Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't feel comfortable posting the myspace link, could you PM it to me? I avoid myspace as a general rule, but I'd like to have a look.

I took pictures of the dome lights on an assortment of cars, chosen mainly due to the fact that they are in my driveway, to show the various configurations so we can all be sure we are talking about the same thing...
Snipped

I asked Leviosa to PM the page to me as well. I have a MS page and would like to take a look at the one that was found.

I also found interior pictures of older (2003-2005 +/-) Dodge Dakotas which have dome/map lights above the rear-view mirrors and narrow-ish middle consoles. Of course, I don't have the links now.

Another thing I did a few weeks back was look over older craig's list personals. I don't know why. I didn't find anything interesting.

ETA: I found the picture of the 2005 Dodge I was thinking of. It's a Dakota Laramie crew-cab p/u: http://www.automotive.com/2005/102/...w-cab-pickup/954/photos/interior/cockpit.html

I sent both of you the link to the myspace in case L wasn't on right now. :)

As far as the front console light...I would have to assume it would be one that comes on when you open the door for her to have noticed it and made a point to mention it. I could be wrong, but without LE being more specific it is difficult to tell.

Darn...I wish I could conduct interviews for them and find out the information the public really needs to find this perp!! It seems they might collect the information, but then don't put out to the public what they really need to.

Did the light come on when he opened the door? Did the light stay on then dim on its' own? Was the light square or made up of two rounded lights? Was there a cubby hole near the light? What made you notice the light? Can you draw a picture of the light? How bright was the light? Could it be used to read with?

Thank you!

ETA: I looked at the pictures, and while he does have a truck and a "half beard" or whatever one would call it, he looks pretty heavy/flabby in the 2006-2007 photographs. He also has quite a bit of chest hair, which wasn't in the perp's description and I think would have been since the innie naval and shaved pubes were listed. I don't think it's the perp, but good find.

Snip...
Darn...I wish I could conduct interviews for them and find out the information the public really needs to find this perp!! It seems they might collect the information, but then don't put out to the public what they really need to....snip

You've been following cases long enough to know that they never do. It makes no sense, but that's what LE does. Maybe someday they will realize that we "arm chair detectives" would be helpful in going through all the scenarios and minor details they don't have the man power for. Sigh.

You've been following cases long enough to know that they never do. It makes no sense, but that's what LE does. Maybe someday they will realize that we "arm chair detectives" would be helpful in going through all the scenarios and minor details they don't have the man power for. Sigh.
I think that LE is starting to recognize the benefits of having armchair sleuths out there. There are a few already who respect what we do here. They should take advantage of the fact that people are not only willing to help, but is their best bet for getting solid leads. If John Q. Public is made aware of the details and know what they are actually looking for...they would make great strides in every case quickly. People want these perps caught!! Half-assed information going out to the media muddies the water, imo.

As far as the front console light...I would have to assume it would be one that comes on when you open the door for her to have noticed it and made a point to mention it. I could be wrong, but without LE being more specific it is difficult to tell.

Darn...I wish I could conduct interviews for them and find out the information the public really needs to find this perp!! It seems they might collect the information, but then don't put out to the public what they really need to.

Did the light come on when he opened the door? Did the light stay on then dim on its' own? Was the light square or made up of two rounded lights? Was there a cubby hole near the light? What made you notice the light? Can you draw a picture of the light? How bright was the light? Could it be used to read with?

SS.................could you send me the link too. :)

I spent some time yesterday afternoon looking at the websites of the major pickup truck manufacturers, and I found that Dodge made the narrowest center console. It was so much narrower than the others that it's something that would stand out to a casual observer.

Also, for anyone in Reno keeping an eye out for a truck that matches the profile, the first thing to look for while waiting in traffic is going to be the height, and that it's an extended cab. The profile said the truck sits higher off the ground but doesn't have an after-market step. I wish we at least had an idea of color - at the least, light or dark.

Thank you . That picture is so sad...all the stuffed animals keep reminding me of how the stuffed bear might have been the last comfort Brianna had on this earth. Still wondering what the heck became of it as well. I assume it was dumped somewhere else weeks ago. I just can't imagine someone not coming forward if they'd seen it, or had their husband/boyfriend give it to their kid.

There haven't been any disappearances or murders that I'm aware of. Her body was found in a commercial area - several industrial parks.

HONEYWEST,
Thanks for the info.
Hope and pray this creep is found soon.
I looked up his sketch this morning, he looks like a hundred other guys. :mad:

Just wanted to add to the discussion of the slime's vehicle... I mentioned several weeks ago that we own a 2001 Ford Expedition with a traditional dome light above the windshield (meaning that it turns on when the doors are opened) as well as map/reading lights that you can push to turn on that are located next to the dome light, above the windshield. Our center console is relatively narrow, but it's hard to tell what the victim thinks is relatively narrow - more narrow than what?? Anyway - our vehicle has much the same interior as a Ford F-150 does from the same model year. I think the 99-03 Ford Expeditions and F-150's have nearly the same interiors, they were changed in 2004. (Thank God for all those conversations with my dad when I was growing up about how vehicle's body styles change from year to year... :) ).

The blue blinking stereo lights I think are probably from an after-market CD player/stereo that was installed. I used to have one of these in my last vehicle and the stereo was much more "flashy" with blinking lights than the factory stereo was. Most factory stereos just display the time/station/cd track, etc. but don't blink or flash. And most interior dash displays are red or green, few are blue.

Maybe something similar to this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3o16NYiUV4d/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=070XDM6830&cc=01&wm=cl

Rape of University of Nevada Student
Case# RPD07-
Secret Witness is offering a reward in the amount of $2,000.00 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect wanted in connection with the rape of a University of Nevada student in the 1400 block of N. Virginia St. Reno, NV. On December 16, 2007 at approximately 3:15 a.m. the student was walking home near the University when the suspect grabbed her from behind in a parking lot. The victim fell during the struggle and became unconscious. When she awoke, the suspect was sexually assaulting her inside his dark colored pickup. The suspect then drove her back to her home. The description of the suspect is vague. Reno Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect. Anyone having information relating to this crime, the suspect vehicle, or the suspect should contact the Reno Police Department at 334-2115, Secret Witness at 322-4900, or www.secretwitness.com.

http://www.secretwitness.com/cases/case_detail.php?cat_id=12

This happened exactly 1.3 mi. from where Brianna was abducted back in 2003:

Case# 03-42757
Secret Witness is offering a reward in the amount of $1,500.00 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect wanted in connection with the attempted sexual assault and robbery of a female victim in the area of 4th St. and Valley Rd. Reno, NV. On November 1, 2003 at approximately 4:25 a.m. the female victim was walking in the area of 4th and Valley when she was attacked from behind. The suspect forced the victim over to the railroad tracks and attempted to sexually assault her. The victim fought back and no sexual assault occurred. The suspect did steal the victim’s purse, which contained an undisclosed amount of cash and fled on foot. The victim was taken to Washoe Medical Center where she was treated for numerous cuts and abrasions. The suspect is described as a white male adult, approximately 27 to 28 years old, 5’11” tall, 180 pounds, thin build, blonde hair, and clean-shaven. The suspect was dressed up for Halloween as a boxer, last seen wearing a black and white silk robe, black and white boxing shorts, and black and white boxing shoes. The Reno Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect. Anyone having information relating to this crime or the suspect should contact the Reno Police Department Detectives at 334-2188 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.

Could the perp remember her from 2003?
(I bet he could.)
Did he remember she was a fighter?
Is that why he killed her?

Here is another one which is only 1.6 miles from where Brianna was abducted:

Secret Witness is offering a reward in the amount of $2,500.00 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect(s) wanted in connection with the homicide of BRANDY GALLEGO found in a parking lot in the 200 block of Pine St. Reno, NV. On November 7, 2007, at approximately 9:30 a.m. Officers responded to a call of a suspicious vehicle in the above area. Officers found GALLEGO, a 29-year-old female deceased in a vehicle. The investigation disclosed that GALLEGO died as a result of unnatural causes. Photographs of Ms. GALLEGO and the vehicle in which she was found are available through the Reno Police Department. Reno Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect(s). Anyone having information relating to this crime, the suspect vehicle, or the suspect(s) should contact the Reno Police Department at 334-2115, Secret Witness at 322-4900, or www.secretwitness.com.
http://www.secretwitness.com/cases/case_detail.php?cat_id=5

Did you bring these cases to our attention as probable connection the Brianna's abduction?

If this serial rapist, now murderer, is anything like the rest they have a pattern of rapes every so often. This guy tried with one young women Nov 13, but failed, she screamed. There may be someone else out there that was raped in the next few days that did not come forward.

His next vic, that he did rape, was Dec 16..then Bri on Jan 20. If I am right..he is ready to rape again. Either this week or next. These monsters have a pattern to the times and places they use. He may pick another place to pick up his vics, but he will need to fill that urge/ desire again very soon. He may be laying low for now, but he will not stop until he is caught. I beleive this may be someone known to the police already, they just don't have DNA to connect to him yet.
JMHO

Just wanted to add to the discussion of the slime's vehicle... I mentioned several weeks ago that we own a 2001 Ford Expedition with a traditional dome light above the windshield (meaning that it turns on when the doors are opened) as well as map/reading lights that you can push to turn on that are located next to the dome light, above the windshield. Our center console is relatively narrow, but it's hard to tell what the victim thinks is relatively narrow - more narrow than what?? Anyway - our vehicle has much the same interior as a Ford F-150 does from the same model year. I think the 99-03 Ford Expeditions and F-150's have nearly the same interiors, they were changed in 2004. (Thank God for all those conversations with my dad when I was growing up about how vehicle's body styles change from year to year... :) ).

The blue blinking stereo lights I think are probably from an after-market CD player/stereo that was installed. I used to have one of these in my last vehicle and the stereo was much more "flashy" with blinking lights than the factory stereo was. Most factory stereos just display the time/station/cd track, etc. but don't blink or flash. And most interior dash displays are red or green, few are blue.

Maybe something similar to this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3o16NYiUV4d/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=070XDM6830&cc=01&wm=cl

I think you're right that it could be an after-market radio system. I searched the major makers of pickup trucks online yesterday, looking at interior photos, and almost all of the smaller pickups have similar features. Having a dome light above the rear view mirror seems to be fairly common. The consoles between the driver and passenger seats are smaller and narrower than in larger vehicles. But of all I looked at, the Dodge has the narrowest console.

I think someone would have to go to Best Buy or Circuit City and look at car radio/stereo systems to narrow down one that has both red and blue LED read out.

Rape of University of Nevada Student
Case# RPD07-
Secret Witness is offering a reward in the amount of $2,000.00 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect wanted in connection with the rape of a University of Nevada student in the 1400 block of N. Virginia St. Reno, NV. On December 16, 2007 at approximately 3:15 a.m. the student was walking home near the University when the suspect grabbed her from behind in a parking lot. The victim fell during the struggle and became unconscious. When she awoke, the suspect was sexually assaulting her inside his dark colored pickup. The suspect then drove her back to her home. The description of the suspect is vague. Reno Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect. Anyone having information relating to this crime, the suspect vehicle, or the suspect should contact the Reno Police Department at 334-2115, Secret Witness at 322-4900, or www.secretwitness.com.

Isn't this the same young women that gave the police the description and they feel is the second vic? She gave a darn good descritpion of the perps truck and the perp

If this serial rapist, now murderer, is anything like the rest they have a pattern of rapes every so often. This guy tried with one young women Nov 13, but failed, she screamed. There may be someone else out there that was raped in the next few days that did not come forward.

His next vic, that he did rape, was Dec 16..then Bri on Jan 20. If I am right..he is ready to rape again. Either this week or next. These monsters have a pattern to the times and places they use. He may pick another place to pick up his vics, but he will need to fill that urge/ desire again very soon. He may be laying low for now, but he will not stop until he is caught. I beleive this may be someone known to the police already, they just don't have DNA to connect to him yet.
JMHO

I agree with the pattern and have stated before that he will try to live a "normal" life for awhile. However, he will become out of control again.

I differ from you opinion that he is known to police already if you mean he has a criminal record. I think that the perp seems "normal" to those around him. That is why the delay in someone reporting him.

Someone wonders if it is their friend/relative but can't beilieve it could be true and does not want to risk making a false acusation. I pray for their courage to increase and make that phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong