Is there a list like this out there?

quilts

Reaction score
Is there a list that is a simple data (exl) base in which

name, date of disappearence, height, weight, hair color, eye color, birthyear and other information.

SmithJohnnaJan-00HispanicF4'11"150 Brown hairGreen eyes1956 Unicorn tatto, broke right leg

It would make is so much easier to search for possible matches.

If your looking for a specific height you can sort so that you can put all the people who are about the same height together and narrow it down.

Maybe if there's nothing like this, people would be willing to adopt a specific year to type in and share it here.

I'm pretty new to this so if there is a list like this I would really like to know where to find it.

I've been working on 2000 using exl to do it using CharleyProject. And realized that its a big undertaking for one person. Sharing the load makes it so much easier.

I'm pretty new to this web sluthing for the unknown so I don't know all the ins and outs yet.

Not yet that I know of. But since you are doing it yourself, might I suggest using http://www.doenetwork.org/ as you can view Missing Persons and UID's from the year they went missing. It may cut out some of the time involved in your project.

I would happily volunteer to help in this task, but I currently don't have a home PC, only my work PC and my Blackberry. Don't have the time to focus on that at work, and on my BB, it's just to difficult to do something like that.

The one that's being worked on isn't finished yet. It's called The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System. ( www.namus.gov)

It's got some funding from the Department of Justice.

Not yet that I know of. But since you are doing it yourself, might I suggest using http://www.doenetwork.org/ as you can view Missing Persons and UID's from the year they went missing. It may cut out some of the time involved in your project.

I would happily volunteer to help in this task, but I currently don't have a home PC, only my work PC and my Blackberry. Don't have the time to focus on that at work, and on my BB, it's just to difficult to do something like that.
I thought that it might be easier to match the missing to the unidentified than the other way around.

The one that's being worked on isn't finished yet. It's called The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System. ( www.namus.gov)

It's got some funding from the Department of Justice.
I've heard of this one but its not due to come on line until sometime in 2009.

My thoughts were to use the charleyproject files and make an easier to search file to match up some common things, such as height, age and so on.

This is only a thought.

I thought that it might be easier to match the missing to the unidentified than the other way around.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. Re: This sentence from your post:

Maybe if there's nothing like this, people would be willing to adopt a specific year to type in and share it here.

I just meant that if you are working on your database by year, doenetwork has their case files organized chronologically, it would give you a good start for each year of cases you compile.

Or it's possible that I misunderstood you. Thanks.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. Re: This sentence from your post:

I just meant that if you are working on your database by year, doenetwork has their case files organized chronologically, it would give you a good start for each year of cases you compile.

Or it's possible that I misunderstood you. Thanks.

Ok I understand now. I'm sorry I just misread what you posted.

Yes, Doenetwork is great because it is chronologically. So is Charleyproject.

I've often dreamed of putting together a website with a better search function, and I hope someday my husband and I are able to find the time to do it. Sadly, though, our own lives keep getting in the way and we just never get it done. It's been a long time dream of mine, though. All the sites out there now just leave me terribly frustrated.

Is there a list that is a simple data (exl) base in which

name, date of disappearence, height, weight, hair color, eye color, birthyear and other information.

SmithJohnnaJan-00HispanicF4'11"150 Brown hairGreen eyes1956 Unicorn tatto, broke right leg

It would make is so much easier to search for possible matches.

Glad to see someone else thinking like an analyst :) I would help, but I have no time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back