Man Sick Snake Bites Him While Using Toilet

GetSmart

Reaction score
This is my worst fear when we go camping or use the john at a park, I hate snakes. Growing up in Fl on the backwater you tend to have snake-dar.

Man Sickened After Snake Bites Him While Using Toilet
The deadly brown snake slithered between the unnamed victim’s legs and lunged at his groin area as he crouched on a roadside near Laura, Australia, which is 186 miles northwest of Cairns.
"It certainly had a swipe at him," an ambulance spokesman said Tuesday."But it didn’t envenomate him. As it came through, it must have got a bit of a shock."
However, as the snake retreated, he left the victim with a scratch, vomiting and abdomen pain-------------------------
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,359587,00.html

I'm glad the snake didn't release venom and that he will be okay. Poor man must have really had a scare. Though, the notorious Brown Snake of Australia is more venomous than most if not all snakes in the US, we deal with snakes of various species coming into our house routinely. We are prepared to be shocked at all times, especially when all has been quiet in the house. This is when they most often come in. I was once afraid of snakes, but instead of this situation making me more afraid, I have actually become more desensitized--thank goodness. Poor dd is still just as afraid of snakes as she has always has been though:(.

I'm glad the snake didn't release venom and that he will be okay. Poor man must have really had a scare. Though, the notorious Brown Snake of Australia is more venomous than most if not all snakes in the US, we deal with snakes of various species coming into our house routinely. We are prepared to be shocked at all times, especially when all has been quiet in the house. This is when they most often come in. I was once afraid of snakes, but instead of this situation making me more afraid, I have actually become more desensitized--thank goodness. Poor dd is still just as afraid of snakes as she has always has been though:(.

Oh, LionRun, you are one strong woman!!! I can't imagine that I could ever learn to get used to snakes. Oh, my, I would have to move if I ever found a snake in my house--maybe even outside of my house. I would forever be afraid. I don't think there is anything that scares me more than a snake.

I wouldn't have any trouble getting my husband to move if a snake was ever found in our home because he is as bad as I am about snakes.:eek::eek::eek:

I feel for your daughter, bless her heart. I can tell by your posts that you have a way of calming people so I bet you have your hands full when a snake gets into your home. (((hugs))) to both of you.

Jean said:
Oh, LionRun, you are one strong woman!!! I can't imagine that I could ever learn to get used to snakes. Oh, my, I would have to move if I ever found a snake in my house--maybe even outside of my house. I would forever be afraid. I don't think there is anything that scares me more than a snake.

I wouldn't have any trouble getting my husband to move if a snake was ever found in our home because he is as bad as I am about snakes.:eek::eek::eek:

I feel for your daughter, bless her heart. I can tell by your posts that you have a way of calming people so I bet you have your hands full when a snake gets into your home. (((hugs))) to both of you.<!-- / message -->

Thank you, Jean:). You aren't kidding about the need to calm someone! It takes all I have and more to help calm my daughter when snakes come in. She doesn't freak out nearly as much when squirrels, possums and other animals come in, thank goodness. I have a feeling that the poor man in Australia was probably more frightened than we are here, though. Geesh, most aussies recognize the Brown Snake on sight, and the poor man was in a bit of a vulnerable position:eek:!

I really like snakes but if I found one lunging venomously for my nether regions, I believe I'd die of a heart attack!

Thank you, Jean:). You aren't kidding about the need to calm someone! It takes all I have and more to help calm my daughter when snakes come in. She doesn't freak out nearly as much when squirrels, possums and other animals come in, thank goodness. I have a feeling that the poor man in Australia was probably more frightened than we are here, though. Geesh, most aussies recognize the Brown Snake on sight, and the poor man was in a bit of a vulnerable position:eek:!
Having an encounter with a king Brown in the middle of nowhere is an Aussies worst nightmare:eek:

This is my worst fear when we go camping or use the john at a park, I hate snakes. Growing up in Fl on the backwater you tend to have snake-dar.

Man Sickened After Snake Bites Him While Using Toilet
The deadly brown snake slithered between the unnamed victim’s legs and lunged at his groin area as he crouched on a roadside near Laura, Australia, which is 186 miles northwest of Cairns.
"It certainly had a swipe at him," an ambulance spokesman said Tuesday."But it didn’t envenomate him. As it came through, it must have got a bit of a shock."
However, as the snake retreated, he left the victim with a scratch, vomiting and abdomen pain-------------------------
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,359587,00.html

envenomate....is that really a word?:waitasec::).....

Can you imagine the shock the snake got as he crawled thru and that strange lookin' 'snake' reared it's head toward him?

Can you imagine the shock the snake got as he crawled thru and that strange lookin' 'snake' reared it's head toward him?

LMAO!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Having spent alot of time in the mountains while growing up, this story is a bit of a deep-seated fear for me. In fact, I'm sure that I've pee'd on my own shoes before in my haste to get out of a "vulnerable" position.

I'll bet that was a pain in the butt day!!!!! sorry I had to say that!!

envenomate....is that really a word?:waitasec::).....

I haven't looked it up, but I've heard it before. I have a friend who works at the Pensacola Zoo and is working on getting his Venomous license to handle the poisonous snakes. Invenomate, as I've heard it, just means something like the act of what a snake does when it bites you and the venom gets in you.

Injection - if it were someone using a needle. Invenomate if it's a poisonous snake bite involving the venom actually going in.

(En or In, I don't know.)

Either way, whatever the word for it is - EEEK!

I camp alot, and always assume the snakes feel you walking toward them and will leave before you lower the drawers. I guess I'll take a stick next time!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back