Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, bolded in blue...what is it that RPD suspects, that this is a serial rapist.
The public knows this.

What do you think they aren't teling us?

The detective's statement was: “This case is shocking to us, but to 99.9 percent of the people who live in this community, they have no comprehension and cannot even fathom that someone had done what this guy did,”

Sadly, rape and murder happens almost every day in the U.S. So, for detectives who investigate murders on a fairly routine basis to make such a strong statement, my impression is that beyond rape and murder, the suspect may have mutilated the body in some manner. This is, of course, only speculation, but that statement jumped out at me when I read it, and has bothered me ever since.

LE has not stated the condition of Brianna's body or the other evidence found at the scene (other than the Pink Panther underwear), and that only makes me wonder if they're withholding that something was done to the body.

Think about this for a minute. He goes into the apartment and takes Brianna out with the teddy bear. He puts her in his truck. He drives to where he rapes her. He kills her. He dumps her. In this scenario, the thong would have to be already in his possession. This isn't something a woman would leave in a truck like a gf or wife. The thong is probably from another victim, imo. He could have kept them as a "trophy". With his DNA on them, it would make sense it was from another rape. (This Rapist works alone.) It could also mean there was another victim between the Dec. 16th rape and Brianna's abduction.

I wouldn't be surprised to find he strangled her with the thong. There is a definite reason he left the thong with Brianna. I don't see it as a warning to anyone, but as a "FU LE" move.

All good points. Where the heck have you been? :)

Hi Reannan, and welcome back:). Ed miller of America's Most Wanted spoke about this on NG tonight. He stated that he received information from sources (I don't know if he stated the sources) telling him that Brianna was likely killed almost immediately after being abducted. He also said he was told that she was not clothed when found and that the panties were near but not on her. I don't know if anyone else watched NG tonight; however, for any owls who want to see this it will air again in about 15 minutes aka 12midnight CST.

Lion
When I heard that she was probably found nude on NG last night, I was thinking along the lines of what some other people had posted on this board - that Brianna was possibly raped AFTER being killed. I'm thinking also that she may have been posed. I agree that there's some element of heinousness that hasn't been released yet.

When I heard that she was probably found nude on NG last night, I was thinking along the lines of what some other people had posted on this board - that Brianna was possibly raped AFTER being killed. I'm thinking also that she may have been posed. I agree that there's some element of heinousness that hasn't been released yet.

Hopefully he will be caught before he strikes again.

If, however, there is another victim, it will be interesting to see if he leaves with them a piece of Brianna's clothing.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Brianna Zunino Denison, known for her million-dollar-smile and sparkling blue eyes, her tremendous outgoing nature and compassion, died in Reno, Nevada after being abducted on January 20, 2008. She was 19 years old.

Brianna was born on March 29, 1988. She was lovingly known by her mother as Breezy, because she reminded her of a “breath of fresh air on a cool summer day.”

She spent her childhood in Reno, Nevada, and in her mother’s native town of Mendocino, California. Brianna’s passion for traveling and world cultures took her to Hawaii, New York, Mexico, Jamaica, Japan, Italy, Egypt, Hungary, Austria, and France. She studied abroad in Rome, Italy for a year with her family. Her ability to connect with people from all walks of life became part of her radiant personality.

When Jeff and Bridgette Denison’s children, Brianna and Brighton, were born, they considered them to be the greatest gifts of their lives.

Brianna was raised in the tradition of honoring children as our most precious possessions. Brianna’s mother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and close friends instilled in her the merits of being a loving, spiritual, respectful and trusting human being.

She loved children and animals; especially her dog, Ozzy.

Brianna graduated from Reno High School in 2006. She was a sophomore at Santa Barbara City College, majoring in child psychology.

She is survived by her mother, Bridgette Zunino-Denison and younger brother Brighton Denison of Reno, her maternal grandparents Bob and Barbara Zunino of Mendocino, her maternal uncle, John Zunino and her cousin Ashley Zunino.

She also leaves behind her paternal grandmother, Carol (Fifi) Pierce, her aunts, Lauren Denison and Rena Denison Terry, uncles Mark Denison and Steve Terry, and 13 loving cousins, along with many extended family members throughout Nevada and California.

A Celebration of Life for Brianna is planned for Saturday, February 23, 2008 at the Reno/Sparks Convention Center at 7:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to her foundation, “Bring Bri Back” to help bring her killer to justice.

More details about the Celebration and how to make a donation can be found on Brianna’s website at www.BriannaDenison.com<http://www.briannadenison.com/
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Brianna Zunino Denison, known for her million-dollar-smile and sparkling blue eyes, her tremendous outgoing nature and compassion, died in Reno, Nevada after being abducted on January 20, 2008. She was 19 years old.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Brianna was born on March 29, 1988. She was lovingly known by her mother as Breezy, because she reminded her of a “breath of fresh air on a cool summer day.”[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]She spent her childhood in Reno, Nevada, and in her mother’s native town of Mendocino, California. Brianna’s passion for traveling and world cultures took her to Hawaii, New York, Mexico, Jamaica, Japan, Italy, Egypt, Hungary, Austria, and France. She studied abroad in Rome, Italy for a year with her family. Her ability to connect with people from all walks of life became part of her radiant personality.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]When Jeff and Bridgette Denison’s children, Brianna and Brighton, were born, they considered them to be the greatest gifts of their lives.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Brianna was raised in the tradition of honoring children as our most precious possessions. Brianna’s mother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and close friends instilled in her the merits of being a loving, spiritual, respectful and trusting human being.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]She loved children and animals; especially her dog, Ozzy.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Brianna graduated from Reno High School in 2006. She was a sophomore at Santa Barbara City College, majoring in child psychology.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]She is survived by her mother, Bridgette Zunino-Denison and younger brother Brighton Denison of Reno, her maternal grandparents Bob and Barbara Zunino of Mendocino, her maternal uncle, John Zunino and her cousin Ashley Zunino.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]She also leaves behind her paternal grandmother, Carol (Fifi) Pierce, her aunts, Lauren Denison and Rena Denison Terry, uncles Mark Denison and Steve Terry, and 13 loving cousins, along with many extended family members throughout Nevada and California.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]A Celebration of Life for Brianna is planned for Saturday, February 23, 2008 at the Reno/Sparks Convention Center at 7:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to her foundation, “Bring Bri Back” to help bring her killer to justice.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]More details about the Celebration and how to make a donation can be found on Brianna’s website at www.BriannaDenison.com<http://www.briannadenison.com/[/FONT]

Thanks for posting that. It's a beautiful reminder of who Brianna was before she was "the girl who was abducted and killed".
But it makes me sick to know the perp is most likely reading that obit and getting his jollies off all over again on his memories of what he did to her.:mad: :furious:

I just got back from the site, and my previous assumption of where she was found was incorrect. Here is a map, with the location of Brianna's body marked with a blue dot:

Map of the field

I live in New York and have been obsessed with this case since day one. She was a beautiful girl and did not deserve what she got. I may be out of place seeing I am from N.Y but tell me what you think.
This is my opinion but, I believe that he did not mean to kill her but his attempt to silence her was extreme (this may be why he took the stuffed toy). Might also have something to do with what another post said about her being very intoxicated (which I do not criticize and no one else should either). I also feel that the location from where she was taken from and where she was found is a straight run (from what I see) I&#8217;ve never been to Reno before so I can&#8217;t really be certain. This is what leads me to believe that he either works or lives near both locations. I find it strange how by looking at the &#8216;map of the field&#8217; supplied by (by the way, great job with the pictures bud), the location where she was found kinda looks like a shortcut to that bus stop and by the trail, it looks like it is commonly used. He may use it frequently. The fact that no one found her earlier can mean that she was covered by the snow. Now I feel that after he abducted her and possibly &#8216;accidentally&#8217; strangled her, he then panicked and drove her to this location that he normally walks through because he remembers there being a little ditch there. This saves him time from digging a hole but he didn&#8217;t have any tools to cover it with and planned on coming back but may have changed his mind if the snow from that day had already covered her. I think that after he realized that he killed her, he wanted to get rid of any evidence that he kept as a souvenir of his previous attacks. Or this might have been his gf&#8217;s after being accidentally lifted from his truck when dragging her out (it had to have been dark out). I don&#8217;t feel that it is out of the ordinary to have your gf&#8217;s underwear in your vehicle. Forgive me but, I don&#8217;t believe that he is as clever as many believe to leave us clues. One question is, did it snow the day after she was abducted because if he brought her there that early morning then someone had to have noticed her. If not Sunday, then Monday when others travel that path. So if it didn&#8217;t snow around those days then he either dumped her there and covered her with the existing snow or dumped her there a different day.
I do believe that he learned how to render someone unconscious by some kind of training that he has taken either in the military or a karate class or UFC.
I hope that the police have more evidence that will help find this creep. I also hope that the detectives read these forums because they can probably learn a lot by what others have to say.
I also believe that he shaved to eliminate the possibility of leaving pubes behind although it has become quite a trend lately with young kids. I feel that it is a hygiene thing and don&#8217;t find much wrong with that (call me weird).
The last thing I would like to say is, I know that you are probably reading this you and I hope that someone from her family finds you first, before the detectives do. It is only a matter of time before you are found. Hopefully the same way they found poor Brianna.
Sorry for the long post but I have been holding all this in quite some time.
Thanks.

I just got back from the site, and my previous assumption of where she was found was incorrect. Here is a map, with the location of Brianna's body marked with a blue dot:

Map of the field

I live in New York and have been obsessed with this case since day one. She was a beautiful girl and did not deserve what she got. I may be out of place seeing I am from N.Y but tell me what you think.
This is my opinion but, I believe that he did not mean to kill her but his attempt to silence her was extreme (this may be why he took the stuffed toy). Might also have something to do with what another post said about her being very intoxicated (which I do not criticize and no one else should either). I also feel that the location from where she was taken from and where she was found is a straight run (from what I see) I’ve never been to Reno before so I can’t really be certain. This is what leads me to believe that he either works or lives near both locations. I find it strange how by looking at the ‘map of the field’ supplied by (by the way, great job with the pictures bud), the location where she was found kinda looks like a shortcut to that bus stop and by the trail, it looks like it is commonly used. He may use it frequently. The fact that no one found her earlier can mean that she was covered by the snow. Now I feel that after he abducted her and possibly ‘accidentally’ strangled her, he then panicked and drove her to this location that he normally walks through because he remembers there being a little ditch there. This saves him time from digging a hole but he didn’t have any tools to cover it with and planned on coming back but may have changed his mind if the snow from that day had already covered her. I think that after he realized that he killed her, he wanted to get rid of any evidence that he kept as a souvenir of his previous attacks. Or this might have been his gf’s after being accidentally lifted from his truck when dragging her out (it had to have been dark out). I don’t feel that it is out of the ordinary to have your gf’s underwear in your vehicle. Forgive me but, I don’t believe that he is as clever as many believe to leave us clues. One question is, did it snow the day after she was abducted because if he brought her there that early morning then someone had to have noticed her. If not Sunday, then Monday when others travel that path. So if it didn’t snow around those days then he either dumped her there and covered her with the existing snow or dumped her there a different day.
I do believe that he learned how to render someone unconscious by some kind of training that he has taken either in the military or a karate class or UFC.
I hope that the police have more evidence that will help find this creep. I also hope that the detectives read these forums because they can probably learn a lot by what others have to say.
I also believe that he shaved to eliminate the possibility of leaving pubes behind although it has become quite a trend lately with young kids. I feel that it is a hygiene thing and don’t find much wrong with that (call me weird).
The last thing I would like to say is, I know that you are probably reading this you and I hope that someone from her family finds you first, before the detectives do. It is only a matter of time before you are found. Hopefully the same way they found poor Brianna.
Sorry for the long post but I have been holding all this in quite some time.
Thanks.

GR987,

Thanks for your post!

I agree with your thought that he did not intentionally kill her.

I do find it interesting that he would dump the body in a place he knows well. I would be interested to learn more about your thoughts on why he would do that.

If you continue that direct path from the abduction to where he dumped her body, it could be assumed that he lives south of Reno. This could be why he dumped her in that area.

I agree with your comments that he has learned, through formal teaching, how to render someone unconscious.

Again, thanks for your input!

Welcome to WS, GR!

I have a question...why would it be not out of the ordinary to have worn underwear from your girlfriend in your truck? Who does that? I don't know many women that would leave their underwear behind anywhere especially if they had been worn.

There was snow on the ground the morning she went missing, if the pics I saw in the media were taken that day. I don't know how long it lasted, but the theory that he may have recalled a ditch or depression there would indicate he had been there before or walked through that area. I wonder if this is a place he could had taken victim number two before returning her home?

How do you accidently strangle someone to death?! It takes time and effort to strangle someone. They don't die instantly. I believe I heard one of the experts say it can take up to five minutes of constant pressure. If it were suffocation, I might see it...but not strangulation. They obviously have definitive proof which would be ligature marks, handprints, and/or the broken Hyoid Bone.

Hopefully he will be caught before he strikes again.

If, however, there is another victim, it will be interesting to see if he leaves with them a piece of Brianna's clothing.

Omg, you and I are so close on our thinking. Laying in bed last night I wondered if Brianna still had her UW with her and if they will be left at the next scene.

Well, it's snowing again this morning. The weather forecast shows some snow predicted all the way through Sunday night. If we get a cover about the same as we had before she was found I'll see if I can get a picture of the site with snow cover for comparison.

You are too much. Thank you! I'm going to start a thread for "Case related photos". Can you put all your photos over there? They are too valuable to lose track of in a general discussion thread.

Omg, you and I are so close on our thinking. Laying in bed last night I wondered if Brianna still had her UW with her and if they will be left at the next scene.

I was wondering if he would leave the teddy bear at the next scene.

:eek:

Lion posted earlier that she was found nude. That got me wondering if he is saving her clothing as a trophy then to place with another victim.

I am assuming, of course, that leaving the underware with Brianna was not accidental.

I think that teddy bear is with the same child who was missing a shoe. They need the sketch artist to draw the teddy bear or they need to find one similar to put out to the media. The gf or mother would probably recognize it before she would recognize the other descriptions as her bf or husband.

Hmmm...so Ed did let that tid bit slip then. I bet LE wasn't happy about that! So if she was found nude...it does make me wonder where her clothes are now.

Welcome to WS GR. Great first post!

Loin posted earlier that she was found nude. That got me wondering if he is saving her clothing as a trophy then to place with another victim.

I am assuming, of course, that leaving the underwear with Brianna was not accidental.
That's a great point Dad - where are Bri's clothes? So, this perp might be in possession of her clothing AND the bear. If not, whereever these items are found will provide more clothes as to the places he frequents. If he ditched them somewhere, I would think they are places that he knows.

I watched Nancy Grace cover Brianna's story last night. I wanted to say first off that there were some major reporting mistakes that should have been corrected. In the pre-coverage for the show, Nancy said that Bri's case is tied to "Not two, not three, but four other attacks". I have yet to see or read this anywhere else, and later in the show, they said she was tied to two other attacks and possibly a third. Did anyone else hear that, and has anyone else seen that reported?

There were some other mistakes I noticed also, but they slip my mind right now. I wondered if it was another mistake when they said Bri is believed to have been killed immediately after her abduction. Did they let that slip? Or do they not know what they are talking about. It was also said that Bri was not clothed. Once again, slip? or mistake?

I generally like Nancy's show, as she is willing to dig her claws into these monsters and not let up. But I HATE watching her cut off the panel members.

If anyone else watched NG last night, what were your thoughts?

On another note: Everyone keeps talking about the UW belonging to a previous victim, but I think it's a real possibility they belong to a victim post Bri's abduction. (this would also explain why the DNA evidence on the UW was not compromised, because it was left at the scene later). I also wanted to mention that I think the fact that LE released info and photos of the UW, is a huge sign that this guy is much more twisted than we have previously guessed. It stands to reason with me, that for LE to release the UW info, they must have alot of other evidence they are keeping quiet. I think the UW is the least of what LE has found on this guy, and LE believes the UW could break the case.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I think this case is going to get REAL ugly, real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer