Adults/Children who have murdered their parents

Marty Tankleff:

Was 17 when he was arrested for killing his parents Seymour and Arlene Tankleff, in their home on Long Island, NY. Based on a dubious, unsigned "confession" extracted from him following hours of interrogation by a detective with a questionable background, Marty was convicted and sentenced to 50 years to life, and has already served 16 years in maximum security prisons.

Many believe Marty was talked into a false confession but he is still in prison and has been charged.

*In answer to the above question, The creepy Karla Homolka did not kill her parents or a parent, but was involved with killing her sister. Karla was not charged with murder due to a plea deal yet it came out in court she lied. Her husband Paul Bernado was charged with the sister's death.

Gozgals

Tankleff was recently released from prison and the DA has dropped all charges... while this is a nod to exoneration, it hasn't been written in the books as an official exoneration. Many hope that will come to pass, soon.

Chris Pritchard arranged to have his mother and step-father killed. His mother lived. This story is often referred to as the Dungeons and Dragons murder. It's been profiled on City Confidential and I believe there are two movies and two books about the case. The only one that comes to mind is Cruel Doubt.

Well, they were convicted of murdering their dad, so it's fair to list them here.

But they claim they did nothing but leave the door unlocked - and a lot of people believe them.
I don't. I believe they did kill him and so does the judicial system. The kids were brainwashed by the perv that was molesting one of the boys.:mad:

Chris Pritchard arranged to have his mother and step-father killed. His mother lived. This story is often referred to as the Dungeons and Dragons murder. It's been profiled on City Confidential and I believe there are two movies and two books about the case. The only one that comes to mind is Cruel Doubt.

This case disturbed me. He is now out on parole and living with his mother.

I wonder if there's anyone out there who either knows of this case or knows how to find out. My memory is sketchy on the year - 1989 or 1990 I believe. My husband was in charge of Sears Security Offices for the Southeast, and his manager of the Jacksonville, Fl. office flew to NY one day, murdered his parents, and flew back to Jax. The police of course figured it out, he was tried and convicted I was told. His name was Robert (Bob) Gray (Grey?) and he had to have been around 40 or so with elderly parents. As I recall, his wife had MS and he had two kids and was in a financial bind and needed money from his parents and maybe they refused so he killed them. I don't know where in NY it happened. I contacted the Jax library to see if they had any newspaper articles on it, and they couldn't find any. It stands out in my mind because I had always read true crime books, and this is the first and only murderer I ever knew. Does anyone know or have any ideashow to find out? I even looked up the prisoner list for NY and couldn't find his name, maybe he is out by now.

This case disturbed me. He is now out on parole and living with his mother.

Thanks for the update...updates are SO hard to find...
I have to say though, if I were his mom I am not sure I could ever trust him living with me again.
How can the mom rest easily at night?

Thanks for the update...updates are SO hard to find...
I have to say though, if I were his mom I am not sure I could ever trust him living with me again.
How can the mom rest easily at night?

Here is an interview with him/Mom after he was released.

http://www.theescapist.com/archive-pritchard01.htm

I don't remember the others names except the nickname "moog", he was sentenced to death but it was overturned and he was resentenced to life, the other guy involved has been out for many years now.

I don't see how she does either, wonder if she locks her bedroom door at night? I would.

I wonder if there's anyone out there who either knows of this case or knows how to find out. My memory is sketchy on the year - 1989 or 1990 I believe. My husband was in charge of Sears Security Offices for the Southeast, and his manager of the Jacksonville, Fl. office flew to NY one day, murdered his parents, and flew back to Jax. The police of course figured it out, he was tried and convicted I was told. His name was Robert (Bob) Gray (Grey?) and he had to have been around 40 or so with elderly parents. As I recall, his wife had MS and he had two kids and was in a financial bind and needed money from his parents and maybe they refused so he killed them. I don't know where in NY it happened. I contacted the Jax library to see if they had any newspaper articles on it, and they couldn't find any. It stands out in my mind because I had always read true crime books, and this is the first and only murderer I ever knew. Does anyone know or have any ideashow to find out? I even looked up the prisoner list for NY and couldn't find his name, maybe he is out by now.

I found a Robert Gray on the NY department of corrections website .. He had been in there for manslaugther... but he died in 1997... His crime occured it 1980 it looks like.. Could this be the one???
http://nysdocslookup.docs.state.ny.us/GCA00P00/WIQ3/WINQ130

It wont let me link you to the Robert Gray that I found. Search his name with my link and look up inmate #80A2151

Thanks LisaG. I checked it out, and this guy, though the right race, white, is too old being born in 1934 and his crime happened too early in 1980. I appreciate you trying, as I have tried everything I can think of to find out more about this crime. Not that it really matters now I guess. But we didn't have the internet back in 1989 so it's hard to come by info on some things that happened back then, esp. when I don't more details other than his name and the city he lived in when it happened. He seemed like such a nice guy, I suppose he was, but snapped under the pressure. Still, to kill your elderly parents, or anyone for that matter. Guess why true crime intrigues me, it is just unimaginable that people do it all the time.

On Sept 26, 1992, Carolyn and Marvin Mullens were killed
by their daughters, (stepsisters) Barbara Mullens and Jannaleigh
when they shot them in the head 8 times.

What sad losses these all are.

Gozgals

My husband grew up in Farmville Virginia and knew Barbara and Jennaleigh Mullens. He was actually attending the same church they attended and they came to church after murdering their parents. He cannot remember if it was a Weds or a Sunday they attended after the killings. I wanted to do a research paper for my Psychology class on theses two girls but cannot seem to find and FREE information about the case. I tried looking for their prison information on the Virginia offenders database and there is no information. I did find a link to a posting on a family geneology site apprently posted by Jennaleigh with a contact number. Upon clicking the link the page would not come up. Does anyone in here have any information on the case or know of a true crime book that has been written about them? Thank you for your help.

The IceBox Murders, Houston Tx Father's Day 1965.
http://www.dockersunion.com/phpbb/v...d=0e005fd018b43ef6211c64b2ce7aaeeb&view=print

Totally grusome, but hugely fascinating case!

Wikipedia...
"Charles, Chuck, Rogers, born December 30, 1921, was a United States geologist, pilot, and murder suspect.

Born and raised in Texas, Rogers served in the U.S. Navy during World War II and studied nuclear physics at the University of Houston. He became a petroleum geologist as well as a licensed pilot. Known as a brilliant recluse, Charles lived with his parents, Fred and Edwina, in their modest house at 1815 Driscoll Street in Houston, Texas. On June 23, 1965, Fred and Edwina Rogers were found murdered in their home. Their bodies had been cut up and stored in the family's refrigerator. Charles Rogers was nowhere to be found, and has not been seen since. He remains the prime suspect in what Houstonians refer to as "The Icebox Murders."

In 1992, a book entitled The Man On The Grassy Knoll claimed that Rogers was a contract agent for the CIA. The book also alleges that Chuck Rogers was the infamous grassy knoll gunman in the John F. Kennedy assassination, and that Rogers was one of the three mystery tramps photographed while in police custody just after the shooting, specifically the lead, or "Frenchy", tramp. According to the 1992 book, the murders came about when Chuck's parents discovered his journal in his room, which allegedly detailed the JFK operation, and Rogers killed them to close their mouths.

Despite these claims, there is no hard evidence to link Charles Rogers to the murder of the President, he remains missing to this day.

In 1975 Charles Frederick Rogers, was ruled legally dead by Judge Arthur C. Lesher."

Found this one where a Robert killed the elderly Grays, but it happened in Florida. Still looking.

Robert T. Hawk, 19, was arrested in his parents' home early Saturday and charged with breaking into the home of an elderly deaf couple, beating the wife to death and seriously injuring her husband before fleeing in their car.
The suspect, who also is deaf, is believed to have known Betty Gray, 67, and Matthew Gray, 63, through community activities for the hearing impaired, Pinellas County sheriff's officials said. Investigators could offer no motive.

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/localnews/20030416droid5.asp

Dan Opdenhoff beat his parents to death with a baseball bat in the family living room. This one hits a little close to home for me. Why you ask? Because I was the first person to actually live in this house after the murders took place. Totally creepy living there, especially since the house itself is a Frank Lloyd Wright style in total seclusion. I still refer to it as "when I lived in the murder house....."

I know Jennaleigh and Barbara Mullens are both dead. Jenna jumped from a bridge and killed herself. Barbara hung herself I was told. Both girls had small children when they killed theirselves.

Lowell "Ed" Amos, is suspected of killing 3 wives and his mother. My dad, knew Ed's (that is what my dad called him) mother and also Ed. My dad always said Ed was just really a great guy.

Ed was convicted of killing his 3rd wife. In 2006 Lifetime made a movie about him called Black Widower. [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowell_Amos[/ame]

Barbara Knuckles--

was killed by her daugher Pamela, her son Bart, and Pamela's boyfriend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sept 26, 1992, Carolyn and Marvin Mullens were killed
by their daughters, (stepsisters) Barbara Mullens and Jannaleigh
when they shot them in the head 8 times.

What sad losses these all are.

Gozgals
Her name was Jennaleigh Mullens.
I know Jennaleigh and Barbara Mullens are both dead. Jenna jumped from a bridge and killed herself. Barbara hung herself I was told. Both girls had small children when they killed theirselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back