2.7 Million Gallons Of Sewage Spilled In SF Bay

~snip~

It's estimated 2.7 million gallons entered the Bay, Pittman said, but how it spilled is still being determined.

Sanitation officials said none of the spill contained chlorine used to treat sewage and the communities of Mill Valley, Sausalito, Tiburon and Belvedere were notified of the spill.

http://www.kcra.com/news/15198642/detail.html

~snip~

It's estimated 2.7 million gallons entered the Bay, Pittman said, but how it spilled is still being determined.

Sanitation officials said none of the spill contained chlorine used to treat sewage and the communities of Mill Valley, Sausalito, Tiburon and Belvedere were notified of the spill.

http://www.kcra.com/news/15198642/detail.html

I wonder why chlorine was not part of the spill. Were they not treating the sewage? It sounds like a break in the pipeline but it also sounds like some negligence.

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

I think I can smell it from here, somebody spray some lysol!

Oh dear... :( SFB just got turned into one huge toilet.

That's awful; will it affect the sea life?

I guess maybe the oysters will go crazy.

That's awful; will it affect the sea life?

I guess maybe the oysters will go crazy.

That's what I was thinking too Martha. How many creatures is this going to kill and how many people's livelihoods will it affect? What a damn shame.

That's what I was thinking too Martha. How many creatures is this going to kill and how many people's livelihoods will it affect? What a damn shame.

Sounds like some kind of terrible malfunction at that plant.

I guess there's going to be a good crop of flowers and sea cucumbers on the ocean floor this year!!

I can't imagine that the cute little sea lions wouldn't be affected by eating bad fish or water from this contamination. And I wouldn't go fishing for awhile.

cute little sea lions

Have you seen how big and ugly they are at pier 39? lol

ORF ORF ORF

Sounds like some kind of terrible malfunction at that plant.

I guess there's going to be a good crop of flowers and sea cucumbers on the ocean floor this year!!

I can't imagine that the cute little sea lions wouldn't be affected by eating bad fish or water from this contamination. And I wouldn't go fishing for awhile.
I live about two blocks from richarson bay in mill valley and the plant is by the dog run where we walk our pooch. My husband couldn't figure out why all the helicopters were flying around today. I guess they were checking all of SF Bay. From what I understand the sewage was partially treated (all liquid not be gross) but not treated with chlorine. We've had a lot of rain and more predicted so it caused an overflow. They had only two pumps open instead of four. Someone is in deep you know what. If you read the link it was a series of errors.
http://www.marinij.com/ci_8142620?source=most_viewed

I was thinking of the cute little baby ones floating on their backs.

I haven't been to SF ina LONG TIME.

The baby ones are cute but those big ones could eat almost a tire iron and keep going. It isn't good though. There are signs all over the path NO FISHING, NO SWIMMING, NO HARVESTING SHELL. Too much bacteria floating around. I hope the next big rain starts and washes /dilutes them away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back