Inside the World's First Billion Dollar Home

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
Donald Trump, you have some catching up to do!

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/104984/Inside-the-World's-First-Billion-Dollar-Home

Atop six stories of parking lots, Antilla's living quarters begin at a lobby with nine elevators, as well as several storage rooms and lounges. Down dual stairways with silver-covered railings is a large ballroom with 80% of its ceiling covered in crystal chandeliers. It features a retractable showcase for pieces of art, a mount of LCD monitors and embedded speakers, as well as stages for entertainment. The hall opens to an indoor/outdoor bar, green rooms, powder rooms and allows access to a nearby "entourage room" for security guards and assistants to relax.
Ambani plans to occasionally use the residence for corporate entertainment, and the family wants the look and feel of the home's interior to be distinctly Indian; 85% of the materials and labor will come from outside the U.S., most of it from India. (a lot more plus pics at link)

(Is this really the first billion-dollar home? I thought that would be something that's already been done. How much was Bill Gate's home? Does the Taj Mahal count as a "home"?)

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/104984/Inside-the-World's-First-Billion-Dollar-Home

Atop six stories of parking lots, Antilla's living quarters begin at a lobby with nine elevators, as well as several storage rooms and lounges. Down dual stairways with silver-covered railings is a large ballroom with 80% of its ceiling covered in crystal chandeliers. It features a retractable showcase for pieces of art, a mount of LCD monitors and embedded speakers, as well as stages for entertainment. The hall opens to an indoor/outdoor bar, green rooms, powder rooms and allows access to a nearby "entourage room" for security guards and assistants to relax.
Ambani plans to occasionally use the residence for corporate entertainment, and the family wants the look and feel of the home's interior to be distinctly Indian; 85% of the materials and labor will come from outside the U.S., most of it from India. (a lot more plus pics at link)

(Is this really the first billion-dollar home? I thought that would be something that's already been done. How much was Bill Gate's home? Does the Taj Mahal count as a "home"?)

The Taj Mahal is a tomb.

I thought so, but couldn't remember, Jeana! Thanks. lol

I'll have two! :crazy:

sick, ain't it? when there are many in the world stuggling to get even water.

throw the owner in the trash. :rolleyes:

like Jeana says — the Taj Mahal is a tomb.

It IS sick, IMO because of the conditions of life in India alone. :mad: :(

I think its a shame when so many others are struggling and cant survive. No one needs that much, I cant imagine not helping others when you have that much to give.

It reminds me of the bible verse

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Instead of building a billion dollar home, maybe they should have built a hospital, hospice center or a few houses for the homeless. Do these people realize that there are a great deal of homeless people who have jobs but can't afford a place to live?

Conspicuous consumption at its worst!

Fortunately there are enough wealthy people who are hip to the disgust such a display engenders in the public eye, those who donate huge sums to charitable orgs, plus those who live way below their means (Warren Buffett comes to mind).

I can just hear the 'rationale' for this house..."Look at all the jobs we created!"

Ugh.

Instead of building a billion dollar home, maybe they should have built a hospital, hospice center or a few houses for the homeless. Do these people realize that there are a great deal of homeless people who have jobs but can't afford a place to live?

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2008/05/25/stories/2008052550890100.htm

Mukesh Ambani SEZ offers land or money for affected persons

Cash and job package
Allotment of 12.5% of the developed land in proportion to the original land owned...
Or Rs 5 lakh an acre as one-time down payment or
Rs 5,000 a month for lifetime
Vocational training for one person from each project-affected family and employment

Urban youths find champion in Ambani

Declaring education to be "the most important challenge" facing India today, Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani voiced full support for an American India Foundation effort to train 100,000 unemployed urban young people by 2010.
His comments came during a press conference on Wednesday, prior to the AIF Spring Awards Gala in New York City. The event drew 900 guests and raised more than $2 million for the foundation.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Story...Headline=Urban+youths+find+champion+in+Ambani

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2008/05/25/stories/2008052550890100.htm

Mukesh Ambani SEZ offers land or money for affected persons

Cash and job package
Allotment of 12.5% of the developed land in proportion to the original land owned...
Or Rs 5 lakh an acre as one-time down payment or
Rs 5,000 a month for lifetime
Vocational training for one person from each project-affected family and employment

How wonderful!
(I still think they should have given away more because imo, nobody needs a billion dollar house.)

How wonderful!
(I still think they should have given away more because imo, nobody needs a billion dollar house.)
I would bet this guy gives away a ton. but I agree that this is pretty outrageous. he is the richest man in India and his brother is the 2nd richest They fought for a long time until the mother stepped in an settled it LOL.

Is this man married or have a family? If he does, I sort of feel sorry for his kids since they can't actually live a more normal life.

Donating a whole load of dough does not make up for this ugly display, imo.

Pfooey on him!

I would bet this guy gives away a ton. but I agree that this is pretty outrageous. he is the richest man in India and his brother is the 2nd richest They fought for a long time until the mother stepped in an settled it LOL.

I guess I should stop fussing. At least Ambani donates something. :)

I guess I should stop fussing. At least Ambani donates something. :)
I didn't mean for you to stop, it just got me to go look and see if he gives much away or what kind of guy he is.

Honey you didn't cause me to stop. lol I think I fussed enough.

The how may be worth a billion, but the outside looks like zero. It looks like the projects.

Pretty fugly to me. That "residence" may cost a cool billion but is definitely no "home". What a waste. :rolleyes:

I could live there. It just looks like a hotel to me. The only thing I'd worry about is hearing things in the night! I mean in my little house I can pretty much hear everything that's going on. If someone broke into that house it may take a couple of days to find out where! And can you imagine the staff you'd have to keep on hand????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back