New Standard Form For Missing Persons

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
This is one of the most complete forms for missing persons I have ever seen. I would like one resembling this particular form to become the standard used by LE and websites dedicated to our missing in this country. For websites, the very personal financial or other information should be left off, but the list for Physical Descriptions is outstanding and should be utilized.

If a form very similar (since this is copyrighted) were to become the standard across the country for LE, we would all have a huge advantage for matching UIDs, missing, and others. Think of entering this information into a database and instantly narrowing down the field of possible matches!!

How do we go about working towards this end?

http://howtoinvestigate.com/people_finder/missingform.htm

This is one of the most complete forms for missing persons I have ever seen. I would like one resembling this particular form to become the standard used by LE and websites dedicated to our missing in this country. For websites, the very personal financial or other information should be left off, but the list for Physical Descriptions is outstanding and should be utilized.

If a form very similar (since this is copyrighted) were to become the standard across the country for LE, we would all have a huge advantage for matching UIDs, missing, and others. Think of entering this information into a database and instantly narrowing down the field of possible matches!!

How do we go about working towards this end?

http://howtoinvestigate.com/people_finder/missingform.htm

I wonder if this can be rolled into the Campaign for the Missing, for one? What a great idea to make this as easy as possible for lawmakers...if we come up with a generic format, we could be infinitely more successful I would think???

What should be done first is look at a large sample of what LE departments already do... what forms they use, and analyze that. You might be surprised at how complete they are. Then look at what fields are required in the NCIC.

It would be interesting to look at resolved missing person cases, and see whether the information given about the person by family and friends closely resembles the accurate stats.

I would be surprised if they do entail more information and if so...they are doing a disservice by not putting out all the known information to find missing people. It is frustrating to go to the NMEC site or other sites to only get the name, age, birthdate, and a vague general description.

I wonder if this can be rolled into the Campaign for the Missing, for one? What a great idea to make this as easy as possible for lawmakers...if we come up with a generic format, we could be infinitely more successful I would think???
It would be wronderful for them to start out on the same page across the country which would mean the information could then be put into a single Database for matches.

I am going to email Kelly (who runs Campaign for the Missing) and alert her to this form. Thanks for posting SS!

Awesome form. I love it. I think that it should be something parents have on hand for their children and other family members as well. Kind of like a part of the Amber Stick.

Hello,

It's a great form from an investigative standpoint. There is alot of data, as you know, that should not be public.

The DOJ created NamUS back in 2007, and the UID section is already being used. The missing person section was originally supposed to be in place about now, but I see that on the site, they've pushed that back until 2009.

Since NamUs appears to be the government's version of the do it all database, I would suggest you contact them to ask about this. I would also ask them why the missing person section has now been pushed back to 2009. I can't imagine what would take such a long time to get this ready!

Because it is not ready, I have not incorporated it into the campaign bill text. It should be though, but if it's not ready and won't be for another year, I hesitate.

Here is their contact page: http://www.namus.gov/contacts.htm

Someone find out the answer to those questions if you would please. I am out of town on training DNA, so I cannot get to it.

Thanks!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back