Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entirely possible.

True - but they found Brianna's blood in the house. Unfortunately, I think he is escalating.

Entirely possible.
I'm sure whenever he's caught and brought to trial, his defense will think of that one too ~ but it just may be what happened. Does Nevada have a felony murder statute, where the perp is guilty of murder if the victim dies during the commission of another crime?

I'm sure whenever he's caught and brought to trial, his defense will think of that one too ~ but it just may be what happened. Does Nevada have a felony murder statute, where the perp is guilty of murder if the victim dies during the commission of another crime?

I'm not sure...but we have the death penalty. Excuse me for smiling.

We sure do. We also have the Death Penalty - and we use it.
Thanks, now I feel better that an "accident" could still get him where he belongs.

Off to bed now, with prayers this monster is caught very soon! Have a good night everyone :)

Honeywest! It's so good to see you here. You've been on my mind throughout this case. Hearing anything interesting on your end?

, I'm a "Valley Girl" now living in Utah. Honeywest and I have walked down memory lane many of times. What's great about not living in L.A. is I can actually go 20 miles in half an hour instead of an hour or longer.

The perp is a repeat offender/sexual predator but one who killed this time.
How many unsolved disappearances/murders of college aged women have been reported in that area of Reno?

What businesses are in the area surrounding where Brianna were found?
I get the feeling he is someone who works at the college or close to where Brianna was found.
http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080217/NEWS/802170346/1002

Police said the killer :waitasec: might not necessarily have a violent criminal history. He might be a resident of the neighborhood immediately west of the UNR campus and/or might have intimate knowledge of the area. He might have lived or worked near the area of Prototype Drive and Sandhill Road because that choice of a location to leave the body....

Hey Sue! No news here other than what you've read in the media.

The perp is a repeat offender/sexual predator but one who killed this time.
How many unsolved disappearances/murders of college aged women have been reported in that area of Reno?

What businesses are in the area surrounding where Brianna were found?
I get the feeling he is someone who works at the college or close to where Brianna was found.
http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080217/NEWS/802170346/1002

There haven't been any disappearances or murders that I'm aware of. Her body was found in a commercial area - several industrial parks.

This is driving me crazy! I have searched on all of the Brianna threads, and while posters mention the perp's vehicle having a dome light up near the windshield, no one has speculated on what make the truck/suv might be - or maybe the search function wasn't working correctly.

I did find one post where someone said Hummers have lights like that, and went on to say that other vehicles do too, but didn't say which makes. I live in Reno, and ever since Brianna was abducted and the description released I check every truck/suv I see - I have yet to see one with a forward dome light.

There must be a car/truck freak somewhere on this site who can say something like, "Chevys have lights like that." I have been googling my brains out looking at auto parts, but I'm not getting anywhere. Is it something more common on older vehicles?
I spent hours going through photos of trucks and suvs. One problem is they rarely show photos which include that area of the inside. I also went through the auto parts lists and found many aftermarket adds...but not too many for anything except Hummers. However, I did run across GMC trucks which seemed to have "courtesy lamps" above the mirror in the front. http://billdelordgmc.com/New-VehicleResearch.aspx?StyleId=1054437 Go to the bottom of the page on the right. They said it was an older truck, but gave no indication of how old. Old could mean two years, five years, or ten years. Who knows?

I live in Sparks, my daughters friend age 16 was raped/murdered Sept, 06 at Sparks Marina apt. building. Her name was Holly Quick a 10th grader at Spanish Springs High School.
It wasn't on the national news but you can google her name and find it. The *advertiser censored* that did it was caught and just finished trial. I know you guys think the RPD may not know what they are doing, but believe me they do. My friend's husband works for the DA and they know more than you think. They will find him, they have some of the best working here.

I live in Sparks, my daughters friend age 16 was raped/murdered Sept, 06 at Sparks Marina apt. building. Her name was Holly Quick a 10th grader at Spanish Springs High School.
It wasn't on the national news but you can google her name and find it. The *advertiser censored* that did it was caught and just finished trial. I know you guys think the RPD may not know what they are doing, but believe me they do. My friend's husband works for the DA and they know more than you think. They will find him, they have some of the best working here.

I am so very sorry about your daughter's friend. I haven't been reading here for very long, so I don't know who thinks RPD is doing a bad job. I think they are right on top of things.

I'm not sure the truck is necessarily large - One has to step up to get into my Ford Ranger.

I am very sorry about your daughter's friend. What a horrible thing to have happen to anyone! I am glad they found him and they have some peace having justice for their daughter. Bless their hearts.

I know you are probably talking about me since I am the most outspoken about the way I feel they have handled this case and the cases of the other two victims who were raped, but thankfully were not killed. I appreciate that you feel they did a good job in the case of your friend's daughter. However, I still say when they did not reinterview the second victim for all the details until after Brianna went missing and after the perp tried to break into where he thought she still lived the day before...it tells me they did not do a bang up job of protecting her or the public. They did not connect the DNA from the first two rapes until Brianna went missing either. They simply didn't try to work those cases to the best of their ability which allowed this perp to be free to carry out this brutal attack and murder on Brianna. They also included the sketch in this case which they should never have done without sufficient evidence to suggest it was definitely connected to the other 3 crimes. This has hurt the case immeasurably since the public now assumes he is the perp they are looking for when in fact he is not. They need to publically retract the sketch in a press conference instead of stop using it. It was a bonehead move on their part to put it out, imo.

, your photos are excellent! Thanks for going to all the work and trouble to take them for us. That is going above and beyond the call of WS duty! Kudos!

They do give a clearer picture of where she was found. The brush is quite tall and she could have been well hidden even without the snow unless you are actually walking thru the field. Walking or driving around the perimeter, you probably never would have noticed her.

I also have to question how the people on the second floor of those buildings didn't see anything tho. From their view, it would have been easier to notice a body or something amiss in that area. Maybe you should ask to take some shots from their windows. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam