New Tribe Found in Amazon

MeoW333

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080529/sc_nm/brazil_tribe_dc

There is a little slide show on the left from the article.

" RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Amazon Indians from one of the world's last uncontacted tribes have been photographed from the air, with striking images released on Thursday showing them painted bright red and brandishing bows and arrows."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080529/sc_nm/brazil_tribe_dc

There is a little slide show on the left from the article.

" RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Amazon Indians from one of the world's last uncontacted tribes have been photographed from the air, with striking images released on Thursday showing them painted bright red and brandishing bows and arrows."

just great, now the missionaries will move in and destroy these peoples way of life. Missionaries being the discovery channel, national geographic and the religious ones.

They will be wearing T-shirts from Disneyworld and FILA tennis shoes by next year.

just great, now the missionaries will move in and destroy these peoples way of life. Missionaries being the discovery channel, national geographic and the religious ones.

They will be wearing T-shirts from Disneyworld and FILA tennis shoes by next year.

SO TRUE! I am glad to hear someone stating the truth. Missionaries will be falling over themselves to get down there and 'civilize' these people. Nat'l Geo will be trying to exploit them for some hour long special on their TV channel and a photo spread in their magazine. Next thing you know there will tours owned by some American or European company taking tourist to see these people in their natural habitat.
Can't we just leave them alone? They have been doing just fine without 21st century luxuries. I am glad to see this was posted. I was going to post it myself. It is amazing in this ultra-mobile, connected, high-tech world there is a whole tribe of people never found. As a former Anthropology student this is very exciting stuff but as a humanist I wish they could have remained anonymous.
One more reason in the loooooooooooong list of why we need to fight to end the destruction of the rainforest.

pixies-- you took the words right outta my mouth...!! and don't forget the actual CHURCH, itself. why can't we just leave people like this ALONE,,, JUST ONCE?? just let them be!!!! no doubt we will barge into their community and justify it by saying 'we just want to make sure they are OK... see if they need any help.. and if the "children" need anything (yeah, blame it on the children!)... and if hey have enough to eat,, the kids need their shots,, and of course they need wide-screen TVs, Wal-Marts, anti-depressants, and an Olive Garden on every corner..... LOL...... and oh by the way,, we'll take that land off your hands, thank you very much.....

Well, that depends on who gets there first, the missionaries or the bulldozers. We're totally destroying the rain forest.

I love that movie. The holy "coca cola bottle".

You are just too weird BG, how is it possible that you always are the one who knows each and every one of my bizarre references. I'm just pissed because I'm convinced you know more odd trivia than I do.

According to another article I read there is a gov't group there supposed to protect those people from "encroachment" - hopefully they can. If not - missionaries better watch out for those bows and arrows!

You are just too weird BG, how is it possible that you always are the one who knows each and every one of my bizarre references. I'm just pissed because I'm convinced you know more odd trivia than I do.
We must be twins with the same outlook on life and many shared experiences. I'm approaching 65 and have such an open mind. I'll read anything and watch almost any movie or informative show. I love all types of music and have been exposed to the classics by my parents. I raised my sons to also appreciate all music and literature. I was fortunate to have had a teacher expose me (with banned books covered with brown paper, LOL) to exploring interesting areas I would never have thought about. Where I lived and when during my life also helped my experiences and views.

You must have been exposed and appreciate similarly.:blowkiss::blowkiss:

I worry about "civilization" coming in and wiping them out with disease and sickness they haven't been exposed to. Similar to what the Native Americans experienced.

I worry about "civilization" coming in and wiping them out with disease and sickness they haven't been exposed to. Similar to what the Native Americans experienced.
I rarely give a thought to "celebrities" who adopt causes, but two stand out and I do support their efforts. One is Bono who makes sure most of the money raised goes directly to the charity and the other is Sting who has fought to raise our awareness of the consequences of the loss of equatorial rain forests.

Instead of earning energy credits, we should fight the destruction of these environmentally important rain forests. Leave the native people alone and do not encroach on their civilization.

pixies-- you took the words right outta my mouth...!! and don't forget the actual CHURCH, itself. why can't we just leave people like this ALONE,,, JUST ONCE?? just let them be!!!! no doubt we will barge into their community and justify it by saying 'we just want to make sure they are OK... see if they need any help.. and if the "children" need anything (yeah, blame it on the children!)... and if hey have enough to eat,, the kids need their shots,, and of course they need wide-screen TVs, Wal-Marts, anti-depressants, and an Olive Garden on every corner..... LOL...... and oh by the way,, we'll take that land off your hands, thank you very much.....

Thankfully they are trying to pass a law to protect the undiscovered tribes. They do not want them to die from disease. The article says there are about 20 tribes still untouched by modern man.
It is so cool and so are the pics. Just think, Bigfoot could be real. If this tribe could be around this long without proof so could a large animal.

Oh man!
I heard a lady this morning yelling
"It is now the end of the world"...at the grocery store...

She said because this is the "last" tribe on earth who has never heard of "jesus" and once it is preached to them and they learn how to be saved "Jesus will be coming back"...
She said it is biblical. :confused:

Craziness!

She was totally freaking my kids out.

Secret of the 'lost' tribe that wasn't

Tribal guardian admits the Amazon Indians' existence was already known, but he hoped the publicity would lift the threat of logging

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/21/amazon

Doesn't surprise me. i hope they'll be left alone.

i was in the Amazon rainforest for around six weeks and we were continually warned to leave anyone who appeared to not be a part of the western world alone, completely as this is against the rules for travelers. the tribes of the Amazon are protected.

except for voracious loggers. :(

This is amazing. I wonder what these poor people think when a plane or helicopter flies over them. In the one picture it looks like they are aiming their arrows at a plane.....

Wonder how many people in uncontacted tribes are on Prozac -- or worried about the price of gas --

I think they should be considered an endangered species and any attempt to contact them - missionaries et al -- should be against the law.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back