Horrible Accident by John Travolta's Home

I did not know that Travolta had a place in Ocala..
I use to live near there...

My question would be WHY?????
I hated Ocala.

OMGosh, they were airborne in their car for 200 ft. That's so sad. There had to be drugs or alcohol involved...or maybe just the testosterone of 5 boys. :(

I can't help but think of Tom Cruise talking about how Scientologists are the only ones that can help with accidents.

I did not know that Travolta had a place in Ocala..
I use to live near there...

My question would be WHY?????
I hated Ocala.

I believe he keeps more than one plane there and likes to be near them, that's why.

Yes, here you go: the reason why John Travolta lives where he lives: http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_nov2004/Travolta_House.htm

Following a lifelong love of aviation, 70's TV phenom actor John Travolta now lives in Jumbolair, just north of Ocala, Florida. Shown are two of Travolta's jets - a Gulfstream and a Boeing 707B - there aren't very many non-commercial airstrips where planes of that size can take off and land. About a decade ago, Travolta had a home in a fly-in community near Daytona, but was sued by neighbours who claimed his jet airplanes were too big and noisy for their facility.

I feel so bad for these young men and their families, such a terrible accident.

I feel sorry for them too, but it sounds to me like the driver knew what he was doing. Do you call that an accident?

(That's not directed at you, paddy.) :blowkiss:

What if they had some type of suicide pact? Or is it just boys being boys? Although at their ages I should probably call them men.

I briefly saw part of this news article earlier, but didn't read it all until now.

My heart is just breaking thinking of those 5 precious young men and their families.

I yelled for my hubby so I could read to him what the article said, and then we both looked at the mirror that is attached to our son's dresser in his room (the computer is located there now since he left home for college) and we both thought, but there for the Grace of God it could have been any of them.

My PRAYERS are with the families.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20080127/NEWS/801270355/1025/NEWS
Fiery crash kills 5 young men
Troopers suspect alcohol played a role in tragedy

All five were pronounced dead at the scene after an apparent high-speed crash that investigators say likely involved alcohol.

Ammirato was driving his father's gray 2008 BMW M5 sedan. The $80,000 car, registered to Santo Ammirato, was traveling north on the 1.5-mile-long airstrip that actor John Travolta and others regularly use to fly in and out of Ocala.

Florida Highway Patrol Capt. Jeff Succi said there were yaw, or sideways, skid marks at the end of the runway, indicating the car turned sideways before launching over an embankment. It then sailed through the air about 200 feet before slamming into a large tree and bursting into flames.
(more plus pic at link)

This is very sad. Kids just do not know the dangers in life, do they? I can remember the stupid things that we did as teens. I was involved in three car accidents where the cars were totaled. I was very fortunate that I was not hurt or killed. Several of my friends and acquaitenances were not so lucky. :(

Such a loss & tragedy......totally heartbreaking for the entire communinty.

Yes, here you go: the reason why John Travolta lives where he lives: http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_nov2004/Travolta_House.htm

Following a lifelong love of aviation, 70's TV phenom actor John Travolta now lives in Jumbolair, just north of Ocala, Florida. Shown are two of Travolta's jets - a Gulfstream and a Boeing 707B - there aren't very many non-commercial airstrips where planes of that size can take off and land. About a decade ago, Travolta had a home in a fly-in community near Daytona, but was sued by neighbours who claimed his jet airplanes were too big and noisy for their facility.

Thanks!! I just think there are so many nicer places in Florida with airstrips!!

http://www.ocala.com/article/20080127/BREAKING_NEWS/274162577
Ammirato (driver) sought web advice about how to make car go faster
A member from Australia again cautioned Ammirato to be careful.
"My only bit of advice matey -- If you crash in a big way expect to be on the news," he wrote. "Enjoy and resist the temptation to drag others at the lights."
Ammirato responded, in his last post, at 9:02 p.m. Friday.
"Thanks guys, don't get me wrong I never said I didn't respect your wisdom," he wrote. "[T]hanks for the welcome and I am looking forward to getting to know you guys better ... Josh."

Bios of victims:
http://www.ocala.com/article/20080126/BREAKING_NEWS/647303050/1053/BREAKING_NEWS

I just shared their pics and the pic of the car with my middle children. I hope they learn something about conformity and peer pressure from these lost lives....

:(

They must have been so scared while the car was flying through the air. Those poor boys.

I was in one airborne car accident though it was not 200 feet, I remember the fear taking over me to the point that I blacked out just before impact. (I crashed into an electrical pole)
I can only hope the same happened to them and that their fear did not last too long.

What a tragic accident. I just viewed their pics and all the comments from friends and family. I'm so sad for them. To think of these boys being airborne for 200 ft must have been terrifying. Years ago, I was in a motorcycle wreck and was airborne for 35 ft. All I can say is that it seemed like a long time to be flying and then rolling. I remember thinking, "this is it, I'm going to die". Fortunately I didn't, but I can't imagine what these guys were thinking.

My thoughts and prayers to the family.

But why was their car airborne for 200 ft? not that i don't sympathise with the families. i do. i ask, though, how people could be so careless of those families to take such risks. yes. call me a cold hearted b*tch. i'm angry they threw their lives away. pathetic.

if it turns out the car was at fault, i take it back.

What a terrible tragedy. May their families and friends find some comfort at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back