The Box From Hell (BFH) - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some notes that Joe Ford took as of March 28, 1982 after receiving the BFH.

1970 BankAmericard statements, balance due $786.35
STANDARD OIL receipts
Mobil Oil receipts
MasterCard receipts
GW buys camera 3/13/71
Starts to work for Kaiser
Gets AmericanExpress card; application states $25,000
annual earnings
Round trip ticket SF-Chicago/Central Wisconsin April
14, 1971
(There is also a note in MB’s handwriting which says
Vacation 9/1/71)
Assorted certified mail receipts
2/16/70 closes Sears acount
5/28/70 Takes out $1.000,000 death policy at Lloyd’s
Starts repayment of Columbia student loan
Starts work at Mission Health Clinic
(Squibb notebooks)
1971 Oil Co. receipts: Credit card applics for Enco,
Shell, Gulf, TWA, Union Oil, American Oil, Phillips
66, Humble Oil, Texaco
GW claims salary of $2000 per month on 2/21/71
Master charge statements with circa $700 monthly
balance
BankAmericard increased to $1000
BankAmericard statements with numerous instant cash
transactions from card to checking account
9/10/71 Borrows $2000 from B of A
Columbia U loan repayment receipts
9/10/71 GW receives Crocker Citizen “Exec Credit Card”
with $2040 Max
Child support and alimony receipts
Insurance report re theft of camera from GW car (VW)
Lloyd’s ins cert for $100,000 with Brody as bene.

Not exactly sure what travel plans were being made just months before GB's death. I can't read #3, Make all final arrangements on ______ notarize, finger print etc.

Attachments

• GHW note.jpg
    GHW note.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 284
This is odd. Brody must have been in the final stages of cancer and was obviously terminal. Could they still have been scheming at this late date to get policies for Waters with Brody as the beneficiary?

were any of the clothing stores listed on the papers we can identify with carry children's clothing or was an excusive children's store

Thanks Cubby! GW ordered a few of his books in 1977. "Solved" & "Hypothy"

Wonder whom he was trying to treat? As a physician, he should have had a basic understanding of the thyroid and how to treat it when levels are out of range.

IMO, this is the kind of reading that a physician would look to for personal use (as opposed to treating clinic patients) - a little bit out of the mainstream.

I did not keep notes on this because it wasn't related to Anna, but I believe that one of the reasons that Waters was fired from his last job was because he was accused of over-diagnoising thyroid conditions as the root cause of various ailments. It would fit that he researched fringe thyroid treatments.

Thanks Doogie, I've put Vaughn into the clothing catagory. I also put Sears into clothing catagory as well.

GW paid off his VW in Dec. 72 then bought the Mazda in early 73 because his first Mazda payment was March 22, 1973. From what I understand from Annasmom, he kept both vehicles for awhile. Is this correct?

I don't know about the cars. I have some vague memory that GW had an accident with the VW about the time he was leaving home, but I know he had it at the time we were divorced. He said he was keeping it "for sentimental reasons" (his parents gave it to him as a present when he graduated from medical school), but at that point he was only writing angry letters to his parents...

were any of the clothing stores listed on the papers we can identify with carry children's clothing or was an excusive children's store

I don't believe so. After I mailed the insurance policies and bank books to SherlockJr I found a receipt for a $450 three-piece suit and some hats and shirts. These were apparently paid for in cash.

I noticed in Joes list that there were several certified mail receipts. Are they still in the box? DO you know where the certified letters were going, and was there a value declared on them? Most people send important documents, money, or something of value by certified. Could he have been sending "someone" money? Money for Anna? I believe that the address of the receiver is listed on a certified mail receipt. These might be a clue?

This is odd. Brody must have been in the final stages of cancer and was obviously terminal. Could they still have been scheming at this late date to get policies for Waters with Brody as the beneficiary?

Probably GB had convinced GW (and himself) that he was somehow immortal.
It must have been a great shock for GW when he finally died. Does somebody know if GB received a regular treatement for his cancer? Believing he was immortal he and GW may have nelegected his treatment.

I believe that it was a SF based clothing store.

These two must have been the best dressed guys living in the Tenderloin. Sheezz! :rolleyes:

That is something that strikes me odd. Two men dressed up like British earls living in a part of town which was (is?) - as I understood from reading here - quite dangerous. One of these men was very old and on his own for most of every day in a seedy hotel. Makes me wonder if he ever was victim of a robbery or something like that? There must have been a lot of not so nice people around, who were in need of money. And GB looked like a wealthy man.

i asked my dad what the price of gas was in 72-73 and he told me to fill the average tank it would have cost around 5-6 bucks in one of the record transactions it says 14 was spend on gas which i find it odd unless someone else was traveling in another car and gb gw were paying the gas for that person or the gas station had food as well and the were stocking up on soda candy chips kind thing

I don't know about the cars. I have some vague memory that GW had an accident with the VW about the time he was leaving home, but I know he had it at the time we were divorced. He said he was keeping it "for sentimental reasons" (his parents gave it to him as a present when he graduated from medical school), but at that point he was only writing angry letters to his parents...

That's strange. :eek: I wonder why he was making payments on the VW if his parents gave it to him as a gift?. Did they just make a down payment on it, and co-sigh a loan? or purchase and give it to him free and clear?

This again makes me suspicious that he had 2 vehicles at the end of 1972...(his car insurance costs were outrageous for that time, even for a single man living in the bad part of town.)

Makes me think of the couple in the car...

Also, Annasmom, do you recall George paying bills daily when you were married, or was this a habit he developed after the Brody influence?

Probably GB had convinced GW (and himself) that he was somehow immortal.
It must have been a great shock for GW when he finally died. Does somebody know if GB received a regular treatement for his cancer? Believing he was immortal he and GW may have nelegected his treatment.
There is evidence in the BFH that GB had at least one significant hospital stay, as well as conventional treatment. I think you are right that they didn't expect GB to die.

That's strange. :eek: I wonder why he was making payments on the VW if his parents gave it to him as a gift?. Did they just make a down payment on it, and co-sigh a loan? or purchase and give it to him free and clear?

This again makes me suspicious that he had 2 vehicles at the end of 1972...(his car insurance costs were outrageous for that time, even for a single man living in the bad part of town.)

Makes me think of the couple in the car...

Also, Annasmom, do you recall George paying bills daily when you were married, or was this a habit he developed after the Brody influence?
That original VW was a gift and he didn't make payments on it. I don't know if that was the same car he had before the Mazda. You're right that the insurance costs were high, but think of all those traffic tickets SherlockJr posted. They may have had something to do with it. Or, as you say, there may have been another car. No, I don't remember his being so compulsive about paying bills, but then he seemed like an entirely different person after the GB influence took hold.

i asked my dad what the price of gas was in 72-73 and he told me to fill the average tank it would have cost around 5-6 bucks in one of the record transactions it says 14 was spend on gas which i find it odd unless someone else was traveling in another car and gb gw were paying the gas for that person or the gas station had food as well and the were stocking up on soda candy chips kind thing
This makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member