Identified! IL - Chicago, Woman's body washed ashore, North Side, Apr'08 - Stacy Frangos

I wonder if we will ever find out about these people that keep being found in Lake Michigan. I read a section called UNCLAIMED on 780AM WBBM website and seen that there was a lot of people who are indentified that go unclaimed and buried in mass paupers graves. How do we really know these people not misindentified and buried after three months. There is a 22 year old thats going unclaimed! Maybe its a typo. How does this happen?

I wonder if we will ever find out about these people that keep being found in Lake Michigan. I read a section called UNCLAIMED on 780AM WBBM website and seen that there was a lot of people who are indentified that go unclaimed and buried in mass paupers graves. How do we really know these people not misindentified and buried after three months. There is a 22 year old thats going unclaimed! Maybe its a typo. How does this happen?

It happens for a variety of reasons. One example is a woman I knew of. She had five children, four were adopted out or in foster care and she had one girl with her. She was addicted to drugs and would frequently drop her little girl off with relatives and disappear for a week or two at a time. When she had been gone for a month, her family reported her missing.

Three months later, they found her in the morgue having died at the hospital. She had checked herself in and told them she had no relatives. I don't know why she did that, perhaps fear that they would be held responsible for her bills or because she was ashamed. She died of complications from HIV and TB.

There have to be many people like this who are on the margins and either have no relatives or their relatives have no idea how to begin a search for their lost loved one. In addition, many people on the margins (especially here in Chicago) have a really dim view of the police and believe that the police will not bother searching for their lost one. To an extent, it's true that they don't look.

Well, here we go again. I bet the Detectives on the Peterson case are waiting for any word on this one, too. First, the blue barrel that washed up on April 6th on Long Beach and now a female body appears. They at least have to consider the possibility.

Originally thought to be 20ish and turned out to be 50?!?

Remember that when we get news of the unidentified. That's the kind of thing that gets carried forward in all the missing pages so we search for a 20 something, when we should be looking for a 50 something........

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back