MO - Megan Meier, 13, Mentally Abused, Commits Suicide

I'm glad she's being charged. :woohoo: I think this is also good news in general that LE is starting to take cyber crimes more seriously!

Agree, but I do wonder if this will make it to court. Should be interesting to hear the testimony if it does.

I was JUST talking to a friend of mine about this case last week and saying how unfair it was that Lori Drew had not gotten charged with anything in this case. Bravo to the federal prosecutors who indicted her!

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm thrilled to hear that Lori Drew will be held accountable for the pain and suffering she caused. She was the adult!

Finally, I am glad that they found a way to charge her. I can not image an adult doing that to any child.

Glad to hear this obnoxious woman has to face the music.

My DIL's maiden name is Megan Meier, so this story gripped me from the beginning.

While I am glad they found something to charge her with, and I do think she was VERY wrong, I don't feel she was ultimately responsible for Megan's death.

I do think she is responsible. She is an adult using bullying psychological attacks which directly led to this girl's death.

If Megan would have gone to the school and shot people before she took her life...people would want this woman's head on a platter. Just because Megan decided to kill only herself in this scenario doesn't mean this woman is any less culpable in creating the situation. The woman is lucky her daughter and others are still alive.

Are they going to charge Grills for her part?

Unfortunately, Ms Grills was granted immunity for her testimony to the grand jury. You can read on thesmokinggun.com

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0515082ashley1.html

It's really telling how she tries remove as much blame from herself and hoist it all on Lori Drew and her daugther. There a few instances where Ms Grills testifies that she repeatedly tried to tell Ms Drew and her daughter that they were "going too far" and they needed to stop. Almost laughable if the situation wasn't so serious.

I do think she is responsible. She is an adult using bullying psychological attacks which directly led to this girl's death.

If Megan would have gone to the school and shot people before she took her life...people would want this woman's head on a platter. Just because Megan decided to kill only herself in this scenario doesn't mean this woman is any less culpable in creating the situation. The woman is lucky her daughter and others are still alive.

IMO Megan's parents should have never allowed her online unsupervised nor should she have had a MySpace Account. They knew she was emotionally unstable and allowing a child on the Internet unsupervised is just like sending them to NYC for the day alone!

IMO Megan's parents should have never allowed her online unsupervised nor should she have had a MySpace Account. They knew she was emotionally unstable and allowing a child on the Internet unsupervised is just like sending them to NYC for the day alone!

Nonetheless, a senseless tragedy! Another live of a youth (and a beautiful girl from the photos I saw) snuffed out by the actions of an immature adult who preyed upon her emotions!
How can they think it was a joke to anyone to say "the world would be a better place without you"???:furious:

Nonetheless, a senseless tragedy! Another live of a youth (and a beautiful girl from the photos I saw) snuffed out by the actions of an immature adult who preyed upon her emotions!
How can they think it was a joke to anyone to say "the world would be a better place without you"???:furious:

I would slap that sick twisted woman silly!

:clap::clap::clap:

I was glad to see this. I hope they make it stick!

I hope Drew is found guilty and serves a full sentence. whatever it may be.
(I also hope someone beats her fat &**^%$$ when she's in prison.) How dare she taunt a young teen until she committed suicide. A 13 year old.

3_61_meier_megan.jpg

I was glad to see this. I hope they make it stick!

If the Federal charges were to stick, hundreds of millions (if not billions) of internet users would be open to similar felony charges. Keep a close eye on your wishes.

Wudge:

Wouldn't the difference be "intent" and "malicious"?? I'm sure millions (billions) of internet users do not intentionally and maliciously use the internet the way Lori Drew did.

If the Federal charges were to stick, hundreds of millions (if not billions) of internet users would be open to similar felony charges. Keep a close eye on your wishes.
No you should keep a close eye on your mouth and fingers. People know what's right and wrong.

Wudge:

Wouldn't the difference be "intent" and "malicious"?? I'm sure millions (billions) of internet users do not intentionally and maliciously use the internet the way Lori Drew did.

Intent will almost assuredly be a defense issue. However, given the statutes under which she was charged, I think the far greater issue will be what does it mean to access a computer and when does it become unauthorized.

ETA: The prosecutors are saying that violating TOS (Terms Of Service) constitutes a felony.

For those interested in the details of the charges, I've uploaded the case documents (US v Lori Drew) to my document repository (click here).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back