Louisiana Passes Castration for Sex Offenders Bill

:clap: :clap: :woohoo: :woohoo:
BRAVO, imo all states should do this to sexual predators.

Please don't think I'm opposed to it. I just thought I'd read somewhere that this doesn't work, because the crime is not about the sex, but about them acting out or something like that.

Please don't think I'm opposed to it. I just thought I'd read somewhere that this doesn't work, because the crime is not about the sex, but about them acting out or something like that.
I have also heard that it is not effective. But heck who knows!

I've heard that too, MsRusty. They can still do things with other parts of their bodies and foreign objects. :(

Too bad they can't castrate their minds.

Rape is about control and power. If they are castrated...I can't see it doing anything to solve the real problem, but only exacerbate it.

I have mixed feelings about this. If it will stop a child from being molested, I think it might be good. But chances are it won't work. What will they do to women who molest a child? Will this lead to cutting off the hands of thieves? Will it take us where we don't want to go?

Chemical castration takes away the urges....it's not just that his 'thing' won't co-operate.

I agree that rape is about control and power, not sex, per say, but if they still get a sexual kick out of it and I am hopeful that they won't be 'compelled' to get their hands on a child (or indeed ANYONE) if they don't have those thoughts.

i do not want to imply that men are like dogs but we are mammals. when a male dog is "fixed" it lowers aggression. i would think this would lower the testosterone of the men and that would lower the aggression to some point.

i do not want to imply that men are like dogs but we are mammals. when a male dog is "fixed" it lowers aggression. i would think this would lower the testosterone of the men and that would lower the aggression to some point.

Some of the men in question can only aspire to be more like 'Man's best friend'.

I agree with you, it's more about taking away the feelings and urges than lack of 'movement'.

OK, so if the castration won't help, because they can use other objects and on the other thread about the DP in Child Rapes the DP won't be a deterrent, then what will work? If they go to jail, we end up letting them out to offend again, so what's the answer?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351386,00.html

I've read somewhere that this isn't a good idea because the offender would still commit the crime by using foreign objects.
Has anybody else heard this.
I'll look it up and post links when I find them.

I have heard this many times over from professionals. Additionaly if we truly consider all rape to be about violence and not power as opposed to about sex, it makes complete sense.

Now, that said, I just finished reading a fascinating book called "Bad Men Do What Good Men Dream" or something like that. There is in depth discussion of serial sexual murders. Those folks do what they do to achieve maximum orgasm, so maybe they would be stopped by castration....though I have my doubts!

In any event, I predict many WSers will cheer this decision.

OK, so if the castration won't help, because they can use other objects and on the other thread about the DP in Child Rapes the DP won't be a deterrent, then what will work? If they go to jail, we end up letting them out to offend again, so what's the answer?

You still kill the bastards. To me assigning the DP to these 'things' is not about dettering others, but it is about insuring that they won't someday be released due to overcrowding or because some bleeding heart hug-a-* (stole that from another WS'er) thinks these 'things' can be rehabilitated and let back out into society.

You still kill the bastards. To me assigning the DP to these 'things' is not about dettering others, but it is about insuring that they won't someday be released due to overcrowding or because some bleeding heart hug-a-* (stole that from another WS'er) thinks these 'things' can be rehabilitated and let back out into society.

:clap:

LOL hug-a-

The only thing that will "Cure" a pedo is DEATH.
I am all for that!

Castrate them, I don't care. Burn them to death, I don't care.
The moment they raped kids is the moment they stopped being human.

A judge I knew in Mich. imposed this sentence, using Depo-Provera, against a man who had abused his step-daughter. The irony was that the convicted man was a member of the founding family of the large pharmaceutical company which developed the drug. I will not name the company but just say I know this case fairly well because my dad was a vp and officer of the company. Also my roomate in law school was this judge's clerk. It was highly publicized in my hometown, - highly criticized and highly hailed, as a decision. Whether for or against, most agreed it was a clever and creative decision and quite noteworthy, given the identity of the the defendant. I think it may have been overturned later (using depo in that manner), but not before the guy served several years and then was required to continue to get the shots when he got out on probation. I heard from some in the know that when he got off probation he voluntarily continued to get the shots from his private physician. He wanted them. He said he did not want to re-offend. People used to joke about him being the ulimate customer and PR nightmare of his own family's company.

Eve

A judge I knew in Mich. imposed this sentence, using Depo-Provera, against a man who had abused his step-daughter. The irony was that the convicted man was a member of the founding family of the large pharmaceutical company which developed the drug. I will not name the company but just say I know this case fairly well because my dad was a vp and officer of the company. Also my roomate for law school was this judge's clerk. It was also highly publicized in my hometown, - highly criticized and highly hailed, as a decision. Whether for or against, most agreed it was a clever and creative decsion and quite noteworthy, given the identity of the the defendant. I think it may have been overturned later (using depo in that manner), but not before the guy served several years and then was required to continue to get the shots when he got out on probation. I heard from some in the know that when he got off probation he voluntarily continued to get the shots from his private physician. He wanted them. He said he did not want to re-offend. People used to joke about him being the ulimate customer and PR nightmare of his own family's company.

Eve

Fascinating!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member