Agency, birth mother try to take baby back from adoptive parents

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Because the adoptive mom is pregnant! :mad:

Agency, birth mother try to take baby back from adoptive parents

[SIZE=]The 22-year-old biological mother says in court documents that she wanted the parents who adopted her son to not have their own biological children. She wanted them to either raise her son alone or adopt more kids if they wanted to expand their family.

[/SIZE][SIZE=]But Jason and Angela Vesely say they didn't purposely hide Angela's pregnancy when they applied to adopt a child. They say they were never asked if she was pregnant by the private agency and didn't know it had rules against applying mothers being pregnant.[/SIZE]

The bio mother should be thankful that her child was adopted into a loving, caring and financially stable family. On the flip side, the adoptive parents put their own selves into the situation by going with the private adoption agency that had set rules. :(

How many times have we read about couples who adopt a child or two, only to end up pregnant later???

oooooooooooh, just read the article

She was pregnant when they APPLIED.......

Well that's a new one............how many married couples apply to adopt a child when they have one concieved naturally together?

How many times have we read about couples who adopt a child or two, only to end up pregnant later???

Well that's a new one............how many married couples apply to adopt a child when they have one concieved naturally together?

I am puzzled as to what was on their minds...they wanted twins?

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2008/02/10/ap-state-ne/d8unnva80.txt

Angela Vesely, 32, said she planned to tell the biological mother, Megan Lynn Morgan of Sutherland, and a caseworker about her pregnancy but was waiting because she had miscarried three children previously. Jason Vesely said his wife was more than 4 months pregnant when the agency assigned the child to them. They applied to adopt in 2005.
The agency confronted the Veselys after finding out that Angela was pregnant in December. The Veselys were told they had to return the baby two days later, Jason Vesely said.

Instead, the couple turned to the courts, and a Knox County judge granted them emergency guardianship of the baby. The agency has since filed a motion asking the judge to order the Veselys to turn over the baby to the agency.

From the above link, it doesn't appear that the couple broke the agency's rules since they specified children under 18 months and nothing about expecting.

"Couples with children under 18 months cannot apply to adopt children from the agency, according to the private agency's eligibility requirements. And couples must wait until their own children are 2 years old before the agency will place a child with them."

Why does anyone care? If they were good enough to adopt the baby..then they are good enough to keep the kid. End of story in my mind. Why do the agency or the bio woman even care?

Why does anyone care? If they were good enough to adopt the baby..then they are good enough to keep the kid. End of story in my mind. Why do the agency or the bio woman even care?
thank you-----------------:)

Birth mom's make an adoption plan for their child. It was important that her child be placed with a specific family. I not a birth mom but rather and adoptive mom & I can understand what her plan was. Maybe it helped her make her decision for the child, to think that he/she would be an only child or with siblings that were also adopted, to avoid any "possiblity" of favortism. Or she may have wanted to help couples who could not conceive on their own. Lots of birth mom's set guidelines about who will be acceptable for their child. Of course we don't know the whole story, but it looks like the adoptive parents may have skirted the rules. It's sad when these things happen. Most adoptions go very smoothly.

IDK soobs, I kindof understand the adoptive mom's position. They had been waiting since 2005 for a child to adopt when she found out she was pregnant. Since she's already lost three babies, the odds aren't great that she'll be able to keep this one. She's still not out of the woods yet, and quite frankly, the stress of this situation could cause her to miscarry again.

I think the dates are really confusing us here.

From what I've read.......the baby boy is 3 months old.

That is not a positive..only what the 'Daily Sun" said today in the first paragraph.

So, his biological mother gave birth sometime in November, 2007. (unless the article is a late one?)

Now here is where I am totally confused at: (ANTLERS UP)

"Jason and Angela Vesely say they didn't purposely hide Angela's preganancy when they APPLIED to adopt a child."

Someone please help on these dates!

I think that they initially applied to adopt in '05 and were on a wait list. The bio-mom approved them as adoptive parents for her baby in Nov. '07

I have been adopted.....

I am wondering if my mother was only 22......

Not that makes any difference.........but there has to be a reason why this 22 year old is NOW hired a lawyer to challenge her giving up her baby to this couple.

At 22 years old, you don't think about spending your money on trying to fight to gain your child back........she must be really feeling something.

And I don't think it's the fact that the Vesely's had a child themselves.

If I am offending anyone or off base.........

let me know.......I'll stomp off quietly. But personally, I would like to stay and add my two cents worth. :)

I have been adopted.....

I am wondering if my mother was only 22......

Not that makes any difference.........but there has to be a reason why this 22 year old is NOW hired a lawyer to challenge her giving up her baby to this couple.

At 22 years old, you don't think about spending your money on trying to fight to gain your child back........she must be really feeling something.

And I don't think it's the fact that the Vesely's had a child themselves.

She probably isn't using her own money. It is probably a lawyer who wants to make a name for himself/herself and is doing it for free. This case will make national coverage. The lawyer gets exposure. She gets her fight in the media....etc

She probably isn't using her own money. It is probably a lawyer who wants to make a name for himself/herself and is doing it for free. This case will make national coverage. The lawyer gets exposure. She gets her fight in the media....etc

The adoption agency could be fronting her as well ... they seem a little ticked off.

The adoption agency could be fronting her as well ... they seem a little ticked off.
I doubt it. I really do. I am sure it will come out soon though. Adoption agencies are money makers. A for profit business. They wouldn't be SPENDING money with no hope of a return. This stink makes them look bad. It is bad for business all they way around.

I don't know how many couples do it, but my husband and I plan to adopt whether we are able to conceive or not. We are planning on adopting from the state because we feel that we can make a big difference for some kids who might otherwise be shunted around foster homes. Since we know we might have trouble conceiving (I have PCOS and endometriosis), we might adopt and try to get pregnant around the same time. I don't feel like our potential trouble conceiving should keep us from giving a child or two a stable, loving home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back