Student duct taped in class

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1
WESLEY CHAPEL - First graders at Seven Oaks Elementary School had an unusual start to their day Friday. Two school employees were yanked out of their classroom after allegations that they'd strapped a student to a chair and taped her mouth shut.

If in Fact this is true the two school employees (they didn't mention teachers) should be fired immediately!

xxo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I use to have an evil teacher like that. Very abusive. She duct-taped us and threw things at us all the time.
EVIL HEIFER, glad she is dead.

Held hostage in school by school employees. How nice for the education. Of course, they won't be charged with kidnapping or holding some child hostage.

The district has refused to be more specific about who employees are, and would not confirm if they are teachers. Why not?? My guess is that it was teacher or teachers assistant, if allegations are true they should be fired!

This is terrible and if true they should be fired immediatly, just like everyone before me has said.

why oh why do people who hate children become teachers?

why oh why do people who hate children become teachers?

I have an education book here that has this in it (not a direct quote but paraphrasing):

When teachers were asked about why they became teachers, here was the responses:

1. Schedule fits into daily family life, and the fact that they get a two or three month vacation every year.

2. Salary/prestige of the job in the community (guessing this must be rural areas like mine)

3. LOVE FOR CHILDREN AND THEIR EDUCATION.

ETA: It really doesn't matter if these people were teachers or not, they should NOT be tying kids to the chairs period. I'm guessing they are though, because with certified staff they have to go through due process that they wouldn't do with classified (cooks, janitors, etc).

Oh, there was a story about a creepy band teacher who was really into bondage that was convicted for doing that to students for years. And, the strange thing is that it was initially reported and the school covered it up and never told the parents of the students involved. It was years before it all finally came out.

YUCK

I can guarantee, had this child went to school and reported that his/her parents strapped him to a chair & duct taped his mouth that social services would have been notified & parents would have been charged with abuse. To me abuse is abuse no matter who's doing it!

I can guarantee, had this child went to school and reported that his/her parents strapped him to a chair & duct taped his mouth that social services would have been notified & parents would have been charged with abuse. To me abuse is abuse no matter who's doing it!

I think the case I'm remembering is Robert Sperlik out of Berwyn IL. The police tried to press charges against the school for not reporting the incident and the parents tried to sue and the school got off somehow. :mad:

I think the case I'm remembering is Robert Sperlik out of Berwyn IL. The police tried to press charges against the school for not reporting the incident and the parents tried to sue and the school got off somehow. :mad:

Now that's just wrong!! :mad:

Now that's just wrong!! :mad:

I thought so too. He was found guilty and police found a bunch of bondage videos at his house.

The principal got off. The girls were young and didn't communicate well enough, but that's why it should have been a judgment call of the principals. It should have been investigated properly.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=3639539

November 16, 2005 (WLS) -- A verdict has been reached in the case against a west suburban elementary school principal. Karen Grindle was found not guilty for failing to notify authorities about abuse allegation against a band teacher. Robert Sperlik is accused of abusing 20 girls over a five-year period.
The whole case and all the evidence revolved around one letter. Four years before Berwyn band teacher Robert Sperlik was charged with sexually abusing several students, the principal received a letter written by two students who had concerns about Sperlik. The first and sixth grade girls wrote that he rubbed their leg and rubbed their back to feel a bra. The principal said she perceived nothing sexual in nature.

I use to have an evil teacher like that. Very abusive. She duct-taped us and threw things at us all the time.
EVIL HEIFER, glad she is dead.

2nd grade, my teacher took the long scarf off her neck and tied me to my chair.
......goofy woman.:mad:

Unless the incident happened in a cafeteria before school even started, it was probably a teacher and a teacher's aide. They'd never pay for two aides in one classroom. The employees were yanked from their classroom.

What strikes me as very odd is that two adults were involved. You'd think at least on of them would have some sense.

What strikes me as very odd is that two adults were involved. You'd think at least on of them would have some sense.

Exactly, what in the world would have made them think they could do something like this to child & not think about the consequences of their actions?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back