"General Hospital" Star Dead at 49

kato

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone else watch this show? I'm watching NG and they scrolled on the bottom about the death of a 49 yr. old star on this soap. I didn't see the beginning and missed the name. TIA

wow, it was Amy!.....she was on there forEVER it seems...i haven't watched GH in gosh, 20 years or so?

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Actress Shell Kepler, who for years played the gossipy nurse Amy Vining on the TV soap opera "General Hospital," has died. She was 49.

Kepler died Friday at Oregon Health & Science University hospital, which did not give the cause of death.

http://www.miamiherald.com/776/story/406217.html

I'm a guy. I used to watch the show after school with my mom. I remember her.

I remember coming home one day, ran to the TV like I always used to to turn on my cartoon shows like Ducktails and Rescue Rangers, and my mom goes "nuh uh, not anymore, we're watching General Hospital".

Much to my surprise, I liked it, and watched for about 10 years religiously.

True story.

I'm a guy. I used to watch the show after school with my mom. I remember her.

I remember coming home one day, ran to the TV like I always used to to turn on my cartoon shows like Ducktails and Rescue Rangers, and my mom goes "nuh uh, not anymore, we're watching General Hospital".

Much to my surprise, I liked it, and watched for about 10 years religiously.

True story.

You, as a guy, had a lot of company!

So I'm dating myself here, but I was in college in the early 80's - many college guys would schedule their classes around the 2pm GH. Especially in the days of Luke and Laura, remember? :crazy:

As others said, rest in peace, Shell.

49 is too young. Shelly didn't have main story lines, but she was always there, sweet and observant at her post, unable to keep secrets.
I watched GH for years until the OJ trial interrupted all TV programming and after the trial we had a new phenomenon-weather advisory interruptions. Constantly for thunderstorms, possible thunderstorms, as if we never had one before! Long 10 minute advisories with maps and sometimes 3-4 during an hour! I left phone messages with our local affiliate, to no avail. I quit watching GH. I then would read the synopsis in the Sunday paper until that tapered and/or I didn't know who the new characters were.

Wasn't she Laura's sister on the show?

RIP Shelly.

You, as a guy, had a lot of company!

So I'm dating myself here, but I was in college in the early 80's - many college guys would schedule their classes around the 2pm GH. Especially in the days of Luke and Laura, remember? :crazy:

As others said, rest in peace, Shell.
Everyone in my HS watched the show...I loved her character (better than Laura), RIP

Oh, how terrible. I haven't seen that soap for years. But, I remember her when she was just a teen on the show.

Wasn't she Laura's sister on the show?

RIP Shelly.
Yes and no- they thought they were sisters until finding out about a baby switching scenerio. Laura is Leslie's daughter and Amy was Barbara Vining's daughter. After learning this they remained sisters at heart. They kind of dropped that history for many years and they acted as sisters. As I recall.

I'm sad to hear this. :( I watched GH many, many years ago and I remember her well. She was always so funny and pretty!

RIP Shell.

Shell also had a clothing line she designed for HSN.
It was called Lacy Afternoons. She had a big following of ladies who loved her clothes. I use to see her once in awhile on Aleene's (anyone remember her) craft show too.

Shell also had a clothing line she designed for HSN.
It was called Lacy Afternoons. She had a big following of ladies who loved her clothes. I use to see her once in awhile on Aleene's (anyone remember her) craft show too.

I adored her on GH..she was such a hoot. Loved her clothing line ..so feminine and graceful. I have a book she published on crafting. It's about how to personalize your clothing with lace, flowers, dying techniques, painting, etc. I just was looking at it the other day. It's titled Make Fashion Make.

Rest in peace Shell

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back