Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
>
Truth be told, we really don't know what sort of investigation was being conducted on those cases. Just because a case isn't in the media spotlight, or LE doesn't initially suspect a connection between them, doesn't mean it's not being investigated. I think means uneducated about the investigation, not in general. And realistically, since none of us are detectives assigned to the case, we really don't, and won't, know all the details. LE isn't perfect, we know this. More often than not however, they coduct thier investigation properly. Criticizing them, without being in thier shoes, is the definition of Monday morning QBing.

Bughouse..I moved here in the late 90's from So. Calif. My wedding ring was stolen in 2000. I know how much work the detectives from Sparks as well as Reno put into my case. Long story short, I got my ring back within 6 weeks. They do more than anyone will ever know.

My friend's husband works for the DA so I know there are details that of course we can't find on the internet. I see many mistakes and much speculation here, but I try not to jump in too much because I usually get blasted or mis interpeted. It does bother me that some are so critical without knowing the facts.

I really dont believe the killer would attend a memorial service for his victim, it's just too much like the movies and way too risky. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if he reads forums on the Internet to see where things are going, or he might even want to be involved in a discussion about his obsession...

I really dont believe the killer would attend a memorial service for his victim, it's just too much like the movies and way too risky. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if he reads forums on the Internet to see where things are going, or he might even want to be involved in a discussion about his obsession...

You might be right Lookout... but IMO, if he is on the internet he is probably looking at *advertiser censored* while drinking alcohol or doing drugs or out driving around looking for someone's innocent little girl to snatch. SOB needs to be caught and locked up.:mad:

I recommend the door jams, Suzi. They fit underneath the handle and then a bar extends to the floor with a rubber stop on it. You can get them at Target. Everyone in my family uses them for added security. If they try to kick the door in by the lock...they will get a rude awakening, too. LOL

Good idea, thank you!

Rolex, I appreciate what you are trying to say. Even though you have local contact with the local DA, does not mean you have the entire story either. All due respect, you only know what they want you to. And I would be very concerned about the handling of this case if you knew more than that. The way they handled your ring shows me that they know how to be hypervigilant when need to be. Whether intentionally or not LE wasn't until Brianna. It's nice if LE was doing alot behind the scenes, but the gripe is several more women became vics because there was never a public warning given.

Rolex, I appreciate what you are trying to say. Even though you have local contact with the local DA, does not mean you have the entire story either. All due respect, you only know what they want you to. And I would be very concerned about the handling of this case if you knew more than that. The way they handled your ring shows me that they know how to be hypervigilant when need to be. Whether intentionally or not LE wasn't until Brianna. It's nice if LE was doing alot behind the scenes, but the gripe is several more women became vics because there was never a public warning given.

And you know this because..... ? you didn't read it in rgj or hear it on kolo evening news?? Do you go to UNR?

What Rolex? About the info you know? Basically you don't know the whole story, and if you do, you shouldn't. Unless you are working in LE somehow. Which you didn't state. There shouldn't be any leaks. And I do not know why LE didn't issue a public warning. I just know they did not.

We might not know ALL the facts, but the fact is....There is a serial Rapist/Killer still on the loose, and there was not much done on the previous cases publicly until Greta and NG picked up the Brianna story. Thats the facts. Period. Saying how good the Reno LE is sure seems to have zero credibility at this point. This is not an opinion, just the facts.

We might not know ALL the facts, but the fact is....There is a serial Rapist/Killer still on the loose, and there was not much done on the previous cases publicly until Greta and NG picked up the Brianna story. Thats the facts. Period. Saying how good the Reno LE is sure seems to have zero credibility at this point. This is not an opinion, just the facts.

Hi Rick, while I appreciate your passion, just because you only first heard about this on NG and Greta is not an example of 'the Facts'.

Hi Rick, while I appreciate your passion, just because you only first heard about this on NG and Greta is not an example of 'the Facts'.

if it wasn't for the two stated shows, nobody outside of Reno would even know. Can you tell me, or point to an article where LE in the area was working hardcore on the previous cases as they were Brianna's? I have seen very small articlestelling about what happened in the past assaults, but it was said and gone.

If you have facts.....lets hear them. if not, quit acting like you know things you aren't able to share. I have found that the ignore button works well for those who can't handle the heat. :)

That's something that has been with us always, and won't be going away. I've found the "ignore" feature works quite well in dealing with persistent cases.

if it wasn't for the two stated shows, nobody outside of Reno would even know. Can you tell me, or point to an article where LE in the area was working hardcore on the previous cases as they were Brianna's? I have seen very small articlestelling about what happened in the past assaults, but it was said and gone.

rick...just because something isn't written about in the newspaper that you can find on the internet or on NG does not mean nothing is being done... this is real life here, not the movies.

Funny thing about our national news media and their talking heads...people listen to them.

Were there local reports on the earlier attacks?! You are local and should know. The few things I have been able to find in your local news are from the www.secretwitness.com site and maybe an article on some back page of the local rag. LE didn't HAVE a detailed description to go on before...so I am guessing if it was covered, there wasn't much to report.

LE didn't bother to get a detailed description until AFTER Brianna went missing from the first two women attacked. They decided to "reinterview" the other victims. This isn't the way it is supposed to work.

It is no wonder many women don't report their rapes when it falls on deaf ears and they have to wait until someone is kidnapped and killed to get real help finding their attacker! :furious:

That's something that has been with us always, and won't be going away. I've found the "ignore" feature works quite well in dealing with persistent cases.
, you are the one who brought this up in the first place with your post today. Talk about persistent cases!!

Rolex, I appreciate what you are trying to say. Even though you have local contact with the local DA, does not mean you have the entire story either. All due respect, you only know what they want you to. And I would be very concerned about the handling of this case if you knew more than that. The way they handled your ring shows me that they know how to be hypervigilant when need to be. Whether intentionally or not LE wasn't until Brianna. It's nice if LE was doing alot behind the scenes, but the gripe is several more women became vics because there was never a public warning given.[/QUOTE]

Several more women became vics because of the rapist!...Not because of LE. Put the blame where the blame belongs SuziQ.

If they had put out descriptions of the rapist before Brianna went missing...the perp may have been caught and in jail lbefore he had the opportunity to kidnap and kill Brianna. I guess this must be the perp's fault, too?! Yes, let's put the blame where it belongs, SuziQ!

If they had put out descriptions of the rapist before Brianna went missing...the perp may have been caught and in jail lbefore he had the opportunity to kidnap and kill Brianna. I guess this must be the perp's fault, too?! Yes, let's put the blame where it belongs, SuziQ!

Do you guys actually live here and go to UNR? How do you know the other co-ed's were not warned by the UNR campus police? Have you read the campus paper? Seen any flyers around campus? Heard any gossip around town or campus? anything?.......

There's also another column about the way people are looking at each other these days:

An uneasy feeling even at memorial

That's a very interesting article, and I feel it probably accurately describes how most people in Reno are reacting to this case. There's a real sense of fear knowing there's a killer loose in the city, and his description is vague enough to fit almost anyone.

My friend in Calif. sent me something truly frightening. locking our doors is not enough anymore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRtSikCqWIg

I wish everyone in Reno could see this.

That is very scary. I almost wish they wouldn't put that on television, because at the same time it's educating us, some would-be criminal is learning of new techniques for breaking and entering.

>
You don't really beleive that do you? So, by your logic, if the press doesn't report on something, it's not happening?!? I'm sorry but I wouldn't trust nancy (dis)grace or greta to park my car let alone deliver "facts". Have you forgotten the Duke "rape" story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam