Fidel Castro resigns

I saw this earlier and was rather shocked. I say good riddance! Although Raul isn't doing much better, maybe the world will be more willing to interact with him, if he remains in power. I am disappointed that Castro was never overthrown, however. He can say he outlasted everyone and everything. I still say good riddance.

While I don't subscribe to Communism, actually several times Castro has taken on the US Government and has come out on top. I think his brother will now be in control and may be a bit harsher to deal with than Castro. You may want to keep your smile in place until we see the results. Castro out does not equate to Communism out.

While I don't subscribe to Communism, actually several times Castro has taken on the US Government and has come out on top. I think his brother will now be in control and may be a bit harsher to deal with than Castro. You may want to keep your smile in place until we see the results. Castro out does not equate to Communism out.
Amen,Raul will be much harder for the US to deal with IMO. I hope Raul is smart enough not to accept some serious cash to join with some of those who would just love to have a military presence very near the US border.

I'm always worried about the guy who will follow a person we as a country do not like. At least with Castro we knew what we were dealing with.

I saw this earlier and was rather shocked. I say good riddance! Although Raul isn't doing much better, maybe the world will be more willing to interact with him, if he remains in power. I am disappointed that Castro was never overthrown, however. He can say he outlasted everyone and everything. I still say good riddance.

That's what I say. Good riddance to BAD rubbish!

I've also heard his brother is waaaaaaay worse than him.

What's really interesting is the CNN headline, "Bush: Cuba should see the start of democratic transition." Is Bush living in LaLa Land?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/19/us.castro/index.html

Read the rest of the article:
"Castro transferred powers to his brother Raúl after receiving treatment for intestinal problems in 2006. Raúl Castro is considered more pragmatic than his older brother but hasn't shown any inclination to invite the United States to launch a full-scale democratic push and overhaul of the country's institutions.

At least one activist in Miami, Florida, said Castro's resignation does not mean Cuba is any closer to democracy.

"It doesn't mean any change to the system. It doesn't mean there will be freedom for the Cubans. One big dictator is replacing the other," said Janisset Rivero, executive director of Cuban Democratic Directorate, which works with dissidents in Cuba."

What's really interesting is the CNN headline, "Bush: Cuba should see the start of democratic transition." Is Bush living in LaLa Land?

hahaha, I am sooo not gonna answer that! LOL.

Awhile back NPR had a show about this. They said that when Castro dies the US will loosen some of its laws regarding Cuba. I hope that is correct and we can all play nice together. I would love to visit there.

I'm always worried about the guy who will follow a person we as a country do not like. At least with Castro we knew what we were dealing with.

I agree Paladin. I heard Fidels'brother is pretty ruthless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back