Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think there was some discrepancy over the baby shoe. I could almost swear I recall LE or someone saying it was toddler sized. (It may have been the man from AMW when he was on Greta or Nancy tho.) When I find time, I will track it down.

Add to that this was from the Dec vic that I believe they had some language barrier issues and she was a young woman (not a Mom) as well- I still say they should have went through every baby shoe store in the region until she could say "that's it"

If anyone has a contact here, pass that along, I just felt compelled to edit that. I think the shoe could be helpful, and even if not it gives the appearance that the case is progressing, which would be important. School is emptying out very soon, and his pool will dwindle, I'm concerned.

I think we are at the point where LE needs to let to public know everything they have so we can catch this guy. It's hard to hurt the case at this point by keeping info from the public...in my opinion.

I think we are at the point where LE needs to let to public know everything they have so we can catch this guy. It's hard to hurt the case at this point by keeping info from the public...in my opinion.

I agree that if they have anything that would help in identifying this guy then they need to share it before he feels safe enough to hurt someone else. However, I don't agree that they should share everything they have. I know they have said they won't share how long they think her body was in the field where she was found (beyond "more than a week"). If they think he held on to her, dead or alive, for any period of time then I think that could be important for the public to know. Would that indicate he lived alone, or had access to other places to keep a person or a body? They didn't release that he seems to collect underwear until after Bri's body was found. I'm sure they have their reasons for keeping info to themselves but they have stated time and again they need the public's help. The public obviously needs more to go on...if LE has it then they need to share it.

The family spokesperson let it slip it was believed that Brianna was dead within the first few minutes of her abduction and the family found comfort knowing she didn't have to suffer anything that happened to her afterwards. I watched her say it in an interview. This would answer the "if she was kept alive for a period of time" question.

There she is :)
Perhaps they have some evidence that might tie her to a home/storage/something relating to when she was placed there. My only thought is it is tied to a piece of evidence they have not acknowledged and they would want to avoid the next question "how do you know"..

The family spokesperson let it slip it was believed that Brianna was dead within the first few minutes of her abduction and the family found comfort knowing she didn't have to suffer anything that happened to her afterwards. I watched her say it in an interview. This would answer the "if she was kept alive for a period of time" question.

I remeber that SS, it was right around the time of the vigil and memorail service that I believe Bri's aunt made that statement. I think he got rid of the body immediately..I don't think he kept it around anywhere. They were looking for her right away so that tells me he would have gotten rid of the body ASAP.

I also think what kind of infant shoe you get at a shower is still vague. There are so many types of little booties today, some knit, some that look like little tennis shoes, some that look like little ballet shoes. If we knew color and fabric or style..say a knit blue bootie that would aleast be something to spark people's memories if they had been in the truck with this perp.

I am afraid that with the confusion that took place in describing him and the drastic change in descriptions that people are really confused as to who they are supposed to be looking for in Reno. I almost believe that he is not in that area any longer and has moved on to fresh hunting grounds.

+1!

I went by the Mackay Court house today, and did not realize that the
400 block of College Drive( Nov.13, I believe) is on the other side of the street
from where Brianna was abducted!. College Drive goes through Sierra right to
North Virginia where the Dec.16 crime happened, and across the street from there is a parking garage that is situated just south of Lawlor Events Center
where it is described that the Oct.22 incident happened. To say that these
crimes were in close proximity to each other is an understatement! The Westwood Apts. are literally 30ft. from where Brianna was taken. The other two(Dec.16 and Oct.22) are lacking specificity as to exactly where they happened but as close as I can tell, all four incidents happened within 1 block
of College Drive. Until today, I didn't think that the Oct.22 incident was part of this at all, but now I'm not so sure. I could be wrong on the parking garage, but the other 3 have addresses that I went by today. The 2:00am pictures did not turn out but I have a couple more That I took today after work. I think that it was SS that wanted to know if she could be seen from the street. Not only seen, but on display. Not only is the house next to the street
but the street is about 15ft. higher so you would look down into the corner room. I could not find a legal place to park anywhere near the house. there are so many cars in that neighborhood , you couldn't get noticed if you tried.

I ended up taking 5 or 6 pictures and will get them on the right thread as
soon as I figure out how to do it.

Outstanding info!! I think it's DD that always says we need boots on the street, and now we do :woohoo:
I personally do not think the October attack is related, but it dawned on me- he is going to have a parking permit here!! Would have to if what your saying is true about the block perimeter. Maybe he's not stalking anyone and they are unknowingly coming to him. Is there a guy that fits the profile in the grid- right truck? Post the baby shoe on the telephone polls??

Thanks, FXSTS! I can't wait to see the shots you took! It is interesting you mention no legal place to park right there and all the cars being in the neighborhood which would have made it difficult to park anyway. I have always felt he spotted her from the street and that you could see inside with the light on. If there wasn't a place to park then he probably would have been driving by when he first noticed her.

Again, thanks for taking time to go out and check out the area! Great job!

Do you know what is on the SE corner of College and Sierra?

When I saw the story on Dateline they zoomed in on the house that Brianna stayed at and you could definitely see right through the glass door. I was surprised how close she was to the front door. The other thing was it looked like one of the bedrooms was right behind the sofa she slept on, but nobody heard a thing.

I wonder if the perp parked illegally since there probably isn't a lot of police driving around in the wee hours of the morning. Not sure.

If Brianna was dead within the first few minutes of her abduction, the perp would have carried her out to his vehicle or to another location. To carry a body out to another location is definitely taking a risk in being seen. Which makes me think the vehicle was close by. Unless the perp lives really close by.

FXSTS, what type of neighbourhood is it? Is it residential, I know you mention the Westwood Apts. Are the Westwood apts. a large compound? What else is around there? Are there other apts.?

Thanks so much FXSTS! :blowkiss: I had too noticed the street being higher than the ground floor of the house when Fox News was there and Mark was showing us the house. But I'm getting a much clearer picture now of just how close everything is (Nov. & Dec. attacks, Mackay Court) and I can see what you mean ~ he could literally be parked right there on the streets and no one would notice.

<snip>

Do you know what is on the SE corner of College and Sierra?

SS, here is a link to an aerial view of this intersection. Second one is an aerial view of the related crimes (including Oct.). FXSTS posted her pictures on the photos thread. Some good shots!!!! Could provide for some interesting discussions.

College and Sierra
Crime scenes

Thanks, Softsoul. I meant what type of business is sitting on the corner with the parking areas? Is it a convenience store?

Yes, the photos FXSTS took are fabulous!! Answers some of my questions and raises many others!

Didn't someone here post pics and tell us there is an alley in the back of the house? I'm sure we had speculated that he most likley used the back door.

FXSTS, what type of neighbourhood is it? Is it residential, I know you mention the Westwood Apts. Are the Westwood apts. a large compound? What else is around there? Are there other apts.?

It is almost all residential,there are at least 4 vehicles per residence, it appears that most houses have been converted to apartments. The Westwood apts. is a large complex.

I meant what type of business is sitting on the corner with the parking areas? Is it a convenience store?

I'm not sure, but that one will be easier than taking pictures,I'll let you know

SS, here is a link to an aerial view of this intersection. Second one is an aerial view of the related crimes (including Oct.). FXSTS posted her pictures on the photos thread. Some good shots!!!! Could provide for some interesting discussions.

Softsoul, I saw the aerial view a couple of months ago or when ever it came out and it was very deceiving, at least to me. It somehow gave me the impression that the Oct. and Dec. crimes were a ways away from the other two, that is why I was so shocked yesterday, because I didn't expect them to be as close together as they actually are.

One more thing, no more "she" and "her", when referring to me, I'm starting to get a complex

It looks like it could either be an alley or a driveway in the back which does go through to the next street according to FXSTS. The photos are on the photo thread here in the forum: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2156089#post2156089

FXSTS- outstanding.
I posted earlier on this thread that when I watched the Dateline coverage, that I did not feel this house was all that easy to see into- I was WRONG. There is nothing but access here. Also, it appears from the photo if there is laundry in this house it is on the second floor, I see a dryer vent, if we knew where the roomates panties were, it may mean he was waiting upstairs and already in the house. However, if there is a second bathroom downstairs, (alright I was not very neat in college) she could have left them on the floor prior to showering?

Note the white pickup in photo #6
I sincerely hope they have put a security system in this house, remember he went back to Dec vic..
FXSTS- you have cemented my opinion this person lives among these people. I hate to say it, but I would be pouring through the volunteer files that participated in these searches, he would stand out and there is a way to combat being singled out in your own neighborhood- inject yourself into the case.

Excellent shots, and thanks for posting these FXSTS!

That corner house does have easy access. Being next to a busy street, I'm sure the tenets there were used to traffic noise. Additionally, with the house right behind them (across the alley) having parking so close to the alley (I believe there is a picture of a Jeep parked next to the alley), it would be difficult to distinguish noise from the street, the alley, and the neighbors parking back there.

I wonder how high that security lighting was set that's on the side of the house? I had some lights like that once and you could set the sensitivity on that so that it would pick up movement and trip the light from 3' to 40' away. I bet with the proximity to the street, they did what they shouldn't have (set it low to keep it from being on all the time). If the guy staked the place out, I'm sure he had to do a test run to see what movement caused the lights to trip, if he noticed them. He may not have. But, given the assumption that they had the security lights set low for only movement around the house, you can probably be sure he didn't go to that side of the house. Those lights are halogen and produce an abundance of light that would really attract attention. He almost had to approach from the rear and from the opposite direction from the street in the alley (assuming the lights worked).

SS would probably know for sure, but I believe those lights were added after Bri's murder.

SS would probably know for sure, but I believe those lights were added after Bri's murder.
That would make more sense. I still believe he went out the back since it looks like the blanket was dropped in the kitchen on the way out the door..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88