Jenna Bush Gets Married

ITA. Jenna is a beautiful bride and looks so happy. The pictures of her reading to the kids and with her mom are great too.

Does anyone else think it is weird that there is only one pic of Barbara and that she wore white to her sister's wedding? She almost looked like she could have been the bride!

Barbara wore a really light blue dress that looks almost white in the pics:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20199160,00.html

snip

The Wedding Dress

Jenna, 26, in an embroidered organza Oscar de la Renta gown, was attended by twin sister Barbara, the maid of honor, who wore a dress of moonstone blue shimmer with a silver sash. De la Renta, a close friend of the family, also designed First Lady Laura Bush's deep turquoise "mother-of-the-bride" gown.

White House spokeswoman Sally McDonough said the colors – from the dresses to the décor – were selected to mirror the "very natural" colors of the central Texas landscape: the blues of the lake where Bush fishes for bass, the greens of Mrs. Bush's prized buffalo grass (native grass that she restored to the property) and the lavendar, yellow and blue of the wildflowers.

Beautiful just as I figured they would be! I love love love all the pictures! it was Jenna's day and all went as planned! Sooo happy for her! :blowkiss:

They are the bridal party, but usually they don't walk down the isle, like the bridesmaids.

Usually they have assignments - like serve the punch or greet people, etc. Usually they don't have to get a special dress, but DO wear a corsage.

My daughter did the same thing, she only had a maid of honor and they all wore a simple, black dress. Nobody got their feelings hurt as to whether they were asked to be bridesmaid/house party.

But did you see this issue of People Magazine? Brides are now asking MEN to be in their bridal party. BRIDESMEN! It's kinda cute

Thanks for the reply. I like that idea of a house party.
I had a man in my bridal party. My ex-husband also had a close female friend on his side.

Thanks for the reply. I like that idea of a house party.
I had a man in my bridal party. My ex-husband also had a close female friend on his side.

YOu're welcome!!! I planned ONE wedding, for my daughter, and thank God that's all. (it was great, but one is enough for me) :)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:(oops...sorry too)

looks like it was perfect and I LOVE the dress!!!

Why does Pres Bush always look so uncomfortable in photos???

They also are going to have a reception back in Washington.

They would have spent MORE Gasoline if they'd had to fly all the Texas friends and relatives up to Washington for a wedding.

I know what you mean, though, about the expense of it all.

Alot of Brides now are choosing to have GREEN weddings. No throw-aways; reusable dresses, etc. Compost the flowers, etc. he he Or grow your own flowers I guess.

Organic food, he he; fresh grown from the garden. Pretty neat Idea. Personally, most wedding cakes taste like garbage and should be thrown into the trash. :)

I was hoping for a White House wedding but I guess during wartime that would not be appropriate.

I am very happy for the both of them and I am so glad there have been no negative posts regarding this (for obvious political reasons). She did make such a beautiful bride and I agree with the previous posts on how down to earth she is :)

jenna_bush240.jpg

They look gorgeous!

I am so in love with her Oscar de la Renta dress! Her smile is absolutely lovely.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back