Other Possible Victims?

Reno, NV
Sparks, NV.
Carson City, NV.
Sun Valley, NV.
Fernley, NV.
Truckee, CA.

off the top of my head.

Also, Placer County, if that is not covered by the cities listed by , and also the Lake Tahoe area would be good. I'm not having much luck finding anything though.

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20080303/NEWS01/883498613/-1/NEWS

According to this link, if it is the same body, the age is late 30's. However, that may not be accurate depending on the level of decomposition.

Because of the proximity to Reno, I could easily see the suspect disposing of his victim in a remote vicinity two hours away from Reno. Or, abducting a woman from another city and disposing of the body in that area. The location of where that woman was found is just too close to Reno.

It may turn out that there's no relationship to the Reno attacks, but at this time we have to consider every possibility.

Because of the proximity to Reno, I could easily see the suspect disposing of his victim in a remote vicinity two hours away from Reno. Or, abducting a woman from another city and disposing of the body in that area. The location of where that woman was found is just too close to Reno.

It may turn out that there's no relationship to the Reno attacks, but at this time we have to consider every possibility.

I am saying that it does not fit the victim profile based on the early estimate of the age of this woman.

The El Dorado woman was identified, she was born in 1958, and resided in Sacramento, she does not fit the profile for this case.

It takes one hour from Reno to get to the general vicinity of Colfax,CA or Grass Valley,CA or El Dorado county or Nevada, Sierra and Placer counties, in general. People who live where I live, go to Reno for a day trip all the time.

The body found in Sunset Park on Feb. 29 is that of 20-year-old Mariela Moreno of Henderson.

She had been missing since New Year’s Day. Police are investigating her death as a homicide.

Moreno was identified through fingerprints, Clark Count Coroner Michael Murphy said. Her cause of death has not been determined and is under investigation, he said.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/co...-park-body-identified-missing-henderson-woma/

They should have some evidence now to compare to Brianna's case and should be looking into it further.

RIP Mariela. Bless you and your family.

Thanks bunches ss for posting the article about Mariela. I have been confused about this sunset park body for days. How sad that it is Mariela.

You are more than welcome, StillHoping. Sorry to bring sad news, but glad to clear up your mystery.

This happened the same day as one of the attempted rapes and seems similar in suspect and location of incident.

Robbery, Kidnapping Melenitas parking lot
Case#
RPD07-44327
Secret Witness is offering a reward in the amount of $1,500.00 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect wanted in connection with the kidnapping and robbery of a female victim in the parking lot of Melenitas in the area of Kietzke and Vassar Street Reno, NV. On November 13, 2007 Officers responded to the Town and Country Shopping Mall on a report of a strong-armed robbery of a female victim. The suspect approached the victim and punched her in the stomach, forcing her to open her vehicle. The suspect ordered the victim to drive him to the opposite end of the parking lot where he demanded money. The victim attempted to use her cell phone to call police, but the suspect took the phone and disabled it. The suspect fled on foot heading eastbound on Vassar St. The suspect is described as a white male adult, approximately 35 to 37 years old, 5’10” to 6’ tall, 160 pounds, clean-shaven, wearing a grey baseball cap, black sweatshirt, and blue jeans. The suspect matched the description of a local patron who frequents the area. Reno Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect. Anyone having information relating to this crime or the suspect should contact the Reno Police Department at 334-2115, Secret Witness at 322-4900, or www.secretwitness.com.

I am continually searching news for past rape and attempted rape. Some of the things I am finding certainly fit the profile. Some do not fit, but I believe that this man has learned from past 'mistakes' as it were, what NOT to do, to stay secret. I found one in Santa Cruz, CA, and here is another one
http://ci.medford.or.us/News.asp?NewsID=1620
although probably not, this is a case where he learned to not smoke when doing this possibly...
ALso, the fact that UCDavis had many attempted rapes in the past, from the same perp, gives me concern...it is the I80 freeway corridor.
Brianna's mother stated in the news, that she knows he would attack again, and she says specifically, that it would be college related...how might she know that? What does she know that we do not, from LE? Thus, this little clue helps us look back at attempted rapes, and see if possibly there is a connection.We cannot rule out the fact that he could be caught somewhere else, on a similar or unrelated charge, and they won't know who they have, so we must be vigilant to watch arrests, to see if WE can connect it, and help LE.

http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2007/oct/rape103006.html

Newark Police said Monday they believe that the rape of a University of Delaware student in the early morning hours Saturday may have been committed by the same man involved in two earlier incidents, one a rape and another a home invasion.
In all three incidents, the suspect has been described as about 19-22 years old and about 5 feet 9 inches to 6 feet tall with a medium build. He has short brown or light brown hair, which may be in a buzz cut style.

More at link.

http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2007/oct/rape103006.html

Newark Police said Monday they believe that the rape of a University of Delaware student in the early morning hours Saturday may have been committed by the same man involved in two earlier incidents, one a rape and another a home invasion.
In all three incidents, the suspect has been described as about 19-22 years old and about 5 feet 9 inches to 6 feet tall with a medium build. He has short brown or light brown hair, which may be in a buzz cut style.

More at link.
Good job at researching these. I fully believe this could be a traveling serial perp who has targeted colleges around the country.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/1685313/detail.html

snip:
A man suspected in a series of rapes in San Diego, Arizona and elsewhere has been captured in Colorado. Selby is wanted in a series of rapes in San Diego as well as in Tucson and Sparks, Nev.
end snips

The fact that he travelled around comitting the crimes and also the link to Sparks, NV is what caught my eye, although not sure if he's a real good match for our perp's description.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/1685313/detail.html

snip:
A man suspected in a series of rapes in San Diego, Arizona and elsewhere has been captured in Colorado. Selby is wanted in a series of rapes in San Diego as well as in Tucson and Sparks, Nev.
end snips

The fact that he travelled around comitting the crimes and also the link to Sparks, NV is what caught my eye, although not sure if he's a real good match for our perp's description.
Wow! That's crazy...even if he's not the Reno rapist, it's great that he'll hopefully be off the street for good! Good work, again :clap: .

Wow! That's crazy...even if he's not the Reno rapist, it's great that he'll hopefully be off the street for good! Good work, again :clap: .

Thanks. Just trying to keep busy on Bri's case, with no new info coming in.
Since searching for links to Bri's case, I have read about alot of rapes, and it's astonishing to me, that a large amount of them, the victims left their doors unlocked. Maybe it's cuz I'm a city girl, but I would NEVER do that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back