Egyptian Pharoh: Natural Transsexual?

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Maybe it is just me...but do these people have WAY too much time on their hands?!?! LOL

BALTIMORE — Akhenaten wasn't the most manly pharaoh, even though he fathered at least a half-dozen children. In fact, his form was quite feminine. And he was a bit of an egghead.

So concludes a Yale University physician who analyzed images of Akhenaten for an annual conference Friday at the University of Maryland School of Medicine on the deaths of historic figures.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353958,00.html

I don't know if I believe this but then again...he, like all pharaohs were products of incest so I am sure he had some issues.

Maybe it is just me...but do these people have WAY too much time on their hands?!?! LOL

BALTIMORE — Akhenaten wasn't the most manly pharaoh, even though he fathered at least a half-dozen children. In fact, his form was quite feminine. And he was a bit of an egghead.

So concludes a Yale University physician who analyzed images of Akhenaten for an annual conference Friday at the University of Maryland School of Medicine on the deaths of historic figures.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353958,00.html
That guy is full of it. Ankenhaten had a disease, and he passed it on to Tutankamun too. Gah, trying to remember what it is. It is characterized by a feminine appearance, LONG fingers, etc. It means they have frail health, and can die from it. Let me look up the name if I can. Be back with info on the disease.... Marfaan's or something like that.

ETA: Yeah, here. (ETA2: And they do know something of him, they have his son to test, Tutankamun.) And read here and here. He wasn't a transexual! How the heck do they think they'd have the medical technology to chop off his penis and testicles and make him female in Ancient Egypt?! He wouldn't do it anyways...he had to make heirs! He also wasn't a hermaphordite either. ETA3: For those who are brave, here are the image search results I got for Marfan Syndrome. Looks like the statues of Ankhenhaten don't they?

Yeah, they mention it in the article:

Egyptologist and archaeologist Donald B. Redford said he supports Braverman's belief that Akhenaten had Marfan syndrome, a genetic disorder marked by lengthened features, including fingers and the face. [Marfan syndrome would not have been responsible for his feminine appearance, however.]

Yeah, they mention it in the article:

Egyptologist and archaeologist Donald B. Redford said he supports Braverman's belief that Akhenaten had Marfan syndrome, a genetic disorder marked by lengthened features, including fingers and the face. [Marfan syndrome would not have been responsible for his feminine appearance, however.]

It would have to some degree, the longer face, breasts, and thighs. ;) But it is also thought that, since he was saying he was the God Aten here on Earth, and Aten was seen as both "Mother and Father" that this is why he was androgynous. ;) Scroll up and read the rest of that article, it's pretty acurate as to what Egyptolgists know about him and his reign. I honestly, would jump at the chance to go to college and study Archeology extensively. It's been a big interest of mine for a long time. I read (devour) whatever I can on the subject. I'm not yet up to what I'd call "Amateur" archeologist, but I may get there someday. Would like to be one. (Then I could see all the art and sculptures and buildings....and learn about how they lived!)

ETA: One reason they don't know too much about Ankhenhaten is that, after his death, his name and likeness were chiseled off in many places where they were carved, they tried to erase him from history. They were cursing him to eternal death. They believed if no one spoke his name, then he'd die. They (The Priest caste) did this also to the woman who served as Regent/Pharoh as well. They've found things (records, tomb carvings that were intact, hidden temple carvings I think, etc.) that survive to tell them something of his life, and reign though.

Awwww, Kat can ya just let me believe there was a Tranny Pharoh? LOL

So what you are saying is that this is a battle of genetic profiling, Kat? It just boggled my mind so early this morning why these people even cared. LOL

Awwww, Kat can ya just let me believe there was a Tranny Pharoh? LOL
Well, I suppose. He did wear a wig...and eyeliner too. And sheer cotton flowing garments to boot! :eek::crazy: (Cause that was the fashion, and it was *HOT* there so if they weren't outside working in the sun they'd wear finely woven linen so thin it was sheer.

Well, I suppose. He did wear a wig...and eyeliner too. And sheer cotton flowing garments to boot! :eek::crazy: (Cause that was the fashion, and it was *HOT* there so if they weren't outside working in the sun they'd wear finely woven linen so thin it was sheer.

LOL They better have been good wigs. Nothing worse than a Tranny with a bad wig. Oh boy am I aware of the garments and such. My mom has enough prints and statues of these Egyptian Pharoah's around her house.

Seems to me our founding fathers wore wigs and who honestly knows what the climate was back in those days and wore heavier clothing. Even the experts dont seem to agree on the point over the climate in that area.

It would have to some degree, the longer face, breasts, and thighs. ;) But it is also thought that, since he was saying he was the God Aten here on Earth, and Aten was seen as both "Mother and Father" that this is why he was androgynous. ;) Scroll up and read the rest of that article, it's pretty acurate as to what Egyptolgists know about him and his reign. I honestly, would jump at the chance to go to college and study Archeology extensively. It's been a big interest of mine for a long time. I read (devour) whatever I can on the subject. I'm not yet up to what I'd call "Amateur" archeologist, but I may get there someday. Would like to be one. (Then I could see all the art and sculptures and buildings....and learn about how they lived!)

ETA: One reason they don't know too much about Ankhenhaten is that, after his death, his name and likeness were chiseled off in many places where they were carved, they tried to erase him from history. They were cursing him to eternal death. They believed if no one spoke his name, then he'd die. They (The Priest caste) did this also to the woman who served as Regent/Pharoh as well. They've found things (records, tomb carvings that were intact, hidden temple carvings I think, etc.) that survive to tell them something of his life, and reign though.

Loved this post Katk. My ultimate dream is to be a cultural anthropologist. I stopped halfway. If we both keep moving in that direction we could end up working at some fascinating digs together! Archeologist and anthropologist!

KatK is absolutely right about the theories on Akhenaton (Amenhotep IV). He is one of the most fascinating historical figures of ancient Egypt. He founded a new religion based on the (one) solar orb, Aton, and attempted to reinstate the worship of the pharaoh that had declined with the collapse of the Old Kingdom period almost a millennium earlier. He was hated by much of the population and, especially, by the priest of Amon-Re (the primary deity of the time)for the dramatic reform and established a new capital, Akhetaten (Tell Amarna) far from the traditional religious and political centers. It is unknown if Tutankhamen is a descendant of Akhenaton's as there is much confusion in the documentation of the Egyptian successions, and especially during this time of turmoil following Akhentaton's death and the reinstatement of the Amon-Re cult. However, all of the royalty were related due to the practice of brother-sister and cousin marriage.

The art of the Amarna period is known for its realism and detail. Akhenaton's images have attracted much attention due to the distinct physical characteristics that they portray, not only in Akhenaton, but his wife, Nefertiti, and their three daughters. I believe that the Marfan syndrome theory is the most reasonable based on the evidence that we have. It is always interesting to read new ideas, but usually the truth is less exciting and less conspiratorial than the latest popular theory.

He founded a new religion based on the (one) solar orb, Aton.......

......He was hated by much of the population and, especially, by the priest of Amon-Re (the primary deity of the time)for the dramatic reform and established a new capital, Akhetaten (Tell Amarna) far from the traditional religious and political centers.

It was an extremely radical thing to do wasn't it? Coming from a culture steeped in polytheism with a powerful and revered priesthood, asserting his monotheistic views and moving his capital city to virgin territory and building a brand new one.

I've always thought that He and Nefertiti looked very similar in the artwork that still remains. Very ethereal, both of them. Young, rich, powerful and with controversial religious beliefs that bucked the traditions of their day.

In some ways they were the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes of ancient Egypt!

Seems to me our founding fathers wore wigs and who honestly knows what the climate was back in those days and wore heavier clothing. Even the experts dont seem to agree on the point over the climate in that area.
It may not have been as hot there as it is now, but it is still in the tropical zones, and would be warm enough that skimpy, sheer clothing would be worn when not working in the sun. ;) The wigs, if I am recalling correctly were half fashion, so the hair was always perfect, and half to help control things like flea infestations, correct? Many people cropped their hair close and wore wigs. I'm going to have to go back and read the Book of the Dead again someday, it was fascinating to read the various chants/charms in it. Especially the ceremony of the Opening of the Mouth and the like. Interesting also, that they feel a person's true self was centered in the heart, not the mind. I am recalling that correctly, right? They believed people had 3 er, souls, one of which had to eat/drink and I think it also could inhabit the statue made for that purpose, one could travel, and one was the embodiment of the person's true self and would be weighed by the scale against a feather with Thoth to record the results? *going back to read again*

ETA: Pardon, at least 5 parts to a person aside from their body. (Which must be preserved.) Read this, scroll down to about p. 180 here if you are interested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back