NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like a car-jacking maybe. Is there a lot of that type of crime in Chapel Hill? A lot of gang activity?

There is not a lot of crime in Chapel Hill. There is quite a bit of crime in Durham, which is not far away at all.

How close in location are the universities to eachother? IE could someone travel that far in the time span between the two murders?

OR is this another "copy cat" type crime.

World is starting to get way too scary.

JJ, it supposed to be 400 miles. The two women were murdered 2 days apart. Plenty of time for the to cross state lines and kill again.

There has been a report from a source that indicates she was shot multiple times in the body by a shotgun and once in the head with a handgun. Speculation that it could be gang-related as there is significant gang activity in the Durham area.

She just exudes life in those pictures. I can't imagine what people are going through that knew her. :(

From everything that has been said, this girl was the epitome of everything good in this world. To have her life ended this way is just incomprehensible.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/rememberingeve/

Eve's own statement, written on her hand, in a photo taken two days before she died.

What a wonderful human being. Such a tragedy.

Wow! Just reading the comments about this young lady is absolutely unbelieveable! What a bright, shining star! How sad that some LOSER LOWLIFE snuffed out her life. SAD, SAD, SAD. :(

I just saw a portion of a LE news conference. No arrests yet and they still feel it random. Apparently she stayed home to study while her friends went out at 1:30 AM. They returned about the time the body was found at 5:00 AM. Eve was killed at the spot her body was found east of her home. This was confirmed by the 911 calls of people in the neighborhood who heard the shots. Her car was found a block from her home on Thursday with no keys in it.

I'm still having a hard time believing this was totally random. Seems like some sort of stalker incident would seem more likely.

I am having a hard time believing this isn't in some way related to the other coed who came from a hometown an hour from Eve who was also shot in the head in Auburn. Seems like such a remarkable coincidence to me.

I don't buy the random killer theory.

I feel like the two killings are just a coincidence. Even if your desire was to track down these two young women and murder them on consecutive days, to pull that off would be quite remarkable. Who knows though...

I think the two are not related at all. I mean after all murders happened everyday.:crazy:

It is only 7 hours and 47 minutes between the two.

While they do happen every day, it seems the two murders are quite similar in several aspects. Either the perps are just thinking along the same lines or there is something else going on. It is still a remarkable coincidence.

i think possibly a car jacking - she was shot in the right temple - which if she was in the driver seat and someone else got in - boom - then he could have just pushed her out onto the street?
maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member