John List, Notorious AMW Fugitive, Dead

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://amw.com/features/feature_story_detail.cfm?id=2613

3/24/2008
When cops saw List, they were shocked. He looked exactly like Frank Bender's bust -- right down to the glasses
View LargerJohn Emil List's capture is one of the most amazing stories in the history of America's Most Wanted. He made headlines in 1971 when he brutally and methodically murdered five of his family members; he earned notoriety during his 18-year run from the law following the terrifying killing spree. But while List's run ended on June 1, 1989 as a direct result of AMW, his story truly came to an ultimate end on Friday, when he died while serving out his sentence.

List died at 2:30 p.m. Friday

The article says he was 89 I only can hope he was haunted all those years but the deaths he caused.

Rest in hell John!! I hope it burns very hot for him.

I doubt he was ever haunted as he went on to build a life for HIMSELF for 18 years before he was captured. He will have some serious discussions with the Lord now and maybe some other ones with the caretakers in his new home....HELL.

For some reason, the fact he left a note with this postscript gave me the shivers.

In a postscript, List wrote, "Mother is in the attic. She was too heavy to move."

It seemed so matter of fact.

For some reason, the fact he left a note with this postscript gave me the shivers.

It seemed so matter of fact.
I agree. This was his accountant personality coming out with his self righteousness. He was too matter of fact and thought that would somehow absolve him.

Good riddance...he did away with wife/kids/mom w/ no backward glance...
No sympathy here.

He was 89? Really? For some reason I was thinking he was maybe in his 70's. That wouldn't make sense though.

fran I saw this on the news and I just didnt put it together. thanks for posting.

Good!!
After he slaughtered his family, he moved only a few streets over from my parent's friends. They never knew what a monster he was.

southcitymom,
They said he was unbelievably nice, polite and a perfect neighbor. They were shocked when they found out who and what he really was. hard ot believe isn't it?
He was one cold calculating sob of a killer.
His poor family. :(

southcitymom,
They said he was unbelievably nice, polite and a perfect neighbor. They were shocked when they found out who and what he really was. hard ot believe isn't it?

Yep - that's what everyone in his "2nd" life seemed to say about him. This case has haunted me for a long time - just a very strange, sad case.

southcitymom,

Unflipping believable philamena.....
He was a monster.

The article says he was 89 I only can hope he was haunted all those years but the deaths he caused.

Rest in hell John!! I hope it burns very hot for him.
I doubt he was, he didn't really seem to remorseful or seem to care when I watched him on American Justice. I think he must have been really nutty or really evil. I can't decide.

He claimed they were bad off financially and I belive they were in dire straits financially. At the end of the program I watched on them they said the ceiling in the ballroom of their home was Tiffany glass, he he known and sold it they would have been on easy street.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back