to take this in. God I hope you're right, I think, because if she can see me, she can get me. The minute I'm skewered by her gaze, by those hard, grey eyes that bore into my very soul, then I'll be lost.

(sooo much more plus pics at link) :(

I don't understand all of the energy that goes into torturing children when it is far easier to love them.

This woman sounds like Sybill's mother...a real sicko. I don't understand why she wasn't given life in prison.

If they were foster children where was the social workers making home inspections? Those poor kids.

If they were foster children where was the social workers making home inspections? Those poor kids.

These two, Alloma and her brother, were a private arrangement made after Social Services had removed her from the foster list because she had reached the limit of children.

Plus Alloma said that when social workers came to visit, everything looked perfect while they were there and then went back to the horrifying truth after they left. :( :(

It's all in the article if you want more details.

believe09, I never thought of it that way. I think it would be so much harder to treat children (anyone!) this way. I think you just have to be an evil person in the first place. I'd love it if someone, like Anne Rule, would write a book about her so we could see what her life was like when she was a child. Did she have it good or was she in the system as well?

What bothers me most is that you know these abusers KNOW they are in the wrong because they make sure the children don't tell others about it, and they hide it from social workers when they visit. Sick, sick, sick.

It's going on right now somewhere too. I pray a lot for these unknown victims.

In article when a social worker (inspector) came out the one time, foster mother (Eunice) had scrubbed the kids, cleaned house & purchased new books for the children. To quote Alloma "She made herself seem like Mary Poppins". This beast of a woman knew exactly how to fool everyone! I feel so sorry for these poor children and what they endured. Hope the beast rots in h*ll.

These two, Alloma and her brother, were a private arrangement made after Social Services had removed her from the foster list because she had reached the limit of children.

Plus Alloma said that when social workers came to visit, everything looked perfect while they were there and then went back to the horrifying truth after they left. :( :(

It's all in the article if you want more details.

believe09, I never thought of it that way. I think it would be so much harder to treat children (anyone!) this way. I think you just have to be an evil person in the first place. I'd love it if someone, like Anne Rule, would write a book about her so we could see what her life was like when she was a child. Did she have it good or was she in the system as well?

What bothers me most is that you know these abusers KNOW they are in the wrong because they make sure the children don't tell others about it, and they hide it from social workers when they visit. Sick, sick, sick.

It's going on right now somewhere too. I pray a lot for these unknown victims.

IMO, TM, this is a lot like battering a spouse/partner-there is a slippery slope involved..first there is a moderately evil punishment that the child tolerates to a certain extent...then it becomes more regular, then when the child clearly is adapting at this level of abuse, a new method is created. In this case the children were beaten on their feet with sticks. It became standard punishment, so then sticks were forced down their throats at the same time. Note that the consequences of this wasn't easily viewed by the outside world, or by the foster monster either. So she moved onto to sandpapering etc once it was clear the children would not be viewed by the outside world, and they were completely in her power. She could see her marks on them...but her mistake obviously was not taking into consideration the human spirit and the will these children had to live and withstand this. And to tell. God Bless them...my heart is heavy and sad. Foster Monster is a sadist-i think her punishment should be daily exposure to stronger, more powerful adults who have a clear idea of her crimes. But that is not very forgiving of me :mad:

This is a horrific crime. The judge said this was the worst case he'd ever seen. He said if it was up to him, she'd NEVER be free. Although she was only sentenced to 14 years, she will be forced to sell at least one of her properties and pay some restitution. This woman is evil.

One good thing is they've re-evaluated their child services review system. They missed many an opportunity to rescue these children. So sad.

FWIW, she got 14 years,..................but...............will she ever see the light of day beyond those prison walls? :behindbar

I know, I'm not very nice. But I can't help myself.:mad:

IMO
fran

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2007/apr/20/adoptionandfostering.childrensservices

Sadistic foster mother sentenced to 14 years in jail
· Three children suffered physical and mental abuse
· Judge criticises inaction by welfare professionals
Steven Morris The Guardian, Friday April 20 2007

.....................snip..........................
Bristol crown court heard that Spry beat the children, two girls and a boy, with sticks and metal bars, scrubbed their skin with sandpaper, and forced them to eat lard, bleach, vomit and even their own faeces.

She treated the children as if they were her slaves, ordering one of them to stay in a wheelchair for four years even though she could walk, so Spry could claim benefits for her.
..........................snip...................................

Nigel Mitchell, for Spry, said that despite the brutality and pain she had inflicted on the children, there had been genuine moments of happiness and love shown towards them. He also said Spry had needed protection in prison following her convictions.

Fran, I truly wish nobody had protection in prison, except for young children charged as adults. This evil woman is mean enough to protect herself, IMO. I don't care how old she is.

Fran, I truly wish nobody had protection in prison, except for young children charged as adults. This evil woman is mean enough to protect herself, IMO. I don't care how old she is.

I agree with you Taximom. I wish they wouldn't protect her. :behindbar Or..........protect her like the social service agency protected those poor children!:bang:

Sorry, IF something happens to her in prison, I wouldn't shed a tear. BUT, what she did to those kids, is................UNFORGIVEABLE! :(

JMHO
fran

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And I liked Fran's response too - protect her like the social workers protected the children -

I can't even read the news articles. And just for the record, I really, really appreciate it when everyone gives a warning about the "graphic" news articles. I find many very difficult to read and so I don't :rolleyes: instead, I read everyone's comments to get a feel for the story.

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back