MO - Parents Abandon Three Year Old

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Pregnant India Dale and her boyfriend Terry Stringer decided for some reason to abandon thier 3 year old daughter at a hospital. They left the child outside the hospital, but she chased back after them. The ever caring momster Dale then took the child's hand and walked her inside the hospital. About an hour later the upstanding Stringer came back to the hospital all beligerent demanding to get his child. WTH?http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354334,00.html

A hundred bucks says they try to sue someone.

The sorry excuse for a mother is also pregnant.:furious:

Why do people think children are a temporary toy? You do not return them when you are sick of playing with them and they become work. I just can't understand these people. And I'm a psych major!

Then again, perhaps she did so to protect her daughter. From my read, she eventually went into the hospital and was in the process of speaking with hospital personnel when the man came back in "demanding his baby back." Was she afraid for this child's life? Her own? I don't know. What I do know is that, anytime a woman's boyfriend kills a child, the outrage is understandably palpable.

Regardless of what happened, this story highlights a very real problem. What about a "safe haven" for older children? From the article, it sounds like that wasn't an option for this couple. Imho, until we not only expand such programs but provide training and "real" support for young people, young mothers who are overwhelmed, we will continue reading stories about murdered children. I personally, am glad that this wasn't one.

Then again, perhaps she did so to protect her daughter. From my read, she eventually went into the hospital and was in the process of speaking with hospital personnel when the man came back in "demanding his baby back." Was she afraid for this child's life? Her own? I don't know. What I do know is that, anytime a woman's boyfriend kills a child, the outrage is understandably palpable.

Regardless of what happened, this story highlights a very real problem. What about a "safe haven" for older children? From the article, it sounds like that wasn't an option for this couple. Imho, until we not only expand such programs but provide training and "real" support for young people, young mothers who are overwhelmed, we will continue reading stories about murdered children. I personally, am glad that this wasn't one.

Can you post a link? From what I read police were interviewing the child when the dad "using term loosely" came back in demanding his child. I would love nothing more than for this to be a case of a mom trying to protect her child.

Can you post a link? From what I read police were interviewing the child when the dad "using term loosely" came back in demanding his child. I would love nothing more than for this to be a case of a mom trying to protect her child.
You're right, I misread. From the original link, this is the bit I was referring to.
India Dale, 23, took her daughter back inside the hospital's front doors before running to a waiting car.

As police tried to interview the girl, Dale's boyfriend, Terry Singer, 25, returned to the hospital within the hour demanding "his baby," the Web site reported.
I see now that the interviewee was the child, and not the mother. I still have mixed feelings about this. The woman didn't leave the little girl on the street to get hit, she took her into the hospital. And while it may turn out to be a case where they both abandoned the child, it is still preferable to the things we read about here.

You're right, I misread. From the original link, this is the bit I was referring to.
India Dale, 23, took her daughter back inside the hospital's front doors before running to a waiting car.

As police tried to interview the girl, Dale's boyfriend, Terry Singer, 25, returned to the hospital within the hour demanding "his baby," the Web site reported.
I see now that the interviewee was the child, and not the mother. I still have mixed feelings about this. The woman didn't leave the little girl on the street to get hit, she took her into the hospital. And while it may turn out to be a case where they both abandoned the child, it is still preferable to the things we read about here.

I agree. I just hope they don't give the child back after parenting classes.

I agree. I just hope they don't give the child back after parenting classes.
Absolutely! And I also hope they do a thorough investigation into what this was all about. Esp, with another one on the way.

This is the only other thing I could find on this case. This link says the tape showed the mother "pulling" the child out of the car and leaving her there. When the dad was at the hospital they summoned the mother who showed up, and they arrested her.http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/603177.html

Poor little girl.. I can just picture her running after her mommy and daddy ... How sad and heartless.
Some people really do not deserve to have children!

The mental stress this could put on a tiny little child has to be just too much. It's traumatic and it's abuse. :furious:

why is anyone saying these people need to have their child back? NO WAY!
I am gld they left her at a hospital where she would be safe but really, if they gave her back think of all the years of them telling her "You wanna go back to the hospital? or "Pick up your toys or we will drop you at the hospital".

Parenting classes are out of the question here. Next time they will just kill her and dump her body somewhere.
They should not have custody of the baby this witch is about to have either.

I'm so sad for that little girl. The reality is they probably will get her back. I can't believe that this woman is pregnant...why would you want another child? I do hope that child welfare keeps a close eye on this family.

Poor little girl.. I can just picture her running after her mommy and daddy ... How sad and heartless.

I had the same visual, 3 years old, she's just old enough to remember this for the rest of her life. My heartbreaks for this little girl. :(

Shadow, I have the same concern. There is a safe haven for new babies. I wonder how many children be saved if there was a safe haven for toddlers and older children.

You rarely hear of an episode like this because parents would be slung through the mud and be charged with abandonment, etc.

Just think about it. Why isn't there an easier process for birth parents who have no alternatives to providing the correct environment for their child to relinquish them? There is nothing advertising where someone can take their child and say they no longer can care for them or they fear for their safety, etc.

As far as I know we are reactive and wait for something to happen to children before we take take them away. I wonder how many parents would come forward if they knew of opportunities like this? I know is would be traumatic for them, but in the long run wouldn't they better off? I would think it would be better to be starving, living in filth, beaten, sexually abused or killed.

Gah this breaks my heart. This child will never forget this memory and will carry the damage forever.

I have a feeling they were using the hospital as a babysitter while they did something else. Drugs, maybe?

AGREEEE!!!!:behindbar:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I have a feeling they were using the hospital as a babysitter while they did something else. Drugs, maybe?

You might be onto something there. My "feeling" was that they did this to try to scare the girl. Kind of the old "I will leave you here" thing and then your parents would circle the block or something. I can't agree with it any which way, but like others have said, at least she was left in a safe place, not murdered, or left on the streets.

ITA with the idea of a "safe haven" for older children.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back