Identified! OR - Cannon Beach, male body washed ashore, Apr'08 - Lawrence Nibler

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
CANNON BEACH, Ore. -- Police and the county medical examiner are working to positively identify a body found washed up on the shore south of Cannon Beach Sunday afternoon.

According to an Oregon State Police (OSP) news release, a beachcomber discovered the partial remains of an adult male about 4:45 p.m., April 6, about 2 ½ miles south of Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast.

OSP troopers, Clatsop County Sheriff’s deputies and Cannon Beach Fire Department personnel responded to the scene.

“Initial observations indicate the boy may have been in the water for a long period,” police said.
http://www.bendweekly.com/Statewide-News/15175.html

Oh, Oh. I'm wondering about Nicholas. They don't give much information.

You know, I thought about Nicholas also. I even posted a question about it on Nicholas's thread and then I deleted it because I didn't know how feasible it would be for Nicholas to end up on a beach in OR?? What are your thoughts?

Oh, Oh. I'm wondering about Nicholas. They don't give much information.

Police try to ID body washed up near Cannon Beach

[SIZE=-1]04:02 PM PDT on Monday, April 7, 2008

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]KGW.com Staff and Associated Press[/SIZE]

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Oregon State Police say human remains have washed up on the shore of Oregon's north coast. The police say the remains are those of a man, and they may have been in the water for a long time.

A beach walker found the remains Sunday afternoon about 2.5 miles south of Cannon Beach, according to police.

Lt. Gregg Hastings with the Oregon State Police told KGW the body was not believed to be that of Ross Barfuss, the 16-year-old who was swept out to sea while trying to rescue an 11-year-old on March 9th.

More: http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_040708_news_cannon_beach_body.3f0a5bd5.html

I wonder what their definition of "a long time" is? Being in Oregon, it could have come from so many places. :(

It is only 2 hours to the water from Federal Way and 3 hours to Cannon Beach, OR. I guess it would be possible for it to be Nick.

Thanks, Mr. E. I wanted to clarify what area to search in the missing...child or adult. OR has many missing adult males and with nothing to go...it could be any one of them.

Can they give a description at least? I am curious about Nicholas Francisco.

Wasn't there a TV executive or producer or something that fell off a cliff while hiking in Oregon? I seem to remember he was hiking with a wife/GF and he fell into the ocean. This was 2-3 years ago.

Wasn't there a TV executive or producer or something that fell off a cliff while hiking in Oregon? I seem to remember he was hiking with a wife/GF and he fell into the ocean. This was 2-3 years ago.

Wasn't that the producer of COPS Paul Stojanovich. I found an article from 2003 that says his body has already been recovered.

With all the predators in the ocean one would think that a body would not be around very long in the water. Also they said that this was a male, so it could not have been too badly decomposed to know that right off, meaning it had to have some kind identifying solidness, and not just bones. IMO I would guess this vic has been dead no longer than two months. I say this because with tide currents, regular motion of the waters, and predators, it would not seem likely that a body that could immediatly be identified as either male or female would have been in those conditions very long.

You know, I thought about Nicholas also. I even posted a question about it on Nicholas's thread and then I deleted it because I didn't know how feasible it would be for Nicholas to end up on a beach in OR?? What are your thoughts?

I think it's possible. I don't know much about tides and that sort of thing, so I don't know how probable it is that he went into the water in Seattle and ended up on a beach in Oregon......but maybe he went in the water later, at another location?

I think if I were Christine, I would be panicking everytime I hear of an unidentified adult male body being found ANYWHERE since there is nothing to show he is still in Seattle.

Thanks, Mr. E. I wanted to clarify what area to search in the missing...child or adult. OR has many missing adult males and with nothing to go...it could be any one of them.

I think "boy" was a typo and should have been "body." Sloppy editing on the part of the paper!

Another Body Washes Ashore On Ore. Coast
http://www.kptv.com/news/15835614/detail.html
LINCOLN CITY, Ore. -- State police are trying to identify the second set of human remains to wash ashore on the Oregon Coast in the past week.

A body was found on the beach near the Nordic Oceanfront Inn in Lincoln City on Tuesday afternoon. Police said the body appeared to have been in the water for a long time.

Police are investigating and the Lincoln County Medical Examiner's Office is trying to figure out the gender and name of the person.

Earlier this week, a man's remains washed ashore south of Cannon Beach. Police have not released the identity of the man. IBSYS.ad.AdManager.registerPosition({"iframe": false,"addlSz": "","element": "ad_N700074.35F6","interstitials": false,"beginDate": "","endDate": "","getSect": "yes","name": "square","qString": "","width": "300","height": "250","section": "","useId": "15835614","interactive": false,"useSameCategory": false,"topic": "","swSectionRoot": "","useZone": "","type": "DOM"});

I had already created a seperate thread for the other body. The one you just posted here.

ETA: Here is the link to that thread: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63248

Another Body Washes Ashore On Ore. Coast
http://www.kptv.com/news/15835614/detail.html
LINCOLN CITY, Ore. -- State police are trying to identify the second set of human remains to wash ashore on the Oregon Coast in the past week.

A body was found on the beach near the Nordic Oceanfront Inn in Lincoln City on Tuesday afternoon. Police said the body appeared to have been in the water for a long time.

Police are investigating and the Lincoln County Medical Examiner's Office is trying to figure out the gender and name of the person.

Earlier this week, a man's remains washed ashore south of Cannon Beach. Police have not released the identity of the man.

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash...ews-24/1207761544205950.xml&storylist=orlocal
Second body in a week washes ashore in Oregon

4/9/2008, 10:14 a.m. PDT
The Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Oregon authorities are attempting to make a positive identification of the second set of human remains to wash ashore this week.
The State Police say someone reported on Tuesday that a body was found on the beach near a Lincoln City motel.
They say it appeared the body had been in the ocean for a long time. No detail about age or gender was released.
The police said Wednesday they still don't have a positive identification of the remains of a man found on the beach 2.5 miles south of Cannon Beach on Sunday.

Police say those remains, too, had been in the water for a lengthy period.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest
Back