WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

So far i have read they believe the other three feet to be mens ,they were in like size 12 mens shoes.They are keeping all details close to them.I have heard rumors of it being the gangs down there,also something about some guys who went missing on an aircraft.But if you crashed a plane would all of your right feet just happen to float up on the shoreline?

An AP article in our newspaper refers to these as "severed" feet, and quotes PC Annie Linteau as saying that there is no evidence to suggest any of the feet were forcibly removed.

If I severed a chicken's head, I'd sure consider that using force.

These severed right feet are the strangest thing I've heard in a long, long while. If they were bare feet, that would be slightly different, but all wearing sneakers makes the loss of the feet horribly suspicious. These people certainly did not go into a hospital to have a foot removed.

Why is this thread in the Parking Lot? There is surely a nut running loose in BC. What in the world happened to the people who lost the feet?

I just happened upon this post and wondered the same thing.

I was honestly hoping it was simply medical waste disposed of improperly. But I don't think anyone would put shoes on the feet first:confused: But then again...ya just never know.

Curt Ebbesmyer is a Seattle Oceanographer who was quoted in the link of the original post. He's a leading expert on floating objects and says family members of people lost in boating accidents have sought his advice on weather the severed feet could belong to their loved ones.

Ebbesmyer has now said thought "It's beginning to look strange we aren't finding the other body parts". Interesting as well is that Nike puts serial numbers on each other sneakers. Not certain if each running shoe was Nike though.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=a867ec60-7d81-4f93-84fc-f9bd3ba79d56

I just happened upon this post and wondered the same thing.

I believe the thread was moved due to early posting that was not well received, and glib. Once it was established this situation appears to be both criminal and not some sort of joke, that stopped. Does anyone know if it is appropriate to email the mods, have this thread locked and got to a new one for a new thread.

Curt Ebbesmyer is a Seattle Oceanographer who was quoted in the link of the original post. He's a leading expert on floating objects and says family members of people lost in boating accidents have sought his advice on weather the severed feet could belong to their loved ones.

Ebbesmyer has now said thought "It's beginning to look strange we aren't finding the other body parts". Interesting as well is that Nike puts serial numbers on each other sneakers. Not certain if each running shoe was Nike though.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=a867ec60-7d81-4f93-84fc-f9bd3ba79d56

Our newspaper in Florida had an article today and they said very little was known, but one foot was wearing a Reebok shoe, and two of the feet were size 12.

I was honestly hoping it was simply medical waste disposed of improperly. But I don't think anyone would put shoes on the feet first:confused: But then again...ya just never know.

:eek:I'm not trying to make fun, but that really sounded funny, Linda. I don't want this thread to get all silly again, but....(LOL)

Our newspaper in Florida had an article today and they said very little was known, but one foot was wearing a Reebok shoe, and two of the feet were size 12.

Thanks, MWBF. So it's not all about Nike then.

BeavisMom don't you even go there. I thought the same thing.

I believe the thread was moved due to early posting that was not well received, and glib. Once it was established this situation appears to be both criminal and not some sort of joke, that stopped. Does anyone know if it is appropriate to email the mods, have this thread locked and got to a new one for a new thread.

I think it a good idea. and maybe have the glib posts removed.

it's serious indeed. :(

Surely LE can release more information. Could they determine if the feet were from males? Females? Race determined? Black? White? Can they tell how the feet were severed? Sharp instrument? Blunt instrument? Torn off? What were the brand and design of the shoe? When were the shoes manufactured? Where were they sold? Estimate time in the water? Severed before or after death? Age of victim? Any other health considerations determined by looking at the feet? Lack of hair, sores? Any injuries? Corns? Callouses? Arthritis?
Being all the same foot, and from what I can read, all about the same size. Sounds deliberate, not accidental or coincidental. So who ever is doing this is either trying to send some grotesque message or is just having fun taunting everyone. Someone got bored with killing and no one noticing? Getting too easy for them? Or maybe they are trying to get themselves caught?

I think it a good idea. and maybe have the glib posts removed.

it's serious indeed. :(

ITA I would like to see this moved back to the crime section.Here is a snip from a newspaper story today from the man who found the latest foot.

The severed foot that washed up on a beach south of Vancouver on Thursday almost certainly belonged to a woman, says the man who found the remains.

Ladislaus was doing his regular check of the Kirkland shoreline when Sophie, his nine-year-old golden Labrador golden retriever, found the running shoe containing the foot. He said the size and style of the running shoe made him believe it belonged to a woman.

The other three right feet, which washed up on Jedediah, Gabriola and Valdes islands in the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver and Vancouver Island, all belonged to men.

LINK

Has anyone heard of this story of human feet washing ashore in western Canada? This is just scary.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080525/national/foot_found

The ocean has always been a trove of mysteries, most of which remain unsolved.

The latest head-scratcher that's leaving everyone from police to oceanographers baffled are a series of sneaker-clad right feet that have washed up on shorelines along islands in British Columbia.

There have been four in less than a year. All feet were wearing socks and shoes. Two of them were size 12.

The latest one was found on May 22 on Kirkland Island in the Fraser River.

"It's certainly a mystery we intend on solving," Constable Annie Linteau with the RCMP E Division told the media recently. "It's certainly very unusual."

I think the suggestion of tracing the shoes back to the store might help.

I'm glad they are conducting DNA tests on the feet.

Surely LE can release more information. Could they determine if the feet were from males? Females? Race determined? Black? White? Can they tell how the feet were severed? Sharp instrument? Blunt instrument? Torn off? What were the brand and design of the shoe? When were the shoes manufactured? Where were they sold? Estimate time in the water? Severed before or after death? Age of victim? Any other health considerations determined by looking at the feet? Lack of hair, sores? Any injuries? Corns? Callouses? Arthritis?
Being all the same foot, and from what I can read, all about the same size. Sounds deliberate, not accidental or coincidental. So who ever is doing this is either trying to send some grotesque message or is just having fun taunting everyone. Someone got bored with killing and no one noticing? Getting too easy for them? Or maybe they are trying to get themselves caught?

Zanko- great questions-
From the early articles, they were assumed male due to foot size, I want to say they were all size 12 or close, all right feet, all wearing a sneaker.
The ME, IIRC, stated there was no OBVIOUS signs the feet had been removed forcibly- which to me means that they are all probably removed "surgically" or by a surgical professional, floabw.
Apparently this last one appears to be that of a woman, and the connection has yet to be determined. I am shocked that they have not released the identity of the first three- I can't find it anywhere, unless testing has not been returned. Truthfully, outside of the states I am unfamiliar with their practice in that regard- Anyone?

Blink34, the AP article said only two of the feet were size 12. How weird...

Yes, the first article (upthread) said they were all size 12, which is apparently incorrect-

Anyone a Dexter fan? I posted this earlier, but I still say I swear you will see this case on that show.

Ebbesmyer, floating objects in the ocean. This almost sounds like the Onion.

Hobo, Alta: Anything from credible sources near you? A lot of interesting news which turns out true starts out as sketchy, but this one has almost no detail. Are these embalmed feet, how were they removed, and all the questions others on the thread have asked? Is this a hoax??

C6

This is so bizarre. If there's a serial killer on a ship somewhere, he/she must want to be noticed or the shoes would be off. IMO anyway. He could also be supplying the shoes which may or may not help in identifying the victims.

I read somewhere it may be from a small plane thet crashed - two brothers, in fact the police have taken DNA from the mens father to see if it is them. The family really believe that is the case. I read it last week on CTV.ca, or cbcnews.ca, but I cannot find the article now. I know someone else posted a link to this story from Yahoo last week as well. I'll see if I can find it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back