Evidence of the Biblical flood?

Karole28

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
At the southern end of Madagascar lie four enormous wedge-shaped sediment deposits, called chevrons, that are composed of material from the ocean floor. Each covers twice the area of Manhattan with sediment as deep as the Chrysler Building is high.

On close inspection, the chevron deposits contain deep ocean microfossils that are fused with a medley of metals typically formed by cosmic impacts. And all of them point in the same direction — toward the middle of the Indian Ocean where a newly discovered crater, 18 miles in diameter, lies 12,500 feet below the surface.

The explanation is obvious to some scientists. A large asteroid or comet, the kind that could kill a quarter of the world’s population, smashed into the Indian Ocean 4,800 years ago, producing a tsunami at least 600 feet high, about 13 times as big as the one that inundated Indonesia nearly two years ago. The wave carried the huge deposits of sediment to land.

Click!

wave.600.jpg

wow! We are not hardcore Christians here but I totally believe a flood happened. I am glad proof is coming forward.

wow! We are not hardcore Christians here but I totally believe a flood happened. I am glad proof is coming forward.

I believe that a flood happened as well. There is a flood story in virtually every religious tradition on every continent, which is too big of a coincidence not to be true, IMHO.

I love when science figures out stuff like this. I would be curious to hear more about what they find. A tsunami 13 times the size of the recent one gives me shivers to even contemplate. Terrifying!

I believe that a flood happened as well. There is a flood story in virtually every religious tradition on every continent, which is too big of a coincidence not to be true, IMHO.

that's right angelmom ... i learned about that in my world civilizations class !!!! i don't know if i believe it word for word how the Bible puts it, as my daddy taught me that the Bible is representational, not literal. (ps, we're Jewish so when I say Bible I'm referring to the Old Testament.)

I think that is fascinating too!

I know that the symbol for ship in the Chinese langauage literally means

VESSEL + EIGHT + MOUTH (or Persons) = SHIP

Recently I was watching a BBC Northern Ireland tv series about the geological history of Ireland and the evidence shows that because of huge changes in the climate, ice age & then thaw for example, that Ireland was at one time totally submerged beneath the sea.

To this day there is a salt mine in Ireland mining rock salt from that period of submersion. The salt is used here on the roads and some of it even makes it's way across to the USA for use on your roads lol.

Isn't it funny how everything ends up being connected? Floods, ice ages & thaws somehow culminating to make travelling in winter that little bit safer.

blaize,
I'd love to watch the BBC special about Ireland. It sounds fascinating.

Hi philamena, it's actually part of a series and if I can find a link for it I'll post it later. it's really interesting stuff because in Ireland we're literally living on top of our ancestors.

Every time the government wants to build a new road they have to declare all the archaeological monuments they may have to damage or whatever and if during the course of building they unearth a 'new' bronze or iron age or Viking settlement work has to stop so it can be assessed. Makes getting any new roads a bit of a testy subject for all involved I can tell you lol.

blaize,
I'd love to watch the BBC special about Ireland. It sounds fascinating.

Oh wow! Please post the link.
You obviously live in a treasured archaeological section of Ireland.
This 'flood' news is very exciting.

The whole island of Ireland is about half the size of Illinois so everyone here lives on top of archeology lol.

I think this link will give you a sense of what the series was about though.

I think this flood news is quite exciting too philamena, I be really interested to see what kind of archeology they can find, if any in the raised sediment pillars.

Oh wow! Please post the link.
You obviously live in a treasured archaeological section of Ireland.
This 'flood' news is very exciting.

just south of the Mexico border is a place called Rosarito, and they have an archeology find there showing 10,000 years ago when the water was 160 feet lower there was a huge advanced civilization living there.

They are trying to keep the artifact hunters from stripping it before it is studied.

The question is, now that our oceans have 160 more feet of water, how much bigger would it be and further would it travel if one struck now?

I believe the Bible literally and think it says where something "has the appearance of" in descriptions. There has to be scientific proof of the flood that covered the earth since it did happen.

Hi philamena, it's actually part of a series and if I can find a link for it I'll post it later. it's really interesting stuff because in Ireland we're literally living on top of our ancestors.

Every time the government wants to build a new road they have to declare all the archaeological monuments they may have to damage or whatever and if during the course of building they unearth a 'new' bronze or iron age or Viking settlement work has to stop so it can be assessed. Makes getting any new roads a bit of a testy subject for all involved I can tell you lol.

Has Ireland ever done offshore studies to see what is covered under 160 feet of water?

according to the bible the flood happened within the last 10,000 years...

I love this kind of news! It's very interesting and exciting!!

The whole island of Ireland is about half the size of Illinois so everyone here lives on top of archeology lol.

I think this link will give you a sense of what the series was about though.

I think this flood news is quite exciting too philamena, I be really interested to see what kind of archeology they can find, if any in the raised sediment pillars.
blaize,
I checked out your link...what a wealth of information.
I did the walk through time tour. Who knew???

Why has it taken all these years to make this possible discovery about the flood?
Surely archeologist considered this area before?

Isn't it amazing stuff philamena and such fun too ?

Oh I bet they have looked at it before but sometimes they relook at things and try to reinterpret them again in light of new perspectives or knowledge.

blaize,
I checked out your link...what a wealth of information.
I did the walk through time tour. Who knew???

Why has it taken all these years to make this possible discovery about the flood?
Surely archeologist considered this area before?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back