Jenna Bush Gets Married

Glow

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For the small town of Crawford, Texas, the wedding of their favorite son George W. Bush's daughter Jenna and her fiancé Henry Hager on Saturday is turning into a royal celebration.

"If you thought the excitement for Princess Diana and Charles's wedding was big, you should visit Crawford!" says wedding and event planner Steve Kemble.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20198914,00.html

Aww I wish them the best of luck! Such a beautiful girl So lady like just like her mother. :blowkiss: to the new bride and groom!

It's going to be warm here for an outdoor wedding. Although has been getting a little cooler in the evenings.

I don't blame her for wanting to have it at the ranch and not at the White House. The dresses that the designer has done for the attendants look very cute. They look like a cute couple.

She is adorable, seems totally down to earth!

ITA. 200 people is practically "intimate" for a wedding on this social level. I don't know how they kept the list that small.

I hope it goes off without a hitch and she has a wonderful day.

The local news stations are just swamped with everthing Jenna today. I think she's a beautiful young woman and her husband-to-be seems adorable. I heard he asked President and Mrs. Bush and her twin Barbara for her hand in marriage. What a thoughtful thing to do. I don't blame her for not wanting to get married at the White House. What a mess that would be. Its very muggy this afternoon, so hopefully they've got some cooling fans going.

I think it's great that she's not doing a big WH shindig. She's staying true to herself, and obviously loves Texas and her home. That's so cool! They sure make a cute couple. I hope they are happy ever after!

Sooo, no protestors on the land surrounding their ranch?

No, the protestors weren't invited :crazy:

I think it's great that she's not doing a big WH shindig. She's staying true to herself, and obviously loves Texas and her home. That's so cool! They sure make a cute couple. I hope they are happy ever after!

The local news stations are just swamped with everthing Jenna today. I think she's a beautiful young woman and her husband-to-be seems adorable. I heard he asked President and Mrs. Bush and her twin Barbara for her hand in marriage. What a thoughtful thing to do. I don't blame her for not wanting to get married at the White House. What a mess that would be. Its very muggy this afternoon, so hopefully they've got some cooling fans going.

He proposed to her on this mountain in Acadia National Park, Maine.

I've been bugging my husband to take me there for years; it's a beautiful park and great for hiking.

I, too, wish the happy couple a lasting and love-filled marriage. They look perfect together. I saw Jenna interviewed recently and was so impressed with the class she has so naturally. I thought she was an adorable Mini Me, and so well spoken. Happy Wedding Date, Jenna!

The article says that she could've had a Princess Diana style wedding, and it would've been watched worldwide. Instant celebrity status for her.

I like that she chose against that. The secret service are probably very grateful as well.

I hope she has a happy marriage. Her parents have always seemed happy together, so she would've learned from them.

Wonderful for them. I love her Mom, they have a nice family. How blessed she is to still have Grandparents alive for the event, that she still has her Dad to walk her down the aisle. Just perfect. God Bless them with many year's of love and lot's of babies!

I've been bugging my husband to take me there for years; it's a beautiful park and great for hiking.

Oh my God!!! I didn't know that. How romantic!!! Get that hubby of your's to get some time off of work and take you there!!!

I heard that from Laura Bush (I believe). He timed the proposal the same time the sun was rising. How very romantic.

Very cute couple. I am also glad they didn't do the WH thing as that would have rained on their parade. This way it is their day no one else's but close family and friends.

She sure looks like her daddy! I always thought she should have been Barbara and her sister Jenna, since she looks like the Bush side. Barbara looks more like Laura.

I want to see wedding pictures!

Betcha there aren't any paparazzi in helicopters hovering overhead!

Funny you should mention that. The Crawford Peace House, usually the prime leader in Crawford protests, elected to not conduct any protests out of respect. I think that's wonderful. However, one of the anti-gay protest groups were still talking of it. Don't know if they showed up today or not.

Last night we had a fluke of a wild hailstorm that went right over Crawford. It was so weird - gorgeous night, no wind, perfect temp, and then a hailstorm 2 hrs later. Crawford got it good for about 30 minutes. What a difference a day makes - right now it's in the low 80's and pretty humid, but the sun was trying to shine the most at about 7:30pm, the time the wedding was supposed to start. Mr DD and I were talking about that. Pretty neat.

Oh good, deputydawg, I'm glad to hear that they made that decision. Why ruin his dd's special day. Yay for them!!

OK, is the new hubby a little too perfect or am I just an old geezer? lol

Oh good, deputydawg, I'm glad to hear that they made that decision. Why ruin his dd's special day. Yay for them!!

OK, is the new hubby a little too perfect or am I just an old geezer? lol

LOL, I had also wondered about Henry. We all have seen snippets of Jenna over the course of the years, but Henry has stayed out of the limelight through all this. I'm curious to see what his personality is like. She seems like a strong and fun gal....

I heard that from Laura Bush (I believe). He timed the proposal the same time the sun was rising. How very romantic.

ahhhhhh very romantic.
I wish Jenna and her new hubby the best.:clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects