GUILTY WV - Jeffrey Sadler, 25, fatally shot by GF's mom, Huntington, 4 Feb 2008

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
The Dreamin' Demon website is talking about this case. I am curious what you all think.....

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/local/080206-rutherford-localmurdercharge.html

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/homepage/x851842276

Huntington, WV (HNN) – An apparent domestic dispute led to a 51 year-old woman allegedly killing her daughter’s boyfriend at about 9 p.m. at 156 Cedar Street Monday Feb. 4.

Teresa L. Baker has been charged with first degree murder and held without bond at the Western Regional Jail.

With her mom facing murder one, Alison Grieco told investigators that Jeffrey Sadler, 29, had been confronted by her mother who had entered the residence. After hearing Baker say, “what are you doing?” Grieco heard three shots and saw her boyfriend fall to the floor.

<continues>

Wow I dont know what to say except I dont believe that she is completely wrong but she could have handled that differently, now she is gonna spend a long time in jail.

There was a previous domestic disturbance call that went out an hour earlier and the police decided not to respond to it? No wonder Mom shot the guy...at least on the surface. Her daughter and the kids were at her house, right, then the boyfriend walked through the door...what would you do?

believe,

I believe that the Mom went over to the daughter's house with a gun. After waiting an hour for the police to show.

What kills me is this:

"In June, Huntington police charged Sadler with misdemeanor domestic battery. Grieco told police Sadler became irate when she asked him about missing money. He struck her in the face four times and warned "the next time he would rob her blind." Sadler failed to appear in court and a warrant was issued for his arrest in December. The warrant was never executed."

I cannot imagine how I would react if I had seen the result of somebody punching my daughter in the face 4 times. My gut says I would have done the same. Especially if I could hear them fighting.....that would tear me up. I also believe that the LE has alot of explaining to do.

Ok i went back and read it and if I were her I would have done the same thing. Where were the dang cops at???

How do the cops decide not to respond to a call? Didn't know they had choices about these things!

It sounds to me that the cops should have responded to the domestic dispute, instead of whatever else they were doing. Writing a traffic ticket as no comparison to this. They knew there were problems with this couple, there was a history there of problems. I can see why this mom sis what she did. God help her though because it sounds to me like this is another example of the good ole boy town and with this man's grandfather being a magistrate well..it doesn't look favorable. I hope some really good defense attorney takes this case pro bono to get the message out there that domestic violence has to stop..that men can't slap wives around anymore..that woman just are not and their families are not going to take it anymore. JMHO

The department had 10 officers on duty with eight vehicles. The shift included a sergeant and lieutenant. "Holbrook said each officer was involved with arrests or in-progress calls. It forced officers to prioritize calls as they do every day. Such determinations are based upon information the department receives and its available resources."
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/homepage/x851842276

If the police can't find more officers to hire or train, i think this woman had every right to shoot him. She sacrificed herself, rather than her daughter who has to be a mother to the children who are now fatherless. It could have turned out worse if the father eventually killed their mother; then they would be without either parent.

The comments are very interesting is right:
http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/15293546.html

It seems like there is an extreme shortage of police officers there.
Also sounds like half the people are either on one side or the other or sexist. They all seem to be concerned with the lack of officers and lack of response at all when calling 911 or for help.

hummm , maybe this is vigilante justice.
If I knew someone beat my daughter's...I don't know what I'd do.

This all could have been avoided if Allison would have shown some respect for herself and cut ties with him when he abused her the first time. If any man ever hit me - he certainly wouldn't be welcome in my home. And God forbide he was the father of my children - he would never have visitation alone! The only positive about this is that the children will not grow up with an abuser as a role model.

I am confused about Allison and Jeff's relationship - one paper says boyfriend but there is a comment from "Jeff's fiance" posted at the one link?

This all could have been avoided if Allison would have shown some respect for herself and cut ties with him when he abused her the first time. If any man ever hit me - he certainly wouldn't be welcome in my home. And God forbide he was the father of my children - he would never have visitation alone! The only positive about this is that the children will not grow up with an abuser as a role model.

I am confused about Allison and Jeff's relationship - one paper says boyfriend but there is a comment from "Jeff's fiance" posted at the one link?

I appears that they had a relationship at one time, they have 2 children together. I would guess that they have broken up since then and Jeff has another relationship. I read where he would come and go from Alison's house. She may have kicked him to the curb after the June attack and he would come around for visits with his kids (and who knows what else).

More will come out, I am sure.

There was a previous domestic disturbance call that went out an hour earlier and the police decided not to respond to it? No wonder Mom shot the guy...at least on the surface. Her daughter and the kids were at her house, right, then the boyfriend walked through the door...what would you do?

Wouldn't this be considered self defense?

Wouldn't this be considered self defense?

Mom took the gun and went to the daughter's house and confronted the victim there.

No self-defense, but a really good attorney could argue that she was protecting her child and grandchildren.

She desperately needs a GOOD attorney.

I wonder why this cockroach didn't go to jail when he hit the girl in the face?

good for her.... another abusive *advertiser censored*hole wiped off the ace of the earth.... good riddance!!!!! good to see a lionness standing up for her cub. too bad our legal system protects the criminals instead of those defending themselves against them. no one would have done anything, unless the girl died then it would be too late. momma did the right thing.

good for her.... another abusive *advertiser censored*hole wiped off the ace of the earth.... good riddance!!!!! good to see a lionness standing up for her cub. too bad our legal system protects the criminals instead of those defending themselves against them. no one would have done anything, unless the girl died then it would be too late. momma did the right thing.

Now....THAT'S what I am talkin'about!!!

I agree...

He was scheduled to appear to answer to those charges. Failed to appear. A warrant was issued for his arrest. It was never executed.

LE failed. :mad:

From the Herald-Dispatch article linked above:
Sadler's grandfather, Cabell County Magistrate Darrell Black, said the couple had its share of problems, but everything usually worked out. He said the family was at a loss for words Tuesday....
...Black remembered his grandson as "a good young man" who loved spending time with his children. He was the son of Jack Sadler and Black's daughter, Kristie Ward. His grandson's resume included work at the family's refrigeration business and aboard boats that travel the Ohio River.

Maybe he didn't get arrested 'cause Granpa is connected.:furious:

I'd like to add that IMO it is stupid to blame Allison for not kicking him to the curb. Looks like she didn't have any say in the matter...he came and went as he pleased and even an arrest warrant and a call to 911 made no difference.

Susan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back