Woman Goes for Leg Operation, Gets New Anus Instead

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,339270,00.html

A German retiree is taking a hospital to court after she went in for a leg operation and got a new anus instead, the Daily Telegraph is reporting.
The woman woke up to find she had been mixed up with another patient suffering from incontinence who was to have surgery on her sphincter.
The clinic in Hochfranken, Bavaria, has since suspended the surgical team.
Now the woman is planning to sue the hospital. She still needs the leg operation and is searching for another hospital to do it.

Poor woman and I know its not funny but .......:p :slap:

:crazy: I laughed for a long time when I first read this. Damn, I could not even image how you would get a new butt hole:eek:

That POOR woman! :eek: to any surgery down there. OUCH.

So did the other woman have leg surgery?

When my son had his tonsils out last year, the nurse wrote TONSILS on his chest. LOL We laughed, but I sure didn't argue after hearing this type of horror story before.

I cant imagine! :eek: This makes me SO thankful Im electing a spinal during my surgery in April instead of general! I want to hear and know what they are cutting on.

LoL medically speaking, either they surgically tighten up the muscle in that area, or they use a device that looks like a rubberband to tighten up that area just past the entrance. (my poor mother had this done when they were trying to reverse her colostomy, but it failed due to infection). Poor lady... she was probably left not only with an unfixed leg issue, but anal pain, too. :(

...Poor lady... she was probably left not only with an unfixed leg issue, but anal pain, too. :(

Often felt after a trip to the hospital... when the bill comes.

To the woman whose kid had TONSILS written on him before surgery... my grandmother had surgery on one hip and my aunt used a sharpee marker to write on my grandmother "NOT THIS SIDE." It's amazing that we have to do such things, but medical staff are people and all it takes is one, not to check the wristband.

my dad's a medical malpractice defense lawyer...

i just sent him the story and titled the e-mail "hope you never have a case like this"

I'd be interested to hear his first idea of how he'd defend it. It would certainly be difficult!

he just e-mailed me back saying exactly what i thought he would say ...

those cases settle VERY quickly. when the doctor is 110% to blame, where their screw up is this big, no ifs ands or butts (no pun intended) about it, a settlement is made.

and usually the plaintiff will also want to settle just as much. rule of medical malpractice law: you can never trust a jury. what they may see as a just amount to cover bills, pain and suffering, etc. may barely make a dent.

he just e-mailed me back saying exactly what i thought he would say ...

those cases settle VERY quickly. when the doctor is 110% to blame, where their screw up is this big, no ifs ands or butts (no pun intended) about it, a settlement is made.

and usually the plaintiff will also want to settle just as much. rule of medical malpractice law: you can never trust a jury. what they may see as a just amount to cover bills, pain and suffering, etc. may barely make a dent.

I hope for both patients that everything comes out alright in the end.

*grin*

This story made me pucker my cheeks and vow to never be put "out" for surgery until the surgeon and I have a definite understanding of WTH he/she is supposed to be doing!!! I will write with perm marker in large letters with arrows, "DO NOT TOUCH!" on the parts I want to protect!! LOL (That could come in handy for dates later, too! hehehe)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back