Paramedics Fight Over Patient

Trino

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S426283.shtml?cat=1

This is a most bizarre story. A patient with a broken back was loaded into an ambulance by the first responder paramedic unit. Another paramedic unit responded and demanded the patient, even tried to physically remove him from the first ambulance. Police were called. The policewoman was married to the second responder paramedic and arrested the first. Meanwhile, the poor patient laid there. It was all about money.

Well...isn't that the way things go now? Highest bidder? LOL If I were the patient...I would divorce her if I had that option...it is difficult to tell. If I were not related..I would sue those selfish people! How DARE they?!

What is the world coming too when people who chose jobs to help others cannot do their jobs properly anymore. It makes it so hard to trust anyone these days, a patient is waiting for critical care which could be life threatening and these so called professionals are putting themselves first.:bang: Unbelievable.

What the hell is wrong with these people? I can't believe the officer (wife) was disciplined for her actions and then shortly after PROMOTED.

im shocked that no true disciplinary actions were taken against these people.

even from the perspective of the heads of the paramedics and police: THESE PEOPLE ARE CLEARLY LAWSUITS WAITING TO HAPPEN !!! (And they're lucky not to have a med-mal case against them as it is.)

...anyone want to move to western Wisconsin?...No?

Certainly. Here you can wait up to twenty minutes for an ambulance. Some have waited way longer. Then when they get the patient the ambulance breaks down. There was a woman in Philly about a year ago died in that exact situation. We'd love having two ambulances showing up and fighting over us. It is crazy though.

I think if I ever get hurt I'll crawl to the hospital after reading this!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That's OUTRAGEOUS! Where's the lawsuit?! There oughta be one in this example! :furious: :behindbar :furious:

Wheweee This happened approximately 5 miles from my place. I was on vacation when I heard about it.

I have lots of connections to the Lakeview hospital staff. LOTS!!!!!
Lakeview isn't speaking.... they normally don't. The ambulance (Lakeview) sits in Somerset Wi at the fire station.....I had never heard that they had a boundry line. hmmmmm Apparently many on hospital staff never knew that either. Even if avvident victim was taken to Lakeview hospital it would of been further away then the Osceola hospital. So it makes no sense why Lakeview went there.

This is not the first incident they have had either with paramedics.

Also for as far as the Deputy goes...St Croix County REALLY needs to clean house. Simply pathetic to say the least.

Will see if I can find out more INSIDE scoop!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That's OUTRAGEOUS! Where's the lawsuit?! There oughta be one in this example! :furious: :behindbar :furious:

Trust me there will be a mega lawsuit. St Croix County sheriffs dept needs involved in it too. Couldn't happen to a better LE agency in the country!

You think this type of thing only occurs in western Wisconsin?

civilisation is in reverse thrust mode. :furious:

Trust me there will be a mega lawsuit. St Croix County sheriffs dept needs involved in it too. Couldn't happen to a better LE agency in the country!

I've googled myself crazy looking for more press on this case and haven't found ANYTHING.

I've googled myself crazy looking for more press on this case and haven't found ANYTHING.

Golfmom,
There isn't any News available on this that I could find in ANY local newspapers it happened in February & just on KSTP News, thats what we're seeing from Trino's post.

We only have a weekly Newspaper its called the New Richmond News. Just dropped the Stillwater Gazette & Courier newspaper off over at my sons house. Will have them look in the morning to see if anything is in it.

My Granddaughter graduated last year with the kid who was so severely injured. A postmaster from Somerset was killed according to my daughter inlaw.

cheko1, please keep us updated if you hear anything. I'm really curious about this case.

cheko1, please keep us updated if you hear anything. I'm really curious about this case.

I will do that golfmom! I've heard a big lawsuit is in the works. Should be hitting the papers pretty soon. Paramedic is still wormking at Lakeview & the Deputy is still working for St Croix County. So it should get interesting.

The paramedic has been written up at least 2 other times apparently for loosing his temper / this incident would be #3. The hospital would fire him / but if they did it would be like they were admitting the paramedic was wrong.

SS I sent you a PM! :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back