GUILTY IL - Jon White for student sex abuse, Urbana & Normal, 2007

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.pjstar.com/stories/022108/REG_BFRI0MN8.033.php

Jon White's 10 admissions of guilt in courtrooms in McLean and Champaign counties concluded an investigation of the 27-year-old that broke open just more than a year ago with accusations in Urbana that quickly spread to his previous school in Normal.
Between the two schools - Unit 5's Colene Hoose Elementary School in Normal and Thomas Paine Elementary School in Urbana - White admitted in open court sessions to molesting 10 girls multiple times in his classrooms during lunch breaks, recesses and after-school programs. The methods he used at each school were identical: The girls were told they were participating in a project to learn about Helen Keller, blindfolded and given what White termed a "taste test." The acts in Normal occurred between October 2004 and April 2005 and in Urbana between August 2005 and December 2006.

I had heard this last year but not much details and now I wish I hadn't read them.:mad: I hope he gets every year they can give him. You would like to think your children safe at school.

White resigned from Colene Hoose Elementary School at the end of the 2004-2005 school year, and McLean County Assistant State's Attorney Kim Campbell said detectives investigating the molestation accusations found White had downloaded *advertiser censored* on his school computer there and forwarded it to his home.

Before I even get started on his heinous crimes, this perv was stupid enough to get *advertiser censored* on a school computer when he had one at home?? You can add that to the long list of reasons as to why he shouldn't be teaching.

Taste test? Ugh, does not bear even pondering. Shoot this *advertiser censored*.

Why are his parents there? If he was pleading not guilty I could understand, but ADMITTING it? I think I would still love my child (I have no children, but I think they make you sign up for unconditional love), but there is no way in hell I would be showing any kind of support. Perhaps for the verdict or sentencing, but not this.

Taste tests? My God at the perversion! Disgusting sick monstrous monster! :furious:

Before I even get started on his heinous crimes, this perv was stupid enough to get *advertiser censored* on a school computer when he had one at home?? You can add that to the long list of reasons as to why he shouldn't be teaching.

Taste test? Ugh, does not bear even pondering. Shoot this *advertiser censored*.

Why are his parents there? If he was pleading not guilty I could understand, but ADMITTING it? I think I would still love my child (I have no children, but I think they make you sign up for unconditional love), but there is no way in hell I would be showing any kind of support. Perhaps for the verdict or sentencing, but not this.
gonna take a wild guess here but i figure it was mom and dad that posted bail. doubt a teacher has that kind of money lying around.
White remains free on $1.75 million bond but likely will be taken into custody after the sentencing hearings.
and omg why would a judge ever let someone who has plead guilty to such horrible acts stay out of jail?

What a lousey freak this creep is. Adults who are entrusted with children and then harm them make me sick. Sick!

gonna take a wild guess here but i figure it was mom and dad that posted bail. doubt a teacher has that kind of money lying around. and omg why would a judge ever let someone who has plead guilty to such horrible acts stay out of jail?

I would NEVER post bail if it were my kid. I usually tread very lightly about making claims about my non-existent children, having no experience, but I would 100% not get him out of jail. NO WAY.

OMGosh, if my son did this and admitted to it I don't know if I could ever see him again, let alone free him. :(

I feel so bad for those kids. Now they won't even be able to hear about Helen Keller without thinking of this .

This just makes me sick. :(

snip

Emotions were running high even before this afternoon's hearing in McLean County.

News 25's Jenny Li was talking to one of the victim's mother off camera outside of the courtroom when Jon White's mother interrupted their conversation and started calling the victim's mother names.

It was an intense verbal confrontation that was escalating when Jon White arrived with his attorney and it then quickly ended.

More at link:
http://www.centralillinoisnewscenter.com/news/local/15802497.html

Ex-Urbana school officials charged in Jon White sex abuse case

Edith Brady-Lunny eblunny@pantagraph.com | Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2008 12:00 am

BLOOMINGTON - Three former Urbana school officials face criminal charges for failing to report suspected child abuse by Jon White, a former Unit 5 and Urbana elementary teacher now serving a 60-year prison term for molesting young girls in both districts.

Champaign County State's Attorney Julia Rietz filed the misdemeanor counts against former Urbana school Superintendent Gene Amberg, former Thomas Paine Elementary School Principal Janice Bradley and Carmelita Thomas, the district's human resources director.

More at link:
http://www.pantagraph.com/news/article_bc8fae3e-477a-51a9-ad75-44a241d2b8aa.html

Jon A. White

Guilty Plea

Champaign County - Sentence Date: 04/04/2008
Offense: 8 counts Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse - Victim Under 13
Sentence: 6 years each count - consecutive

McLean County - Sentence Date: 04/29/2008
Offense: 2 counts Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse - Victim Under 13
Sentence: 6 years each count - consecutive

Projected Parole Date: 12/18/2037

I am going to go look and see if I can find out what happened to the charges against the people charged in my 2nd link above.

12-07-08

A Champaign County judge refused Friday to reduce the sentence of a former Urbana teacher convicted of child molestation.

The lawyer for Jon White, 28, formerly a teacher at Thomas Paine Elementary School in Urbana, argued that Judge Harry Clem relied on incorrect information by a sex offender evaluator about White's risk to reoffend in coming up with his sentence of 48 years in prison. Urbana attorney Brett Olmstead also argued the sentence was excessive given the circumstances of the crimes.

More at link:
http://www.teachercrime.com/illinois.html

Despite being fired from the McLean County Unit 5 school district in 2005 for viewing *advertiser censored* on a computer at school and inappropriate communication with a fifth-grade girl, Jon White got a letter of reference from his principal there.

White was then hired by the Urbana school district and became a teacher at Thomas Paine School in August 2005.

A police investigation launched in late January 2007 revealed that almost from the beginning of his employment as a second-grade teacher at Thomas Paine, White engaged in improper conduct with 7- and 8-year-old girls at the school.

Much more at link:
http://www.champaignpundit.com/2008/04/04/jon-white-sentencing

Associated Press and Pantagraph staff | Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008

URBANA - A former Urbana school administrator admits she didn't report suspicions about a teacher who was later convicted of sexually abusing students in the Urbana district and at Normal-based Unit 5.

But a plea deal prevents now-retired administrator Carmelita Thomas from being convicted of a crime following her admission in court Friday.

snip

Thomas was personnel director for Urbana's public schools when parents and students raised concerns about elementary school teacher Jon White. White was later convicted of sexually abusing students in Urbana and Normal schools.

Thomas was sentenced to 18 months of court supervision and fined $2,000.

More at link:
http://www.pantagraph.com/news/article_eb6b4638-ddab-564c-a222-cc3fca83ad2d.html

One school official down, two to go.

Urbana principal convicted for not reporting abuse suspicion in Jon White case

Associated Press | Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009

URBANA - A Champaign County judge has convicted Janice Bradley, the former principal of Thomas Paine Elementary School in Urbana, of failure to report suspicions of child abuse.

In his ruling Thursday, Judge John Kennedy found that Bradley did not report to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services suspicions of inappropriate sexual conduct with children on the part of a former teacher.

snip

Kennedy sentenced Bradley to 18 months of court supervision, fined her $2,000 and ordered her to perform 100 hours of public service.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/article_17bc5179-ff8b-51d5-88d9-a1bac9d00d88.html

Two down!

February 25, 2009

snip

URBANA – Former Urbana school district superintendent Gene Amberg was found guilty of failure to report suspicions of child abuse to the Department of Children and Family Services.

snip

Amberg admitted to hearing concerns from parents regarding White's behavior with their daughter and ordering in-district investigations into the concerns

snip

Like his colleague Carmelita Thomas, 58, of Champaign, Amberg will not have a conviction on his record if he completes the terms of the court supervision he was granted under an agreement negotiated by State's Attorney Julia Rietz and his attorney, Tony Novak of Urbana.

He was sentenced to 18 months of court supervision, fined $2,000 and ordered to perform 100 hours of public service.

More at link:
http://ucimc.org/content/discreet-discretions

And we're done!

OMG I was skimming this thread not going to each link and then i saw the 18mos 2k and almost fell to the floor. Thank god I found he's got 60yrs! Sicko.

Another vile SO who simply got recycled. Ugh!!

I'm glad the administrators were held accountable. I wish it would have been well publicized so other administrators/teachers would KNOW that reporting such conduct, is not only mandatory, they will be held accountable.

And, I'm praying for the day when these administrators/teachers/doctors/lawyers and priests that do NOT report are actually sent to JAIL!

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back