IA IA - Johnny Gosch, 12, W Des Moines, 5 Sept 1982 - What happened? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always believed there is a little truth in all the stories. I stopped posting here mainly becuase there seems to never be anything really new in the case, and I guess I have been hiding under the same rock.

The only fact that I know to be 100% true in this case is the fact that a little boy vanished off the face of the earth, and sadly, he wasn't the only boy. Some time ago I created and posted a link to a google map that marked where boys of roughly the same age went missing in a certain time span. '82 - '91. Are they related? I don't know. My personal opinion is that most likely three are. Johnny in 82, Martin in 84, and Allen in 86, all from the same city.

I hope one day Johnny's case can be put to rest. I think to do that, someone needs to take a fresh look at the case, from the begining.

Oh if you would like to see the map, the link is:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...8123129470712182220.000440c9ce904f6017530&z=6

First for "Shefner" (thank you for joining this month by the way, and welcome to the site), I will tell you how Paul won the $1mm award...Larry King was not able to attend the trial (prison) and offered no legal response to the suit. Thus, everything that Decamp entered into evidence was "assumed" to be true as a matter of law since there was no rebuttle (it may have been true, i have no idea). He could have said the sky was red and it would have been accepted by the court. The judgement was essentially a "summary" judgement since nobody showed up to defend against it....That's how he won the $1mm dollars...

So, let me tell you what i think so that you can also attack me.....I think, very unfortunately, he was kidnapped, used for devious purposes, and killed probably shortly afterwards...no i can't explain all of the rumor and conjectur that has gone on over the years, but one thing i do know, he's never been found, or come forward to the public or police, or ever had a job (you now need a SS number for bank accounts, jobs), never had a driver's license (see SS number), etc...it would be very hard to function at all and either survive or not have to come "out" at some point....oh yes, of course unless you are living on an Indian reservation (wait, another rumor). No, unfortunately he was probably buried somewhere in Iowa many years ago....my opinion only!

INSGURU read this from the AP News Wire January 2000:
King drops appeal of $1 million judgment The Associated Press State & Local Wire January 13, 2000, Thursday, BC cycle
OMAHA, Neb.
The former head of the defunct Franklin Federal Credit Union, who initially did not answer a $1 million lawsuit judgment against him, now is dropping an appeal of that order.Lawrence E. King Jr. is in federal prison for embezzling millions of dollars from a now-closed Omaha credit union.
The judgment resulted from a lawsuit filed in 1991 by Paul Bonacci of Omaha, who alleged King and others forced him to take part in a child-prostitution ring in Omaha in the 1980s. All 15 other defendants were cleared.
But King never filed a court response to Bonacci's accusations, so a federal judge entered a default judgment. King appealed to the Eighth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals but recently dropped the appeal, letting the judgment stand. However, it is believed King frittered away the money he embezzled and had no assets when he went to prison for 15 years.
I will attack you , just kidding ,Paul never received a penny from the lawsuit.Larry chose not to defend himself as it says in the article and after filing an appeal mysteriously dropped the appeal a year before he got out of prison in April 2001.Because there is no rebuttle (no defendant) Judge Urbom made the judgement that the evidence presented was valid thats what hes supposed to do in that situation I think the Judge would know what color the sky is .Decamp is a crafty guy he admits hes an ambulance chaser but that doesnt matter most lawyers are. It is my hunch from a common sense stand point that old Larry King knew he had no chance of winning this case or the appeal and being so close to his prison release he didnt want to draw attention to himself in the media with a long court battle he just slipped back into society un noticed. Oh and the money he "Fritted Away" went to bank accounts in the Grand Cayman Islands. Larrys Wife (now ex wife)Alice King's father and mother are both doctors and live in the Cayman Islands interesting coincidence dont you think?
and as far as surviving without a ss# hell look at the millions of illegals (Mexicans) that do it everyday they dont have drivers liscenses either. its easy to survive in America as a day laborer just do what our little friends do south of the border

rbeck, do you remember that just before franklinfiles.org was hacked, we had been entertained by someone posting who claimed to be Jimmy Gibson? I always thought his presence there, in addition to info released on the whereabouts of Larry King and his employment, had something to do with the end of the site....

While many of us thought Jimmy was a fake, others of us thought he made some very revealing remarks that alluded to the fact that he must have inside info. Its strange that in all the sites I've visited since then, I've never run into Jimmy again. Have you?

I've always believed there is a little truth in all the stories. I stopped posting here mainly becuase there seems to never be anything really new in the case, and I guess I have been hiding under the same rock.

The only fact that I know to be 100% true in this case is the fact that a little boy vanished off the face of the earth, and sadly, he wasn't the only boy. Some time ago I created and posted a link to a google map that marked where boys of roughly the same age went missing in a certain time span. '82 - '91. Are they related? I don't know. My personal opinion is that most likely three are. Johnny in 82, Martin in 84, and Allen in 86, all from the same city.

I hope one day Johnny's case can be put to rest. I think to do that, someone needs to take a fresh look at the case, from the begining.

Oh if you would like to see the map, the link is:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...8123129470712182220.000440c9ce904f6017530&z=6
Glad you reposted this info. I saved the one you PMed me a few months back. :)
Unfortunatley, I don't think anyone in LE even would want to touch this case and start over from scratch. I can't blame them. I do think the dad should be talked to again and siblings.

rbeck, do you remember that just before franklinfiles.org was hacked, we had been entertained by someone posting who claimed to be Jimmy Gibson? I always thought his presence there, in addition to info released on the whereabouts of Larry King and his employment, had something to do with the end of the site....

While many of us thought Jimmy was a fake, others of us thought he made some very revealing remarks that alluded to the fact that he must have inside info. Its strange that in all the sites I've visited since then, I've never run into Jimmy again. Have you?

Oh yes I remember the person saying he was Jimmy Gibson but I dont remember what he posted I was only on that franklinfiles site for about a week and a half.I havent seen this Jimmy guy anwhere either. Remember the guy posting the news article about a James Gibson in Buffalo NY who was caught by customs with a truck full of cocaine? Well i just heard an interview with Jim Rothstein on the arctic beacon website where he mentions Jimmy being setup smuggling a large quantity of drugs. so that news article checks out He maybe sitting in jail now .and I remember the posting about where Larry King was working now beacause I was the one who discovered it and posted it!! LOL .I remember posting it on july 30 and the site got hacked August 1 !! I felt real bad I hoped it wasnt my fault and i was worried the feds would kick in my door. Anyway I had emailed the same information on Larry King after that to Andrew at the franklincase.org website and he thanked me alot for finding the stuff but wouldnt post it on his webste with a 10 foot keyboard it scared the blank out of him said it was to dangerous. Anybody else heard anything about Jimmy?

Anybody else heard anything about Jimmy?

I do recall that Jimmy, out of the blue, started talking about how easy it would be to hack into the FF.org site and crash it. He began using what seemed to me to be highly technical terms - terms that were surprising to be coming out of the mouth of someone who, by definition, would have not regularly attended public schooling since he was busy being a sex slave to the rich and powerful. I openly speculated then that Jimmy was not "the" Jimmy Gibson, but a hoaxer who was probably a hacker too. It was not long afterwards that the site went down. Coincidence?

This Jimmy seemed to know a lot about the case, but at times showed great ignorance. He one time famously asked "Who is Paul Bonnaci?". He later insinuated that his question was rhetorical and that he was using it to dismiss PB as knowing anything about the case - a position that I do not buy for a moment.

As we are all aware, anybody can create a user name that matches anybody and start posting, usurping the "authority" that the geniune person by that name has. "Jimmy Gibson" could have logged in as "John DeCamp" or "Johhny Gosch" for that matter and stirred up even more crap. Either way, I believe that he was a teenaged hoaxter who eventually made good on his implied threats by killing the FF.org site.

What technical terms was he using? do you remember ? I dont.Im a network admin myself and of course its easy to do a denial of service attack and bring down a website alot of these 14 year olds try it all the time we call them "script kiddies" but its also just as easy to create another website the next day Why do you think the owner of the site did not renew his lease on the domain name "franklinfiles" in January of this year? why didnt he put up another website?

INSGURU read this from the AP News Wire January 2000:
King drops appeal of $1 million judgment The Associated Press State & Local Wire January 13, 2000, Thursday, BC cycle
OMAHA, Neb.
The former head of the defunct Franklin Federal Credit Union, who initially did not answer a $1 million lawsuit judgment against him, now is dropping an appeal of that order.Lawrence E. King Jr. is in federal prison for embezzling millions of dollars from a now-closed Omaha credit union.
The judgment resulted from a lawsuit filed in 1991 by Paul Bonacci of Omaha, who alleged King and others forced him to take part in a child-prostitution ring in Omaha in the 1980s. All 15 other defendants were cleared.
But King never filed a court response to Bonacci's accusations, so a federal judge entered a default judgment. King appealed to the Eighth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals but recently dropped the appeal, letting the judgment stand. However, it is believed King frittered away the money he embezzled and had no assets when he went to prison for 15 years.
I will attack you , just kidding ,Paul never received a penny from the lawsuit.Larry chose not to defend himself as it says in the article and after filing an appeal mysteriously dropped the appeal a year before he got out of prison in April 2001.Because there is no rebuttle (no defendant) Judge Urbom made the judgement that the evidence presented was valid thats what hes supposed to do in that situation I think the Judge would know what color the sky is .Decamp is a crafty guy he admits hes an ambulance chaser but that doesnt matter most lawyers are. It is my hunch from a common sense stand point that old Larry King knew he had no chance of winning this case or the appeal and being so close to his prison release he didnt want to draw attention to himself in the media with a long court battle he just slipped back into society un noticed. Oh and the money he "Fritted Away" went to bank accounts in the Grand Cayman Islands. Larrys Wife (now ex wife)Alice King's father and mother are both doctors and live in the Cayman Islands interesting coincidence dont you think?
and as far as surviving without a ss# hell look at the millions of illegals (Mexicans) that do it everyday they dont have drivers liscenses either. its easy to survive in America as a day laborer just do what our little friends do south of the border

RBeck, thanks for the article that articulates the $1mm judgement a little better than i did (i used the term "summary" when "default" was the term used in Nebraska court).

You are right, he could be working somewhere as a day laborer without an active SS number. But really beyond that, it really is hard to exist "off the grid" in today's society. Almost all major purchases, credit transactions, jobs, etc., require SS numbers, drivers licenses, etc. But you are right, it is done every day. But really, if he is existing as a day laborer framing houses, and he is of somewhat sound mind, you would think he would drop in on his mom and/or dad again at some point, he is afterall nearly 40 now if he is alive.

Yes, Dr. Doogie....you are so right about "Jimmy." Sorry, rbeck, I couldn't repeat the technical jargon he used because I'm not sure I understood it all at the time, much less now! LOL I do recall him saying several things that the real "Jimmy" would have known more about....and he denied that Paul Bonacci was part of the pedophile ring. I think that was too much to believe. He was, however, able to name Johnny's family members and knew a lot about them. He was able to describe places they had gone. He claimed he wasn't kidnapped himself, but ran away and was picked up by the "wrong people."

One suspicious thing he said that everyone dogged him about was when he referred to Dr. Beverly Meade as a "she." He said something like, "Yeah, I know her, so what?" Remember that? That did it for me...I truly doubted him after that.

Good job, rbeck, on finding out the info on Larry King. If I recall correctly, someone who worked with him (or near him) posted on the site. Do you remember that?

What technical terms was he using? do you remember ? I dont...

I don't either, but I recall that it sounded like (to this non-geek) like he had a fairly knowledgable grasp of code and penetrating firewalls. But more to the point, it sounded to like jargon that a hacker would be up on, not an adult that had spent his formative years as a sex slave.

As far as why FF.org remains down, I have no idea. It is easy to imagine powerful agents of the conspiracy permanently trashing the site and making the owner disappear into a web of hidden prisons and being tortured for getting so close to the truth. Or the owner might have taken the opportunity of the crash to say "Screw it - I'll spend the money on beer instead." I am surprised that he never resurfaced on another forum such as here, if just to explain his situation. I first learned of his site when he posted here.

I attempted to contact the administrator of franklinfiles at least twice and never received a reply....by the way, I have forgotten his screen name. Do I understand that you, Dr. Doogie, are saying that he posted here a while back? Hmmmmm....seems like he would let us know what happened.

I attempted to contact the administrator of franklinfiles at least twice and never received a reply....by the way, I have forgotten his screen name. Do I understand that you, Dr. Doogie, are saying that he posted here a while back? Hmmmmm....seems like he would let us know what happened.

His name is Franklinfiles on this website it says his last posted message was on 11-03-2006, 09:07 AM

Thanks, rbeck...how could I forget that screen name?! LOL
BTW, do you recall how long franklinfiles.org was in existance?

Ok, so not to be rude, but can the discussion get back to Johnny Gosch?

Sure, 2sisters, what do you have to say about him? I was just mentioning franklinfiles because it was one of the best places to discuss Johnny's disappearance. The posters there were the best at trying to assess the truth from the lies.

While not everyone was in agreement, most felt that Johnny had been kidnapped by pedophiles or those serving pedophiles. Bonacci's claim was that Johnny was kidnapped to fulfill the wishes of a private pedophile who wanted him.

We may never have the "proof" we seek, but the links between Johnny and those connected with the Franklin Scandal are believable to me.

I do agree he was taken by a pedophile, just not one operating in a ring. I do belive pedo rings exist, just not this one. I think it was just an opportunistic crime, taken molested for a while and murdered. His body is probably in the area still.
I kinda suspect the dad as well. Something is not right with him. Was he abusive to Noreen and thier kids, does anyone know?

I do agree he was taken by a pedophile, just not one operating in a ring. I do belive pedo rings exist, just not this one. I think it was just an opportunistic crime, taken molested for a while and murdered. His body is probably in the area still.
I kinda suspect the dad as well. Something is not right with him. Was he abusive to Noreen and thier kids, does anyone know?

I think the dad is suspect...and don't know much about his home life with Noreen except that they ended up divorced. And I know he deceived her.
He went to visit Paul Bonacci in prison with another woman and never told his wife....he never told Noreen about Bonacci or what he knew.
Later, when Noreen found out about Bonacci, she went to visit him and found his story to be credible. He knew things about Johnny that only someone who had been with him would know.

Do you think Paul Bonacci is lying? Just trying to understand why you think Johnny wasn't involved in the pedo ring....

I think the dad is suspect...and don't know much about his home life with Noreen except that they ended up divorced. And I know he deceived her.
He went to visit Paul Bonacci in prison with another woman and never told his wife....he never told Noreen about Bonacci or what he knew.
Later, when Noreen found out about Bonacci, she went to visit him and found his story to be credible. He knew things about Johnny that only someone who had been with him would know.

Do you think Paul Bonacci is lying? Just trying to understand why you think Johnny wasn't involved in the pedo ring....
I don't think Johnny was invovled b/c i don't belive this particular pedo ring exists. I hate to label anyone a liar but SOMEONE has fabricated SOMETHING along the way. Not sure who. I can say that i don't feel Noreen is lying (except about Johnny visiting, she either made it up or someone played a cruel trick on her) I think she has been mislead and taken advantage of. I feel she is mentally ill, who wouldn't be given her circumstances?

I don't think Johnny was invovled b/c i don't belive this particular pedo ring exists. I hate to label anyone a liar but SOMEONE has fabricated SOMETHING along the way. Not sure who. I can say that i don't feel Noreen is lying (except about Johnny visiting, she either made it up or someone played a cruel trick on her) I think she has been mislead and taken advantage of. I feel she is mentally ill, who wouldn't be given her circumstances?

I agree with you. Noreen is mentally ill. Who knows maybe she is the one who killed Johnny. This whole thing has been blown up over the years. This is a case of a boy being kidnapped - disappearing but some people want to believe it was some big group of pedophiles from the government who did this. Why on earth anybody would think that somebody from the government wanted a little boy from Des Moines Iowa is beyond me. Des Moines is not a big city. I'd be more apt to believe this story about the pedophile government ring if it was a boy that was kidnapped in a big city where government officials are more prevalent.

I agree with you. Noreen is mentally ill. Who knows maybe she is the one who killed Johnny. This whole thing has been blown up over the years. This is a case of a boy being kidnapped - disappearing but some people want to believe it was some big group of pedophiles from the government who did this. Why on earth anybody would think that somebody from the government wanted a little boy from Des Moines Iowa is beyond me. Des Moines is not a big city. I'd be more apt to believe this story about the pedophile government ring if it was a boy that was kidnapped in a big city where government officials are more prevalent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_Moines,_Iowa
Des Moines is an important city in presidential politics as the capital of Iowa, which is home to the Iowa Caucus. The Iowa Caucus has been the first major electoral event in nominating the President of the United States since 1972; therefore many presidential candidates set up headquarters in Des Moines. A 2007 article in the New York Times stated "if you have any desire to witness presidential candidates in the most close-up and intimate of settings, there is arguably no better place to go than Des Moines." The article also added "I'm not sure I would go so far as to say that Des Moines has become a vacation destination. But it most certainly has become cool."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong