NY NY - Sneha Ann Philip, 31, New York City, 10 Sep 2001

It seems that her disappearance would get wrongly investigated if LE thought she ran into the building but yes it would of course be to get some attention by the media. I guess I am very suspicious of this whole story...

This case bothers me too. I get the impression her family is very, very concerned with what their friends and the community think of them and they prefer to not know the truth if that means they can declare their daughter/wife a 9/11 victim and hero. Her husband strikes me a very naive. I'm sorry but most women who frequent gay/lesbian bars and consistently go home with women at the end of the night is not going there to met women to 'paint' and 'chit-chat' with. He is fooling himself.
Sure, there is the possibility she died in the WTC but there is no proof. At least with the other victims who were never found there was pretty good reason to believe they were there - they worked in the WTC, they were rescue workers who were dispatched to the site that day, etc.
IMO - I think Sept. 10th she went out to a bar, ended up going home or going elsewhere with some person(s) she met, things went awry, something bad happened and she is dead. It is a shame that her family would prefer to believe a lie than to actually find out the truth of what happened to her. Not to mention the person who perpetrated this alleged crime is most likely wandering around free.
But of course, there is a possibility she did go to the WTC that morning - if she was still alive on the morning of Sept. 11th.

I reserached this case quite a bit and I am dismayed to hear she has been declared a victim of 9/11. There is no evidence placing her at the Trade Center at all. Amongst numerous other facts that make it unlikley she was at the Trade Cener is the fact she dissapeared the day before the attack. I don't understand this ruling.

mjak

I reserached this case quite a bit and I am dismayed to hear she has been declared a victim of 9/11. There is no evidence placing her at the Trade Center at all. Amongst numerous other facts that make it unlikley she was at the Trade Cener is the fact she dissapeared the day before the attack. I don't understand this ruling.

mjak

I agree... I don't think this will be the last that we hear about this case...

Dr. Sneha Philip has been on my mind today. I believe something bad happened to this women and with this decleration of death from 9/11 it will never be addressed. Something stinks here.

mjak

I am bumping this up. I honeslty feel something terrible happened to this women and it is being covered up. She deserves Justice not a branding of false heroism.

mjak

I am not so sure that something terrible happened to her... but I am also not so sure that she died in the WTC...

It will be interesting in 50 years when technology catches up... and we can identify all of the remains... at the ME office... and at the Fresh Kills Landfill.

I am not so sure that something terrible happened to her... but I am also not so sure that she died in the WTC...

It will be interesting in 50 years when technology catches up... and we can identify all of the remains... at the ME office... and at the Fresh Kills Landfill.

I am not sure of anyting regarding this women's dissapearance and here in lies the problem. According to the guardian assigned to her case at the courts this women was leading a life that involved high risk behavior. She was known to dissapear overnight with out explanation at various times. No evidence exists at all to put her at the WTC. It is simply a theory. Yet, the courts see fit to declare her death based on this theory and disregard the facts of her life as determined by their own guardian. I don't know if anything terrible happened to her but I think t here is good reason to belive so.

mjak

I wonder if the woman Sneha is seen shopping with who is described as being of Indian or East Indian decent resembles her brother's wife?

Are you inferring that her family could be involved with her dissapearnce? I haven't read anything to lead me to that conclusion. Plus they have put a lot of effort into searching for her and getting her declared a WTC victim. However, its a good question.

mjak

If the brother says she ran into the tower that would immediately turn any efforts of finding Sneha to searching the rubble of the tower.
Why would the brother want LE to assume she was in the rubble of the tower if she is missing the day before the attack? That isn't going to help find her.

Also, I still am wondering, are any missing people unidentified that were thought to be aiding people on the ground? It still seems like if someone went to aid victims and were killed they certainly could still be IDed through DNA.

They don't know where she slept that night, I think the focus should be on finding where she was in between shopping and the attack.

According to the guardian assigned to her case at the courts this women was leading a life that involved high risk behavior. She was known to dissapear overnight with out explanation at various times [...] the courts see fit to declare her death based on this theory and disregard the facts of her life as determined by their own guardian.

The judge didn't think the guardian's statements were facts -- he described them as something like "the most base speculation" or something.

If the brother says she ran into the tower that would immediately turn any efforts of finding Sneha to searching the rubble of the tower.
Why would the brother want LE to assume she was in the rubble of the tower if she is missing the day before the attack? That isn't going to help find her.

Also, I still am wondering, are any missing people unidentified that were thought to be aiding people on the ground? It still seems like if someone went to aid victims and were killed they certainly could still be IDed through DNA.

They don't know where she slept that night, I think the focus should be on finding where she was in between shopping and the attack.

The brother admitts to making up the story about her being at the WTC. He knew she had dissapeared the day before. He stated with all the attention being on the WTC victims he could not get any attention for the search for his sister so when approached by media he made up the WTC story.

mjak

The judge didn't think the guardian's statements were facts -- he described them as something like "the most base speculation" or something.

Exactly, just like the idea of her being at the WTC is just "The most base speculation". The difference is that numerous evidence exists to support her "other" life and the only evidence existing to place her at the WTC is complete conjecture.

mjak

Not really. She did live within a short distance of the Towers. That's not conjecture. Neither is the fact that she's a doctor, and most doctors would try to help any sick/injured people they come across.

Not really. She did live within a short distance of the Towers. That's not conjecture. Neither is the fact that she's a doctor, and most doctors would try to help any sick/injured people they come across.

All of this is very general circumstantial evidence. The only known fact is that she dissapeared the day before possibly when on one of her alledged "unknown' overnights. My point is placing her at the WTC is no more likley, in fact IMO less likley then her having met with foul play the night before.

mjak

It'll always be in the air, unless they find her or her body somewhere else, or her DNA at the WTC site. It's entirely on the cards that her disappearance had nothing to do with 9/11. I'm an Occam's Razor sort of person though, and tend to look for the simplest explanation. Which is more likely: that she spent the night some place and was fine the next morning and was walking home and encountered Ground Zero, or that she was victim of a murderer who managed to completely conceal her body (difficult but not impossible in a big city) coincidentally only hours before the terrorist attacks?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back