OMG - Steven Curtis Chapman's 5 year old daughter Maria killed in auto accident!

pedinurse

Former Member
Reaction score
Daughter of gospel star hit, killed by car

Steven Curtis Chapman’s 5-year-old struck by car driven by her brother

APTRANS.gif
updated 1 hour, 44 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The 5-year-old daughter of Grammy-winning Christian music star Steven Curtis Chapman was struck and killed Wednesday by a sport utility vehicle driven by her brother, authorities said.
The girl, Maria, was hit in the driveway of the family’s home Wednesday afternoon by a Toyota Land Cruiser driven by her teenage brother, said Laura McPherson, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24766629/

http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/

This is SO SAD. I was just looking at his albums today online. :( They will need many prayers.

Awwww that is horrible. How awful for her brother to have to live with such a tragedy. :( I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

What a horrible family tragedy. I have good friends who work in the operating area at Vanderbilt children's - one is a nurse and one is a perfusionist. I know that they have wonderful physicians and staff there in the ER and trauma area as well - top of the top. I know they would have gone above and beyond at that hospital for any child. How SAD!! It brought tears to my eyes... this man and his wife have done so much to bring children to good families and to provide a loving home to his own children - biological and adopted. I feel so bad that this happened to them! And yes, what a horrible thing for his older son to have to live with! My prayers are with them all!

How sad! Prayers with the family and especially the brother who hit her.

oh my gosh, I used to do promotions for his tours. :( How sad. He's a good man with a good family. I feel so bad for them right now.

OMG how awful!
Poor Maria, may she rest in peace.
Her poor brother, how will he recover.

This happened to a neighbor of ours a few years ago and it was a double tragedy. A grandfather was backing out of his driveway and ran over his 3 yr old grandson. When he realized what he'd done, he pulled back over the toddler killing him. The grandfather got out of the car, ran to the toddler and died of a massive heart attack. :(

That family is still suffering which is understandable.

OMG how awful!
Poor Maria, may she rest in peace.
Her poor brother, how will he recover.

This happened to a neighbor of ours a few years ago and it was a double tragedy. A grandfather was backing out of his driveway and ran over his 3 yr old grandson. When he realized what he'd done, he pulled back over the toddler killing him. The grandfather got out of the car, ran to the toddler and died of a massive heart attack. :(

That family is still suffering which is understandable.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that has got to be one of the worst stories i have ever been told!!!

pedinurse,
It was awful. The little boy's family lived 2 streets over from us and we could hear the grandmother and her daughter screaming and crying. It was sooooooo sad. :(

That so terrible.Ive always loved his music.One of the best contempory Christian artists out there.Prayers for him and his family.

Thank God they are such strong Christians, they are going to need their faith. Prayers sent their way...just awful.

This is the saddest thing. Prayers to the family and brother who hit her.

I just don't know how anyone can possibly recover from something like this, but I pray that they find a way. One tragedy in a family is enough, but for the poor teenaged brother to have to live with this accident is just too much!!!

This is so sad. My heart breaks for this family. Prayers for healing and prayers for the young boy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back