Thread No. 23 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh WOW!! This sounds like so much fun and fabulous for people to organize this! I hope they get a large turnout (with lots of media)! I wish I lived there because I'd sure go!
Thanks Saint for posting this!:)

Speaking of prosecutors, NC is dead last in the country for *advertiser censored*. DA salaries. 3 years of expensive law school and the Bar exam nets them only
$39,000 to start in NC :eek:

No wonder most cross to the dark side after a few years.

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/2776405/

obviously the aren't motivated by going after a high job salary.
they are a breed apart; they seek justice for those who have been wronged.

i salute them.

The buyers of the house backed out before closing.
After nearly a year on the market , another $10,000 price drop :boohoo:

First listed at $424,900, price reduced to $409,900, price further reduced to $399,000, then $389,000..now $379,000
http://www.ysuhomes.com/idx/search/...direction=asc&currentpage=1&trans=residentialhttp://www.ysuhomes.com/idx/search/...ACE6-22F31EF58893&showimages=True&numberperpa

How much did they pay for the house and when did they buy it? The market is really bad, even for the best homes, without any history as this one.

I think it is going to get worse for Jason IMO. Also, the housing market is really bad as most of us know.

A lot of wasted cash spent on a house that has sat empty for 18 months.
....$45,000 +/- in mortgage payments + a $40,000 price drop :dance:

A lot of wasted cash spent on a house that has sat empty for 18 months.
....$45,000 +/- in mortgage payments + a $40,000 price drop :dance:

Good. It's all part of Karma. Thanks again for the updates.

Wonder why he didn't let it go into foreclosure. He wasn't going to get much out of the first asking price anyways, was he? Did you see Nan's question? Do you know what they paid for it?

Good. It's all part of Karma. Thanks again for the updates.

Wonder why he didn't let it go into foreclosure. He wasn't going to get much out of the first asking price anyways, was he? Did you see Nan's question? Do you know what they paid for it?
They paid $379,000 5-20-05. It was mortgaged at $365k with both a first and 2nd. This was a mere 1 1/2 years before the murder. Obviously this purchase was a stretch at the time since they needed a 2nd mortgage to cover the downpayment. I think financial pressures began to mount very quickly and he concocted his first plan to kill her after Christmas of 2005, insisting on the $1mm / $2mm life insurance before the 5/06 river wreck.

They paid $379,000 5-20-05. It was mortgaged at $365k with both a first and 2nd. This was a mere 1 1/2 years before the murder. Obviously this purchase was a stretch at the time since they needed a 2nd mortgage to cover the downpayment. I think financial pressures began to mount very quickly and he concocted his first plan to kill her after Christmas of 2005, insisting on the $1mm / $2mm life insurance before the 5/06 river wreck.

Thank you! I've made a note of this so I don't have to ask you again.:)Thanks for being so patient with us.
Yeah, I think the financial pressure was on him the day he signed those mortgage papers. Cassidy would have just turned one. And it doesn't sound like they curbed expenses when they bought the house.
Probably one reason why he took his family to Ca - just said to heck with it!

http://wral.com/news/local/video/2864483/

Video of Linda and Meredith from Saturday's memorial to Michelle.

Justice for Michelle and Rylan

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-05-10-0007.html
From NBC 17, Raleigh NC Donnie Harrison attended the event, but Jason and Cassidy weren't there!

Thanks Sweet! I saw the photos which Scout posted. Can't get over Meredith. She looks absolutely fabulous and it was good to see Linda (God Bless Her) able to smile more today. I'm so happy that she had the support of LE there.

Thanks sweetmop for the links. Michelle's family loves her so much and it is apparent. I hope there is justice for Michelle soon as well as her family.

Thanks, sweetmop!

I can't believe WRAL didn't mention that Jason and Cassidy weren't there. :mad:

Linda and Meredith both look beautiful and I pray they get justice for Michelle very soon. Seeing those pictures of Michelle with Cassidy got the tears going here. I feel so sorry for Cassidy because who knows what she remembers of her sweet mommy by now.

From the NBC17 link:
"The one that I love most was when I was at her grave. We had an angel there, and a ladybug came and just sat on the angel's head," said Linda Fisher, Michelle's mother. "And I thought, you know, she's there. She's with us. And it feels good."

Why is Cassidy's face blurred out in that picture? Did they just do that?

They did that way back in early 2007 with an earlier article.
I am not sure why they continue to show that, as their video has numerous shots of Cassidy taken from her still shots at the event :waitasec:

Yep. They were way over their heads. I wonder if Jason talked Michelle into buying such an expensive home at such a young age. Didn't they realize that you have to work your way up to that house? Plus, his spending was out of control. Did he ever hold down a steady job? After that first attempt, I would have dropped the life insurance on myself like a hot potato. Heck, my husband refuses to get life insurance now and sleeps with one eye open. ;) He says that I am too interested in crime... :eek:

Why didn't Jason use Michelle's 401k money to pay off the home? Did he just blow that money? How about her life insurance money? Did he get it? I hope not.

Yep. They were way over their heads. I wonder if Jason talked Michelle into buying such an expensive home at such a young age. Didn't they realize that you have to work your way up to that house? Plus, his spending was out of control. Did he ever hold down a steady job? After that first attempt, I would have dropped the life insurance on myself like a hot potato. Heck, my husband refuses to get life insurance now and sleeps with one eye open. ;) He says that I am too interested in crime... :eek:

Why didn't Jason use Michelle's 401k money to pay off the home? Did he just blow that money? How about her life insurance money? Did he get it? I hope not.

I understand her 401k was only +/- $25,000.
If he cashed out, it would be subject to a 10% penalty and income taxes. leaving < $16,000. Remember, he paid >$40,000 in mortgage payments on that empty house over the last 18 months :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni