Saudi Wife arrested after going for an illegal drive

Go ahead and hang her, for pete's sake.

I'm sorry but they are a bunch of loonies over there.

:rolleyes:

And she was arrested for driving the six miles it took to go and pick up her husband, who is her "legal guardian." I say she should have made the SOB walk.

Im sorry this culture is not simply different then ours its inferior and wrong by any standard of civilization .
What case could possibly be made for it.The above is nothing unusual over there.
What I find interesting is that the people who claim to be the most concerned about human rights and gender equality are also the first ones to be reactionary apoligists for this utterly flawed belief system and those who embrace it.

Im in Australia and my husband has special requirements for me when I leave the house for a social meetings.

Saudi women have been trying to get this law overturned for some time and voices are becoming louder and louder. While I disagree with many of the aspects of Saudi law AND custom towards women, it does not say if this woman knew how to drive. Besides not being allowed to drive legally....did she even know how to drive??

This law like so many other antiquated law will change, women all over the gulf and the rest of the Arab countries can drive legally. My experience in Saudi was that I had a full time driver....frankly, I missed him when we left.:)

I love some of the statements you come out with Jeanna.....just LOVE them:)

Im in Australia and my husband has special requirements for me when I leave the house for a social meetings.
Are you kidding me Dingy? I would freak if my husband told me what to do.:eek:

Saudi women have been trying to get this law overturned for some time and voices are becoming louder and louder. While I disagree with many of the aspects of Saudi law AND custom towards women, it does not say if this woman knew how to drive. Besides not being allowed to drive legally....did she even know how to drive??

This law like so many other antiquated law will change, women all over the gulf and the rest of the Arab countries can drive legally. My experience in Saudi was that I had a full time driver....frankly, I missed him when we left.:)

Was he allowed to speak to you or did you feel that he was somehow watching you and your actions? I'd like to have a driver, one who drives better than my husband, but to have to be accompanied everywhere would get old.

I'd love to have a driver, too. Uh... could he be a weight lifter, handsome as all get-out, about 6 ft., curly dark hair?

And she was arrested for driving the six miles it took to go and pick up her husband, who is her "legal guardian." I say she should have made the SOB walk.

But if she had, she probably would have been beat for leaving him stranded or the religion police would lock her up for disobeying or some ????.

At the risk of saying something totally politically incorrect - I never, ever, want muslims elected to our government. Not at the city, county, state or federal level. I will vote against them just because of their religion. I don't care how moderate they are, this stuff bothers me. Even it they are peace loving muslims, they still believe that women have no standing next to men. Utter BS, in my opinion.

And no, I don't think Obama is muslim.

Salem

Im sorry this culture is not simply different then ours its inferior and wrong by any standard of civilization .
What case could possibly be made for it.The above is nothing unusual over there.
What I find interesting is that the people who claim to be the most concerned about human rights and gender equality are also the first ones to be reactionary apoligists for this utterly flawed belief system and those who embrace it.

:clap::clap::clap:

Salem

As a woman, why should I have to apologize for believing and saying that religions and cultures that don't recognize my worth are beneath me?

Excellent posts Salem and I soooooooo agree with them

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back